Longlifenutri Citicoline is a potent brain pill advertised as a memory and learning booster. Each bottle has 120 capsules, each of which contains 300 mg of choline (CDP-choline).
Choline, which is found primarily in egg yolks, offers several health benefits. It is utilized to enhance the levels of acetylcholine, a crucial neurotransmitter.
It supports learning as well as the formation of synapses and nerve connections. It also aids in the improvement of learning skills, attention, and alertness.
In our LongLifeNutri Citicoline review below, we’ll look at the critical components of this brain supplement, beginning with the manufacturer and working our way down to the advertised benefits, cost per dose, possible side effects, and what real users think of it.
1) What is Longlifenutri Citicoline?
LongLifeNutri Citicoline contains 300 mg of citicoline per serving. Citicoline is an essential nutrient.
Choline has been shown to enhance memory function, aid in brain growth, and treat anxiety and other mental disorders. There is some evidence that choline may reduce the incidence of neural tube defects in newborns and liver disease.
Before moving on with our LongLifeNutri Citicoline review, let’s see what science says about choline:
- According to a 2014 study in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, micronutrients with DNA methylation (folate, vitamins B6 and B12, choline, methionine) may have immediate as well as long-term effects on the epigenome, including energy status, food intake, physical activity levels, and energy metabolism.
- Higher concurrent choline intake was linked to enhanced cognitive performance in a 2011 large-scale research published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. In contrast, greater choline consumption was associated with little or no WMH (white-matter hyperintensity).
- Steven H. Zeisel, MD, Ph.D. investigated the role of choline during pregnancy in a 2006 study published in the Annual Review of Nutrition. The research revealed that choline is essential throughout fetal development. It affects stem cell proliferation and apoptosis, resulting in brain and spinal cord structure and function changes and an increased risk of neural tube defects and lifelong memory functionality.
2) The Company Behind Longlifenutri Citicoline
LongLifeNutri is an American brand owned by Carvalho Aleixo Inc, a family-run business based in Nevada.
According to LongLifeNutri’s official website, the company markets natural nutritional supplements with unique blends that guarantee excellent quality. All the company’s products are made in FDA-approved, GMP-Certified US state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities.
How to contact LongLifeNutri:
- Address: 100 N. West Street, Ste 1501, Wilmington 19801
- Website: longlifenutri.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (218) 382-8462
3) Longlifenutri Citicoline Ingredients
LongLifeNutri Citicoline contains the following active ingredients:
- Citicoline (CDP Choline) 300 mg
Other inactive ingredients include vegetable cellulose (capsule) and magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
4) Does Longlifenutri Citicoline Work?
Citicoline (also known as cytidine diphosphate-choline or CDP-Choline) is an intermediate in the generation of phosphatidylcholine from choline, a standard biochemical process in cell membranes.
Citicoline is widely available internationally as a supplement, originally developed in Japan to treat cerebrovascular disorders. Today, it is mainly used as a potent nootropic compound that converts to choline and cytidine upon ingestion.
Citicoline supports numerous vital bodily functions, including:
- Cell maintenance – The body uses choline to produce fats that make up cellular membranes.
- DNA synthesis – Citicoline and other nutrients such as folate and vitamin B12 can affect gene expression.
- Metabolism – Citicoline helps metabolize fats.
- Nervous system functioning – Citicoline is converted into a neurotransmitter by the body, which impacts nerves and controls automatic bodily processes like breathing and heart rate.
Citicoline was first recognized as an essential nutrient by the Institute of Medicine in 1998. According to some research, however, most individuals do not get enough of it.
Citicoline is needed to make acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that aids memory, mood, and intellect. It’s also required for DNA synthesis, which is crucial for brain function and growth.
It makes sense that Citicoline intake is linked to enhanced brain performance. A large, observational study published in Tuesday’s edition of the journal Neurology linked choline consumption and blood levels to enhanced brain function, including memory and processing.
