If you’ve ever seen the 2011 movie “Limitless,” starring Bradley Cooper, you might know about the recent phenomenon of “smart drugs” or “smart pills” that claim to boost memory and improve cognitive performance. These smart pills are generally recognized as “nootropics.”While you won’t gain superhuman abilities by using nootropics, these supplements may help with cognitive enhancement, positively influencing the brain and overall mental clarity. Brain Plus by Arazo Nutrition is a nootropic that claims to help users achieve better clarity, focus, and overall brain health.
Our Brain Plus review below will analyze the most critical elements of this nootropic supplement, starting with the manufacturer and finishing with the claimed benefits, cost per serving, potential side effects, and what real buyers think of the product.
1) Brain Plus at a Glance
Brain Plus is advertised as a premium nootropic for memory, focus, and cognitive function. According to Arazo Nutrition, this supplement is also designed to promote a positive mood, reduce brain fog, and increase energy. The supplement includes many ingredients (primarily vitamins and minerals) and claims to offer all the nutrients you need in just two capsules per day. It is available in the form of oral pills that are to be taken in one dose per day, making the supplement use more convenient.
This nootropic supplement is made by Arazo Nutrition, a company known primarily for its testosterone boosters and workout supplements. The company claims to produce it in a GMP-certified facility through third-party checks to guarantee efficacy while reducing the risk of side effects.
2) The Company Behind Brain Plus
Arazo Nutrition is an American health and nutrition manufacturer located in Wilmington, Delaware. According to the official website, its dietary supplements are formulated by a team of doctors, health specialists, and healthcare experts, strictly delivering industry-best products. Arazo Nutrition makes a wide range of supplements, including best-sellers such as Alpha Maxx, Brain Plus, 5-HTP, Testo Boost, Tribulus, Vital One, CoQ-10, and Joint Support.
3) Brain Plus Ingredients
Brain Plus contains the following active ingredients:
- DMAE: Experts believe DMAE can positively affect mood, enhance memory, and improve brain function, making it a prevalent ingredient in many brain supplements. It works by increasing acetylcholine production, a neurotransmitter crucial for helping nerve cells send signals and regulating numerous cognitive functions, such as memory and learning.
- L-Glutamine: This ingredient plays a crucial role in many biological processes, including protein synthesis, regulating kidney and immune function, and repairing intestinal tissues. It also serves as a secondary fuel source for cellular energy and helps create other essential compounds, including purines and glucose (the building blocks of DNA). Experts also prescribe L-Glutamine for its health benefits for people with Crohn’s disease, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, epilepsy, irritable bowel syndrome, insomnia, obesity, schizophrenia, peptic ulcers, and ulcerative colitis.
- Licorice Root: A small number of studies suggest the role of licorice root in reducing dementia-related cognitive decline.
- Grapeseed Extract: Grapeseed extract has been associated with cognitive benefits in middle and old-age users.
- Bacopa Monnieri: Bacopa is known as a prized ingredient for managing depression, anxiety, and stress while improving mental clarity and energy. This ingredient is also known to protect the brain from age-related damage.
4) Side Effects of Using Brain Plus
Given the many ingredients included in this nootropic, some individuals may experience mild to moderate adverse effects, typically responding to how their bodies adjust to the supplement.
Brain Plus side effects may include:
- Stomach cramps
- Dry mouth
- Vivid dreams
- Increased bowel movements
Brain Plus contains certain herbal extracts which are more likely to cause adverse effects and negative interactions with specific prescriptions when continuously taken for more than 30 days. Therefore, experts recommend cycling the supplement regularly, taking one week off every three weeks as a minimum. Longer breaks are advised after repeated cycles.
5) Brain Plus Warnings and Precautions
Brain Plus contains Huperzine A, Phosphatidylserine, Bacopa Monnieri, and other ingredients that are known to interact with specific prescriptions. We recommend consulting a medical doctor before taking this nootropic supplement if you are under treatment with:
- Ephedrine-based medications
- Tricyclic antidepressants (TCAs)
- Monoamine oxidase (MAO) Inhibitors
- Medications for Alzheimer’s disease (Acetylcholinesterase (AChE) inhibitors)
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Triptans for migraine
- Drying medications (anticholinergics) such as Atropine and Scopolamine
- Certain HIV medications and Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) treatments
- Stimulant drugs such as amphetamines
- Blood thinners
- Birth control pills or other estrogens
- Seizure medications
6) Who Sells Brain Plus?
While Brain Plus is quite popular on Amazon, there aren’t many buying options other than the Amazon store or the official Arazo Nutrition website. Purchasing the supplement from Amazon with the “Subscribe and Save” option can help customers get a 5 to 10% discount and free shipping.
7) Brain Plus Cost
One bottle of Brain Plus (60 capsules / 30 servings) costs $19.95. At this price, Brain Plus is one of the most affordable nootropics available on the market.
8) Directions For Taking Brain Plus
As a dietary supplement, take two (2) capsules once per day. For best results, take it 20-30 min before a meal with an 8 oz glass of water or as directed by your healthcare professional.
As always, we strongly recommend reading and understanding the label before taking any dietary supplements or medications.
9) What Users Are Saying
"It helps me on days I struggle with insomnia. So I ordered this a few weeks back, and I didn't feel "Brain boosted" in a crazy way, but I felt a notable clarity when I only had 3-4 hours of sleep. It helped me function as if I had gotten 6-8 hours of sleep." [Read full review]
"Being 72 yrs old, things become fuzzy sometimes, so I decided to give this a try. About halfway thru, taking one in the morning, one at night, I started to notice thinking about the past, recalling names and events I had long forgotten." [Read full review]
---Peter P. Boron
"I bought this product for my husband, who has pretty bad dementia. I hoped it would improve his memory/thinking a little, but I can't see any difference after taking one bottle. He retains very little current information at this point, gets very confused at times. Yes, it has good vitamins in it, but I can't speak for any other ingredients." [Read full review]
10) The Bottom Line – “Does it Work?”
Brain Plus, made by Arazo Nutrition, is a popular brain supplement on Amazon, but it’s not widely available anywhere else. The formula contains 41 different ingredients, ranging from vitamins and minerals to amino acids and herbal extracts. Typically, in this sort of complex formulation, the vitamins and minerals serve as support for the amino acids, herbs, or other compounds that can benefit your brain.
Overall, Brain Plus looks like a decent entry-level nootropic supplement. It’s affordable, which is a huge plus if you’re simply browsing the market for a nutritional supplement that may work for you.