Sasha de Beausset Aparicio, MS
Medical Expert Contributor
Sasha is a Nutritional Anthropologist with a Master of Science in Food and Nutrition from Tufts and a Master of Science in Food and Nutrition (2015) from the Universidad de San Carlos de Guatemala. She has been a food, nutrition, and health researcher and well published writer for ten years, also working as an international development consultant and most recently conducting lectures at Universidad Francisco Marroquín in the field of Nutritional Anthropology.
She is passionate about empowering people to make the best nutrition and health choices in a way that makes cultural and logical sense for each individual and community.
Sasha de Beausset Aparicio has written for countless online publications, including LifeHack.org, NutrishAtives.com, DoYouYoga.com, TheNaturalCitizen.com, WellWithinYou.com, FitAndHeal.com, GNet, and DietAnalytics.com. Some of her recent work includes:
- 3 Research-Proven Benefits of Coconut Water
- A 5-Minute Introduction to Prebiotics
- How Omega-3s Benefit You Throughout Life
- How Different Sugars Affect Your Body
- What Makes Food Organic?
- Food Is Culture
- Everything You Need to Know About Casein Protein
- Protein Shakes for Weight Loss
- How To Avoid Sugar Cravings With Protein Based Snacks
- Beginner’s Guide to Protein Shakes
- Vitamin D Deficiency & How To Combat It
Sasha de Beausset Aparicio currently lives in Guatemala with her family and three dogs. In her free time, she cooks, reads, gardens, and goes on adventures with her family around Guatemala and the world.