In this study, adults aged 50-85 with poor memory saw their short- and long-term verbal memory improve after taking 1,000 mg daily for 90 days.
In a 6-month double-blind, placebo-controlled trial for the Journal of Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Psychiatry, patients with early Alzheimer’s disease were given phosphatidylcholine. In one small subgroup, memory performance improved modestly.
The exact amount of Citicoline a person needs depends on several factors:
- Pregnant or nursing women
- Biological sex
However, most Americans do not meet the recommended daily intake for Citicoline.
According to the United States Department of Agriculture, men aged 20 to 59 in the United States consume an average of 406-421 mg of Citicoline per day, whereas females in the same age group consume approximately 290-303 mg per day.
Pregnant women, nursing moms, and those with genetic abnormalities that raise the body’s need for Citicoline may be at a higher risk of Citicoline deficiency.
Although some people believe that vegetarians and vegans may risk Citicoline deficiencies, only mixed evidence supports this.
In fact, soybeans, potatoes, and mushrooms are some of the foods with the highest Citicoline content. A balanced diet that emphasizes whole foods should be enough to prevent deficiency.
5) Longlifenutri Citicoline Health Benefits
LongLifeNutri Citicoline claimed benefits include:
- Enhances overall brain health;
- Boosts mental energy acuity;
- Supports healthy cognitive function;
- Improves concentration & alertness;
- Helps maintain normal levels of acetylcholine;
- Uses premium quality, potency, and pure citicoline;
- The perfect recommended dose in just one serving a day;
- Backed by LongLifeNutri money-back guarantee.
6) Longlifenutri Citicoline Side Effects
Given the active substances in this nutritional supplement, some customers may experience minor to medium adverse effects, likely due to their bodies’ adaptation to the supplement.
Some LongLifeNutri Citicoline side effects may include:
- Chest pains
- Trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- Blurred vision
- Stomach pain
7) Longlifenutri Citicoline Product Warnings
Citicoline may have minor interaction with certain prescriptions or other dietary supplements. While likely safe when taken for up to 90 days, we strongly recommend consulting a healthcare provider before taking Citicoline in conjunction with prescription medication.
8) Where to Buy Longlifenutri Citicoline?
LongLifeNutri Citicoline can be purchased online from the official manufacturer’s store. The supplement may also be available in several other stores such as Amazon and Walmart.
9) How Much Does Longlifenutri Citicoline Cost?
One bottle of LongLifeNutri Citicoline (120 capsules / 120 servings) costs $27.90.
10) How to Take Longlifenutri Citicoline
As a dietary supplement for adults, take one (1) or two (2) vegetarian capsules daily, preferably with a meal or as directed by your healthcare professional. Do not consume more than five (5) capsules per day.
11) What Users Are Saying
"This supplement was recommended to me by my neurologist to help with brain function and memory issues. I see a difference in taking it vs. not taking it and can feel its absence if I forget to take it. " [Read full review]
"Citicoline effects are long-term. They can't be measured over a few weeks or even months. The best thing you can do is buy a product tested by a reputable manufacturer and use it consistently over the long term. This brand fits this and also provides the best value for the money. I am pleased with my purchase." [Read full review]
"I've tried several different CDP cholines, and this one is my favorite. I have purchased it several times, and the quality is fantastic! I highly reccommend it! I take CPD Choline regularly for work, and this is my go-to source from now on." [Read full review]
12) The Bottom Line – “Does it Work?”
CDP-Choline can be a valuable component in any nootropic stack for attention, focus, and memory. It’s a powerful memory booster that has been shown to enhance memorization and prevent age-related memory loss.
It’s a strong amplifier when paired with other nootropics. It enhances your mental energy, attention, and thinking. When stacked with racetams, it generates synergistic effects that go beyond the cognitive benefit of the individual components when used alone.
Clinically tested and studied for decades, Citicoline is extremely well-tolerated even at high doses, though high doses are not necessary to achieve optimal results.