BrainON is described as a nootropic powered by a unique species of blue-green algae called Aphanizomenon flos-aquae. Aphanizomenon flos-aquae is their source of phenylethylamine (PEA) and phycocyanin.
This is the first time we’ve seen this type of nootropic formula, so we’re actually excited to see what it does. If this trend persists, we might see the rise of sustainable alternatives for every type of supplement across the industry.
The question is, can BrainON bring its nootropic game on? Read our BrainON review to find out.
1) BrainON at a Glance
- BrainON is available in capsule and powder form
- Suitable for vegans
- Unique blue green algae formula
- Marketed as a mood balance supplement with some focus benefits
2) The Company Behind BrainON
The company behind this product is “E3Live,” a company that sells a variety of organic “superfood” supplements including pet foods. They even sell fresh and frozen superfoods with their respective animal counterparts.
E3Live claims they are the only harvester of the AFA (Aphanizomenon Flos-Aquae Algae) and that they can bring it while in the form of fresh-frozen liquid.
- Phone: 888-800-7070; International 541-273-2212
- Email: SALES@E3LIVE.COM; International: INBK@E3LIVE.COM
3) Details on BrainON Ingredients and Uses
BrainON contains the following ingredients:
Concentrated Organic and Kosher E3AFA (Aphanizomenon flos-aquae) extract of Phenylethylamine (PEA) and Phycocyanin, vegetable cellulose capsule.
The blue-green algae is separated into two ingredients:
- PEA is a bonafide mood enhancer, but it does carry some anti-stress benefits as well as some mild improvements on focus.
- Phycocyanin is actually the very pigment found in the algae source and is known to have anti-inflammatory properties. Some reports also suggests it has neuroprotective effects and fights oxidation-related brain damage.
4) Does BrainON Work?
It’s tough to say if BrainON indeed works as intended.
The best we can assume is it can improve mood and maybe reduce symptoms of anxiety as PEA is one of the best when it comes for mood benefits.
PEA also has some attention/focus effects, but it’s more for those with ADHD based on studies.
We’re on the fence regarding phycocyanins as there is still not much known about these pigments other than it’s just a “healthy compound.” It needs more human studies for us to say that it provides brain protection.
5) BrainON Health Benefits
- Improve the mood with PEA and provides many health benefits associated with blue-green algae consumption
- Blue-green algae is a renewable source
- Potential brain-protective benefits
6) What You Need to Know Before Taking BrainON
- If you buy the powdered version, you may not like the taste of blue-green algae powder.
- It is one of the most expensive supplements when you compare it to other products of the same potency and efficacy.
7) Where to Buy BrainON?
BrainON can be purchased through their website and other supplement retail stores like Amazon.
8) BrainON Cost
- One bottle (60 capsules): $28.45
- One bottle (120 capsules): $46.85
- One bottle (240 capsules): $83.25
- One bottle (50 grams): $40.65
- One box (30 x 1 g sachet): $39.96
9) Directions For Taking BrainON
For capsules, they recommend 2 capsules, 1-2 times per day—before any activity requiring attention.
For powder, they recommend mixing 1/2 Teaspoon in your favorite cold beverage 1 or more times daily.
10) Final Thoughts on BrainON
BrainON is a unique and sustainable take on nootropics.
Using a blend purely sourced from blue-green algae sets it apart from the typical synthetics and herbals we see everywhere, and we think it’s a good thing. This might be the start of sustainable formulation, which will benefit everyone in the long-term.
As great as E3Live’s intentions are, does BrainON work as a nootropic? We think it works as a good mood enhancer and anti-stress product at most. The brain protective benefits are still unconfirmed as of this writing due to lack of human trials.
Regardless, if you want a mood booster that won’t make you leave that much of a carbon footprint, we think BrainON is a good brand to try.