Ultra Omega-3 Review – 10 Things You Should Know Before You Buy
Ultra Omega-3 is a dietary supplement designed to support cardiovascular and cognitive function for adults. This high-quality fish oil concentrate comprises 500 mg EPA and 250 mg DHA.
These types of Omega-3 fatty acids are essential to our overall bodily function. It may help prevent neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia and improve depression and ADHD, and the like. Apart from that, it is also helpful in decreasing joint pain and stiffness associated with Osteoarthritis.
However, our regular diet may not provide us with enough Omega-3, which makes supplementation helpful in bolstering our health.
If you are curious how this supplement works, let’s look at the ingredients, benefits, side effects, reviews, and more about Ultra Omega-3 to know how this product can help you.
1) Quick Overview
Ultra Omega-3 is a blend of 2 types of essential omega-3 fatty acids: DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) and EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid). The body needs them as it needs vitamins and minerals to function normally.
This supplement is manufactured by Now Foods, an American company offering nutritional supplements. The company claims it is one of the best-selling brands, offering health-enhancing products for more than 40 years, and is a leader in its field.
Consumer reviews about Ultra Omega-3 are generally positive, with few drawbacks reported.
2) What Are Ultra Omega-3 Ingredients?
Ultra-Omega-3 by Now Foods contains the following ingredients:
- 500 mg of EPA or Eicosapentaenoic acid — Some sources say that this type of fatty acid EPA inhibits blood clotting and has anti-inflammatory properties that may relieve pain and swelling. It positively influences behavior and mood and may help individuals suffering from depression.
In addition, some studies show that it might help reduce Attention-Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) symptoms. It may also have a positive effect on depression.
- 250 mg of DHA or Docosahexaenoic acid — DHA may help improve the condition of individuals suffering from heart and circulatory illnesses, high blood pressure, type-2 diabetes, arthritis, cancer, and other health problems. Some sources reported its use in boosting memory. In fact, poor brain function and Alzheimer’s disease are associated with DHA deficiency.
DHA is also essential to pre-and post-natal brain cell functioning and formation. Pregnant women usually receive a DHA supplements prescription.
Research proves that DHA and EPA are commonly added to supplements to achieve optimum brain and body functioning.
3) Is Ultra Omega-3 Right for You?
This supplement is ideal for those who want to increase their omega-3 intake. Ultra Omega-3 may help individuals looking to improve their cognitive and cardiovascular functions.
Patients suffering from circulatory illnesses, high blood pressure, type-2 diabetes, arthritis, cancer, and other health problems may benefit from this supplement too.
However, the manufacturer recommends a balanced diet and exercise to achieve optimum health results. You can get EPA and DHA by consuming fish, broccoli, cauliflower, kidney beans, and nuts.
Before taking this supplement, please consult your doctor to ensure this complements your health goals.
4) Ultra Omega-3 Benefits & Results
- It supports cognitive and cardiovascular functions.
- It may improve the immune system and overall health.
- It may improve the condition of patients suffering from circulatory illnesses, high blood pressure, type-2 diabetes, arthritis, cancer, and other health problems.
- It may relieve pain and swelling.
- It may positively influence behavior and mood, helping those individuals suffering from depression.
- It contains well-researched core ingredients and tested fish oil concentrate.
- The product has receive an overall positive consumer reviews.
5) Potential Side Effects from Ultra Omega-3 Ingredients
The Omega-3 supplement side effects are generally rare. However, you may experience nausea, diarrhea, and smelly breath.
6) What You Need to Know Before Taking Ultra Omega-3
Consumer reports indicate that the Ultra Omega-3 helps improve health issues, with minor downsides like a strong fishy or chemical-like odor. It may also cause bad breath. Some reviews say that it offers the best value for money among fish oil supplements that you can get in the market.
It is also not recommended for pregnant and nursing women.
7) Where to Buy Ultra Omega-3?
This supplement can be purchased on the brand’s official online store and retailer e-commerce store like Amazon.
8) How Much Does Ultra Omega-3 Cost?
This product is available in 90 soft gels and 180 soft gels bottles. On the brand’s official store, a 90-soft gel bottle is priced at $20.79, while a 180-soft gel count is at $36.79.
9) How to Use Ultra Omega-3
The recommended dosage is one capsule taken daily with food.
Ultra Omega-3 from Now Foods is an Omega-3 based formula. It promotes the beneficial effects of EPA and DHA, two of Omega-3’s most critical fatty acids. It has an enteric coating which makes it easier to swallow and prevents the fish burps associated with Omega-3 supplements.
Like any other dietary supplement, we recommend caution and consulting a specialist.
Frequently Asked Questions about Ultra Omega-3
This supplement contains 500 mg of EPA or Eicosapentaenoic acid and 250 mg of DHA or Docosahexaenoic acid.
Ultra Omega-3 is an omega-3 fatty acid supplement offered by Now Foods. It contains natural fish oil concentrate that aims to support cognitive and cardiovascular health.
Side effects are generally rare for this supplement. However, you may experience nausea, diarrhea, and smelly breath.
This is available at the Now Foods official website and on Amazon.
The 90-soft gel bottle is priced at $20.79, while a 180-soft gel count is at $36.79.
Now Foods Ultra Omega-3 contains EPA and DHA known to improve cognitive functions. Research also shows that EPA and DHA can improve behavior and mood. It may also help individuals suffering from depression and ADHD.
The brand claims that this fish oil supplement is made to the highest quality standards. It's been tested to make it does not contain toxins, such as PCBs, dioxins, mercury, and other heavy metals that might be damaging to your health.
Take one soft gel once to twice daily with food.
If you have purchased the supplement at the Now Foods official store, the manufacturer allows returns and offers a full refund to unopened items. You may refer to the brand’s official website to know more about this.
Some users have reported that they experience burping fish smell and soft gels may have a chemical-like smell. This may also cause smelly breath.
According to some reviews, this product is a high-quality fish oil supplement at a great price. Some say they did not experience any smelly burping. However, not all will agree to this claim. Some describe it as having a horrible fish smell when you open the bottle.
The company Now Foods manufactures this supplement. It is an American, family-owned nutrition company operating since 1968.