Are you a professional with long duty hours every other day, or a student with tons of assignments and projects lying ahead of you?
Regardless of the field you belong to, stress can easily take a toll on your health, directly affecting your mental focus, energy, mood, and learning capacity. To avoid unnecessary hassle and work to the best of your abilities, consider using a mind-sharpening supplement such as Brain Candy by BioTest Laboratories.
As described by the manufacturing website, Brain Candy works by optimizing the energy systems of the body and the brain which not only fills you with energy but also improves the mood, confidence, and creativity.
This review will analyze Brain Candy and confirm if it is actually true to its claims and is worth a purchase.
1) What is Brain Candy?
In today’s world, there are two types of brain supplements: nootropics that sharpen the memory and mind, and stimulants that energize it.
Brain candy by BioTest is a mixture of both types. Primarily advertised as a caffeine shot, the supplement has many nootropic ingredients and brain-enhancing agents that contribute to its effects. The supplement comes in the form of a liquid enclosed in small plastic bottles.
There are two versions currently available; one with caffeine and one without it. Even the caffeine version is claimed to provide the brain with clean, long-lasting energy with minimal risk of a crash.
2) The Company Behind Brain Candy
Brain Candy is a product of a company called Biotest Laboratories. The company is based in the UK and is known to produce many high-performance supplements targeting fat loss, energy, protein, and anything else that gives the human body an edge.
Unfortunately, not much information is available about the manufacturer.
3) Ingredients of Brain Candy
Brain Candy by BioTest includes the following ingredients:
- Acetyl L-Carnitine: This enhanced version of carnitine comes with several benefits. It not only supports fat burning but also offers other benefits to the brain by readily crossing the blood-brain barrier. Inside the brain, acetyl-l-carnitine triggers the production of acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that improves memory, cognition, learning, and problem-solving skills.
- Caffeine: Caffeine works by increasing the cyclic AMP, a naturally-occurring chemical in the body that boosts energy and metabolic processes.
- CDP Choline: CDP Choline is a naturally occurring form of choline that is highly bioavailable. Using it in adequate amounts increases the attention span, enhances memory and improves learning abilities.
- Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE): Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) targets the brain to increase the levels of acetylcholine. This effect leads to mood improvement, better concentration, and improved sleep patterns.
- L-Theanine: This ingredient is a natural amino acid that helps in the regulation of neurotransmitters dopamine, serotonin, and GABA. Inside the body, it works by reducing stress, improving mood, and enhancing thinking. Additionally, L-theanine also relaxes the mind and body without leading to drowsiness while mitigating the jittery effects of caffeine.
- L-Tyrosine: L-tyrosine is another type of naturally-occurring amino acid that the brain uses to improve focus, mood, memory, libido, and a general sense of well-being. Adequate supplementation with this ingredient makes people refreshed by reducing the short-term stress induced by intensive work.
4) Is Brain Candy Safe for Everyone?
Brain Candy may occasionally lead to a few side effects, such as headaches and heart palpitations. However, not every user is likely to experience them and some may be more susceptible to them than others. To be on the safe side, consider stopping the supplement the minute you experience any complications.
Since Brain Candy also contains caffeine which possesses diuretic properties, you may need to go to the toilet more often than usual. Make sure you drink enough water to prevent getting dehydrated.
5) Brain Candy Warnings and Precautions
- Brain Candy is not safe for people who are currently getting treatment or are expected to be treated for panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, or any other mental health issue.
- People who are sensitive to caffeine should not use the standard variant of Brain Candy.
- The product may not be suitable for pregnant and lactating females.
6) Where to Buy Brain Candy
Brain Candy is not too commonly available. The only retailers selling them include T-nation, Walmart, and Amazon.
7) How Much Does Brain Candy Cost?
The price for BioTestBrain Candy varies depending on the platform you are purchasing it from. In general, a pack of this supplement containing 16 bottles is priced at $49.99. The exact price may also vary depending on the discounts offered by the platform you choose to purchase it from.
8) How to Use Brain Candy
Brain Candy by BioTest is available in a liquid form enclosed in small bottles, each with 4.26 oz of the supplement. The daily dosage recommendations suggest using one bottle every morning without having breakfast. The maximum daily dose is two bottles and users are advised not to exceed it under any circumstances. If you feel like one bottle of the supplement is too much for your body to handle, you may consume half of it and store the remaining liquid in the fridge for consumption the day after.
While it is advised to use Brain Candy on an empty stomach, you may also take it with food. Try using it a few minutes before your meal for the best, uninterrupted results.
9) The Bottom Line – “Does it Work?”
Overall, Brain Candy’s formula seems potent enough to work but may be too much for some people. While there are indeed some great ingredients included, the massive amount of caffeine may also be a hindrance. The supplement may be a good choice if you work out with regularity as it may give you that extra bit of energy you need. However, don’t overdo it, and definitely don’t take more than the recommended dose.