Super D Omega-3 is a liquid fish oil supplement with vitamins A, E, and D3. It’s sold by Carlson Labs, which was founded in Chicago over fifty years ago, in 1965. The company consistently brings their experience to the table to create quality supplements to fulfill a variety of needs. Super D, in particular, is aimed at people with a vitamin D deficiency who also want more Omega-3 fatty acids in their diet. Each teaspoon contains over 4000 mg of fish oil, 1100 mg of Omega-3s, and 2000 IU of vitamin D3.
1) What is Super D Omega-3?
Most people have some kind of vitamin D deficiency plus below-average intake of Omega-3s. Even if your vitamin D levels are in the normal range, you may still want them to be above your current score. It’s possible to overdo it with fish oil and vitamin D, so be careful with your intake, but it’s better to have high to normal levels of each.
2) Super D Omega-3 Ingredients
Super D Omega-3 contains the following ingredients: Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, 100% Norwegian Fish Oil, Omega-3 Fatty Acids, DHA, EPA, Natural lemon flavour, contains fish: cod.
3) Does Super D Omega-3 Work?
One teaspoon of Super D has 4600 mg of Norwegian cod liver oil, some vitamin A, a lot of vitamin D3, and an average amount of vitamin E. The fish oil includes 1100 mg of Omega-3s, with slightly more DHA than EPA. Although most people will want more EPA than DHA, the levels aren’t too imbalanced and this is still an effective supplement for most. It’s especially terrific with people with a vitamin D deficiency due to the 2000 IU per serving.
To maintain healthy levels of vitamin D, sunlight is the most common source in humans, and supplements generally contain 400 to 600 IU vitamin D per capsule. If bloodwork recommends a steep increase in attaining vitamin D, this product will fulfill your needs. The common alternative is to get prescription strength vitamin D pills which contain as much as 3000 IU each. These tend to be large and difficult to swallow. Instead of buying ungainly pills from a pharmacist, Super D is a great alternative that’s inexpensive and includes essential Omega-3s with your vitamin D.
4) Super D Omega-3 Benefits & Results
- Very pure high quality fish oil. Each bottle has nothing but cod oil, a natural lemon flavor, and three types of vitamins. The oil is extracted and bottled in Norway for maximum freshness, then batches are tested by an FDA-registered laboratory to ensure potency and purity.
- No fishy aftertaste or side effects like burping. You may need to refrigerate your bottle if you don’t plan to finish it within a month or two, just to make sure it stays fresh and free of adverse effects.
5) What You Need to Know Before Taking Super D Omega-3
- Not calorie free. Each serving contains 45 calories, 5g fat, and 20 mg cholesterol. While this is probably fine for most people, others will disapprove at seeing fat and calories in a supplement, even if the levels are fairly low.
- Could have more Omega-3s considering the large amount of fish oil you get per serving.
6) Super D Omega-3 Cost
Each bottle lasts for 50 days if you follow the label’s directions. This makes the price reasonable on its own, but you can often find it for a below MSRP price online or in your local stores. Compared to other supplements, Super D is extraordinarily inexpensive, especially if you take a dose that’s smaller than the recommended serving serving size. Some people will be able to get by with taking 3-4 ml a day instead of the serving size of 5 ml, effectively stretching their supply with no ill effects.
7) Directions For Taking Super D Omega-3
Low levels of Omega-3s and vitamin D can have a big impact on your mental health, as well as cardiovascular system and more. Both are essentials that do a lot to keep your body and mind healthy. Super D Omega-3 is one of the more specific fish oil products but it can easily help even the average consumer. If your D levels are very low, you could take two doses instead of one, but that isn’t recommended without consulting a doctor first. You don’t want to have too much fish oil.
8) Our Final Take On Super D Omega-3
Super D Omega-3 is an excellent example of what people should expect from their fish oil supplements. Each bottle has a lot of high quality fish oil and is supplemented by important vitamins, making this an inexpensive premium product.
Carlson Labs says it’s the number one selling liquid cod liver oil the United States. This is an entirely believable claim due to Carlson’s reputation and what reviews say online. Super D is one of the few supplements to have nearly universal acclaim without a bad word spoken against it. This is recommended product for many people looking to buy a good fish oil or something with high levels of vitamin D.