Saw Palmetto is a prostate health formula that has been touted for its abilities to improve testosterone production and suppress abnormal prostate growth. It is also safe for use in benign prostatic hyperplasia and abnormal urine flow rates in men. It is manufactured and sold by a US-based company that specializes in selling herbal supplements called “Zhou Nutrition.” This company is dedicated to providing their clients with high-quality products that combine the power of traditional herbal medicine with modern scientific research. The company claims that their product contains a Saw Palmetto complex to ensure you get the most out of this herb known for its power to improve prostate health.
1) What is Saw Palmetto?
Frequent urination is a prevalent problem for men as they age. However, it can be dealt with ease. Saw Palmetto contains several plant sterols, including Beta-Sitosterol which is the most effective agent in supporting prostate health. It is one of the products that contain both Saw Palmetto powder and extract. Plant sterols and other powerful ingredients in this formula block the conversion of testosterone to DHT (dihydrotestosterone) by blocking an enzyme called 5-alpha-reductase.
The reason why Zhou Nutrition experts chose Saw Palmetto in making this supplement is that the herb was found to be effective in relieving LUTS (lower urinary tract infections) across numerous studies. A review of several studies and clinical researches published in health journals reveals that the plant sterols found in Saw Palmetto reduce LUTS by inhibiting the effects of testosterone on the prostate gland, reducing inflammation, slowing down cell proliferation, and decreasing water retention.
To maximize the effectiveness of their product, Zhou Nutrition added both Saw palmetto extract and powder to their supplement. The reason is that some studies find that Saw palmetto extract was more effective in mitigating LUTS while others concluded that the different compound in the herb works better in synergy.
2) Details on Saw Palmetto Ingredients and Uses
Saw Palmetto contains the following ingredients: Saw Palmetto Berries (powder) 450 mg and Saw Palmetto Berries (extract 45% fatty acids) 50 mg.
3) What Saw Palmetto Does?
- It is a safe and efficient supplement in the treatment of LUTS caused by an enlarged prostate.
- It appears to block hormones in a similar biological way as some natural enzymes in the body. It may exert an anti-inflammatory and anti-testosterone effect that decreases generalized prostate inflammation and swelling.
- It is also an effective approach for the treatment of BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy).
4) What You Need to Know Before Taking Saw Palmetto
- Not every research showed that saw palmetto works well to treat the symptoms of LTS and benign prostatic hypertrophy.
- Men with chronic prostatitis (a long-term inflammatory condition of the prostate) did not see improvement even after taking saw palmetto for one year.
5) Saw Palmetto Directions
Recommended dose of this supplement is just one capsule per day. Adding this premium formula to your diet is one of the easiest things you can do for prostate health.
Saw Palmetto Complex is a high-quality product sold at a reasonable price by a well-known company that adheres to the highest manufacturing standards set by GMP and the FDA. If you are a male over 45, it is time to take care of your prostate health naturally. With this formula, you will promote a healthier prostate, which means it could reduce unnecessary bath visits every night. Feel good about improving your prostate health and finally get your sound night’s sleep back!