Whether you’re a busy professional striving for a promotion, a college student hoping to ace your exams, or an older adult concerned about your memory fading away, the idea of simply taking a pill that boosts your brainpower might seem pretty appealing.
Brain Booster is advertised as a premium nootropic brain supplement for clarity, memory, focus, attention, concentration, and mood. Unlike other nootropics – where up to 90% of the formula is made out of nootropic herbal extracts – Brain Booster’s formulation also includes reasonable amounts of amino acids and vitamins.
Our Brain Booster review below will analyze the most critical elements of this nootropic brain supplement, starting with the manufacturer and finishing with the claimed benefits, cost per serving, potential side effects, and what real buyers think of the product.
1) What is Brain Booster?
The term “nootropic” was first introduced in 1964 by Dr. Corneliu Giurgea, a Romanian psychologist and chemist who discovered Piracetam, the world’s first synthetic smart drug.
Brain Booster is rich in Alpha-GPC, Lion’s Mane, and 17 other natural brain-support ingredients that may help users improve their cognitive function.
The supplement is made by Purely Optimal, a small American supplement manufacturer, and it’s available at a very affordable price. The product is non-GMO, gluten-free, and 3rd party tested for purity and potency.
2) The Company Behind Brain Booster
Purely Optimal is a health supplement company committed to helping individuals and families live a longer, healthier, and happier life. The company makes a wide range of clinically validated and targeted formulations designed to support specific health and wellness needs.
Some of their most popular products include Keto BHB, Collagen Complex, Premium Probiotics, Immune Support, Omega 3 Fish Oil, DIM + Bioperine, and Korean Panax Ginseng.
How to contact Purely Optimal:
- Website: purelyoptimal.com
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 1-800-738-6018
3) Brain Booster Ingredients
Brain Booster contains the following active ingredients:
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCI) 2 mg
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 400 mcg
- Magnesium (as Magnesium Oxide) 50 mg
- L-Taurine 50 mg
- L-Theanine 50 mg
- Artichoke leaf extract (5% Cynarin) 25 mg
- Dimethylaminoethanol Bitartrate (DMAE Bitartrate) 20 mg
- Soybean extract (20% Phosphatidylserine) 100 mg
- Acetyl L-Carnitine HCI 100 mg
- Acetyl L-Tyrosine 100 mg
- Ginkgo Biloba leaf 75 mg
- Rhodiola Rosea root extract 30 mg
- Fish Oil powder [14% Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA)] 20 mg
- Lion’s Mane mushroom (Hericium Erinaceus) 400 mg
- Alpha-Glycerophosphocholine 50% (Alpha-GPC) 250 mg
- Ashwagandha root 100 mg
- Bacopa Monnieri herb extract 100 mg
- Pyrroloquinoline Quinone (PQQ) disodium salt 5 mg
- Huperzia Serrata (aerial parts) (1% Huperzine A) 200 mcg
Other inactive ingredients include cellulose (vegetable capsule), magnesium stearate, silicon dioxide, and microcrystalline cellulose.
4) Does Brain Booster Work?
In this next part of our Brain Booster review, we will discuss some of the core ingredients included in the formulation, analyzing how these ingredients can benefit your cognitive health.
Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus) is a type of medicinal mushroom with potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immunostimulant properties.
The mushroom has been used for centuries in Traditional Chinese medicine to treat a wide range of health issues. Today, Lion’s Mane is an increasingly popular ingredient in nootropics and other brain-support supplements.
However, a significant part of the available research data results from small clinical trials, test-tube studies, and animal-based research. Lion’s Mane still needs to be thoroughly tested in human trials.
Nevertheless, the data indicates that the mushroom may offer several health benefits, including support for neuronal health and protection against degenerative brain diseases like Alzheimer’s disease.
In a number of animal studies, Lion’s Mane extracts have been proven to reduce symptoms of memory loss in mice, as well as limit neuronal damage generated by amyloid-beta plaques, which accumulate in the brain during Alzheimer’s disease.
Alpha-GPC is a powerful cholinergic. Compared to the 400 to 600 mg you can typically get from other similar dietary supplements, 250 mg may seem like a very low amount. However, clinical studies showed that Alpha-GPC might benefit your brain health even in doses up to 100 mg.
