True Calm is a supplement specially designed to help individuals achieve relaxation and calm while regulating their mood. The supplement is manufactured by Now Foods, a company founded in 1968 and has years of experience in the nutritional products industry. According to the company, True Calm works by providing essential nutrients to the brain to regulate the over-stimulated nerve cells. The amino-acid-delivering system in the supplement ensures that the formula is able to breach the BBB (Blood Brain Barrier) so the beneficial nutrients can quickly reach the brain and deliver the desired benefits.
Is True Calm reliable? What is its price range, and what should you keep in mind before adding the supplement to your daily routine? This True Calm review will help you find answers to all these questions.
1) Quick Overview
Today’s busy lifestyles can easily take a toll on mental health, leading to overstimulation of nerves and high-stress levels. With no time to spare, many people are on the lookout for something that can help them combat these stress levels and relax their minds and bodies. True Calm by Now Foods is one such supplement that utilizes a blend of amino acids to cross the blood-brain barrier and deliver all necessary nutrients to the brain. The company claims to have tested the extract itself to ensure that it delivers what it promises.
All ingredients added to True Calm are completely natural, with no additives, chemicals, fillers, or other synthetic agents. This natural, vegan-friendly composition assures a high safety profile associated with the product. However, keep in mind that TrueCalm has not been FDA-approved and should not be taken by children. According to its manufacturer, the product should not be taken when you drive or operate heavy machinery as some of its ingredients may cause drowsiness.
2) The Company Behind TrueCalm
Back in the 1960s, when there was no concept of health foods, Elwood Richard attempted to set up a small chain of stores selling these health foods in Chicago under the name of Health House. As a physical chemist, Elwood focused on enhancing physical performance using healthy foods and supplements during his college days. The knowledge he acquired then made him a firm believer in the benefits of natural products. However, because of the high cost associated with his products, he started losing customers. Eventually, Elwood realized that to make his company thrive; he needed to make more affordable natural products that his clients could easily keep consuming without any financial burdens. This led him to establish Now Foods.
Today, Now Foods is still under the supervision of the Richard family and has grown significantly ever since to become a recognizable brand in the country. It is now known to provide an extensive line of natural products in alignment with Elwood’s original vision: to meet customer needs for healthy foods through high-quality yet affordable products. The legacy-owned brand is relentless about making the supplement industry better with its natural products and has a mission to empower people to lead healthy lives. As a leading company with more than 50 years of experience, the company is dedicated to the provision of superior quality, uses sustainable sourcing, and maintains transparency at all levels.
3) TrueCalm Ingredients
TrueCalm contains the following ingredients in its core formula
- Niacin (as Niacinamide): Also known as vitamin B3, niacin is essential to the vitamin B complex. A deficiency of this vitamin can lead to brain, kidney, and skin disorders. Moreover, niacin is also a precursor of many neurotransmitters that directly impact mood. Research has also confirmed that its deficiency leads to several psychiatric manifestations.
- Vitamin B6 (from Pyridoxine Hydrochloride): Vitamin B6 is critical for the conversion of L-dopa into dopamine. Additionally, the potent antioxidant effects of this vitamin protect the brain cells from damage and maintain their health.
- GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid): Gamma-aminobutyric acid is a natural amino acid that provides a safety net for mental health. It also protects the brain from stress while relieving anxiety levels.
- Glycine: This ingredient is a conditionally essential amino acid found abundantly in the body, particularly throughout the central nervous system’s excitable tissues, where it is thought to have a regulating influence. It helps normalize electrical signals across neurons, enhancing and optimizing brain function.
- Taurine: Taurine is a type of amino acid that also works as a neurotransmitter in the brain to improve brain function. It is also known to manage other diseases like epilepsy, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease. It is an amino acid and is known to increase blood flow when taken orally.
- Inositol: This ingredient has been proven to balance neurotransmitters in the brain and boost mood.
4) Does TrueCalm Work?
As stated above, True Calm is a mixture of amino acids, herbal extracts, vitamins, and minerals. One of the most important ingredients in this supplement is GABA, an amino acid that acts as a neurotransmitter in the central nervous system with strong tranquilizing properties backed by plenty of evidence. Similar effects have been associated with the rest of the supplement’s ingredients, such as Valerian root, glycine, and taurine, making the product likely to work.
Keep in mind that True Calm may be effective in patients with mild panic attacks or anxiety disorder. The formula may also help alleviate depressive feelings in the users. However, it does not claim to cure these complex psychiatric issues. There are many testimonials about TrueCalm posted online.
5) TrueCalm Claims
According to Now Foods, True Calm can be a good choice to add to everyday life because of the following reasons:
- Its all-natural ingredients make it a prime choice for people looking for a chemical-free Ayurvedic remedy to uplift their mood
- All ingredients are listed on the website with no hidden information
- The company has conducted several studies to support some of its claims
- There are no known side effects associated with True Calm
6) TrueCalm Warnings and Precautions
If you are planning to include True Calm in your daily life, keep the following precautions in mind:
- There are no customer testimonials available
- There are no free samples
- Certain claims are based more on folklore than science
- The product is not FDA approved
7) Where to Buy TrueCalm
Visit nowfoods.com to place an order for True Calm directly from the official manufacturer. Additionally, you may also get it from Amazon, Walmart, eVitamins, iHerbs, and Target.
8) TrueCalm Price
TrueCalm is sold through specialist health food stores all over the United States and can be bought from various online health stores. As such, the price per bottle varies from store to store and may be subject to offers. Each bottle of TrueCalm contains 90 capsules, which should be enough for one month of treatment at a maximum recommended dosage of 3 capsules per day. The official website currently offers the supplement at an affordable price of $19.99 per bottle.
9) The Bottom Line – “Does it Work?”
Herbal supplements, such as True Calm, can be an excellent option to calm mild anxiety levels and achieve peace of mind in a natural way. True Calm itself is a verified product purchased by a legit manufacturing company that offers a blend of evidence-based ingredients for boosting mental health. The price of the supplement is extremely affordable, and its composition is safe for everyday use, making it a good choice to rely on.