Typically, Alpha-GPC is used in dietary supplements to:
- Boost learning and focus;
- Improve memory impairment;
- Improve cognitive function and increased neurogenesis in epilepsy patients;
- Improve athletic performance;
- Improve recovery from stroke.
Unlike choline bitartrate, another popular choline supplement on the market, Alpha-GPC can cross the blood-brain barrier, which enables its beneficial effects on the brain. It’s one of the reasons why Alpha-GPC is such a popular addition to nootropic formulas.
5) Brain Booster Health Benefits
Brain Booster claimed benefits include:
- Improves memory, clarity, and focus;
- Potent source of nutrients that support brain health;
- Improves mood and overall wellbeing;
- Helps relieve stress and anxiety;
- Protects brain cells from damage;
- Provides the brain with a natural energy boost;
- Uses premium ingredients;
- Made in the United States in a certified facility and 3rd party lab tested for purity and potency.
6) Brain Booster Side Effects
Giving the ingredients available in Brain Booster nootropic supplement, some users may experience mild to moderate side effects, typically as a response to how their bodies adjust to the supplement.
Brain Booster side effects may include:
- Increased blood pressure
- High blood pressure
- Slowed heart rate
- Muscle, joint, or back pain
- Dry mouth
- Muscle tension
- Swelling in your hands or feet
- Muscle tension
- Loss of appetite
This formula contains Huperzine A, Ginkgo Biloba, Rhodiola Rosea, and other herbal extracts. The available research suggests that herbs are more likely to cause side effects and unwanted interactions with medication when continuously taken for more than 30 days.
Therefore, we recommend cycling the supplement regularly, taking one week off every three weeks as a minimum. Longer breaks are advised after repeated cycles.
7) Brain Booster Product Warnings
Brain Booster contains ingredients that may interact or affect the way specific medications work. We recommend consulting a medical doctor if you are under treatment or have a known medical condition.
Examples of prescription medications that may interact with ingredients in Brain Booster include:
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs);
- Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs);
- Sedative medications (CNS depressants);
- Medications for Alzheimer’s disease (Acetylcholinesterase (AChE)
- Monoamine Oxidase Inhibitors (MAOIs);
- Blood thinners;
- Medications that increase bruising and bleeding risks.
8) Where to Buy Brain Booster
Brain Booster is available in capsule form and, like most of its competition, comes in a standard bottle with an eye-catching design. Each bottle contains 60 capsules, which should be enough for up to 30 days at a recommended daily dose of two (2) capsules.
The supplement can be purchased online from Purely Optimal’s store or retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, eBay, GoSupps, and Professional Supplement Center.
9) How Much Does Brain Booster Cost?
One bottle of Brain Booster nootropic supplement costs $22.00 (60 capsules / 30 servings).
10) How to Take Brain Booster
As a dietary supplement, take two (2) capsules daily, preferably with food.
As always, we strongly recommend reading and understanding the label before taking any dietary supplements or medications.
11) What Users Are Saying
"After about three days, I began noticing the effects. I had better mental clarity, better recall, and was able to focus more throughout the day. When I took Brain Booster, I also noticed that I didn't need as much caffeine as I usually drink to feel energetic and clear-headed." [Read full review]
"I feel like my memory is sharper. I am remembering things clearer and for longer periods. It's nice to be clear-headed and not constantly worried I forget too many things. I will continue to use this product." [Read full review]
"It's a decent product, but with it having fish oil in it, I could smell it when I opened it. Then I would burp up the fish oil smell for the hour following taking it. I've tried lots of other nootropics, and you get what you pay for." [Read full review]
12) The Bottom Line – “Does it Work?”
Today’s market is packed with nootropics and other brain supplements that claim to boost your memory, clarity, focus, alertness, attention, and cognitive function. However, it is crucial to ensure that you get the best alternative for yourself.
Brain Booster, made by Purely Optimal, is one of the better choices. The formula includes some proven ingredients like Alpha-GPC, L-Theanine, Acetyl L-Carnitine, and Bacopa Monnieri that may help support your brain health.
Overall, Brain Booster offers a good mix of potent nootropics and support ingredients (i.e., Vitamin B6, Magnesium, Vitamin B12, DHA). Still, the formula also contains ingredients we don’t like (such as Huperzine A).
If interested in an alternative brain booster for students, check out our NooCube review.