SeroSyn Review – Is it Effective?
We all know about serotonin, the happy hormone that keeps us cheerful and pleased throughout life. It truly keeps us going with a positive outlook on life.
Unfortunately for some people, the levels of this hormone begin to fall as they grow. This not only makes them experience low moods but also messes with their appetite, sleep patterns, and pro-social behavior. For such people, using a natural serotonin booster like SeroSyn can be a good addition to life.
Is it really possible to boost your natural serotonin levels with a natural supplement like SeroSyn? Does this formula cause any side effects? Let’s find out in this review.
1) SeroSyn Quick Facts
SeroSyn has been advertised as a dietary supplement that provides its users with a calm and positive mental state.
The formula contains a combination of essential vitamins that boost serotonin levels to induce a sense of calmness. The advertising company of the supplement has labeled it as vegetarian, gluten-free, and non-GMO, with minimal risk of side effects.
2) The Company Behind SeroSyn
The company manufacturing SeroSyn is based in the U.S. and is called Metagenics. It was established in Aliso Viejo, California, in 1983 and deals in nutritional supplements, lifestyle programs, and medical foods to help people achieve a sound state of health. This company states that they regard quality like no other company and devotes significant resources as well as personnel to test the safety of each ingredient. Each test batch of the formula developed under its label is checked in different critical stages of development as well.
This business first started out in the United States but now has international status and has opened offices in New Zealand, the Netherlands, Australia, Belgium, and Canada. In 2009, Metagenics was acquired by Alticor Inc. as a subsidiary and currently employs over a thousand people worldwide with a revenue of approximately $330 million per year.
3) What Are SeroSyn Ingredients?
SeroSyn by Metagenics includes the following active ingredients:
- Vitamin B6: Known as pyridoxine, this ingredient plays a role in the breakdown of protein, carbohydrates, and fat. It is also essential for mood regulation and improves sleep patterns. Research has found that vitamin B6 is necessary for creating neurotransmitters, such as GABA, dopamine, and serotonin, which also improve mood.
- Folate: Also known as vitamin B9, folate is naturally found in many food items, such as eggs, legumes, and fruits. This vitamin is needed to break down carbohydrates for energy in addition to producing RNA and DNA. Some studies have also found its role in treating depression.
- Vitamin B12: This vitamin plays a role in red blood cell synthesis and DNA. Its deficiency in the body has also been reportedly associated with mood changes.
- Chinese Skullcap: This flower belongs to the mint family that has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for reducing anxiety and stimulating GABA to calm nerves.
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan: 5-HTP works by increasing serotonin synthesis to manage issues like depression, anxiety, and insomnia.
- Asian Ginseng: This traditional Chinese herb has been known to possess invigorating effects for the brain and helps boost cognition.
- L-Theanine: This ingredient is an amino acid that helps ease anxiety and stress in addition to managing insomnia. L-theanine also plays a role in relaxing the mind without triggering drowsiness.
4) Does SeroSyn Work?
While SeroSyn does not have any clinical studies performed on it, some of the ingredients it contains have been backed by scientific research.
For instance, vitamin B6 has long been associated with mood. Several studies confirm that a deficiency of this vitamin leads to depression, and supplementation with a B6 vitamin manages low mood. The only exception where this supplementation does not work is in the treatment of depression in postmenopausal women.
Folate, another ingredient in SeroSyn, has been linked with depression, especially in people diagnosed with epilepsy; folate supplementation has also been found to manage depression and improve the effects of many antidepressant drugs.
Ginseng in SeroSyn also helps in the regulation of mental health and cognition. L-theanine, an amino acid found in the SeroSyn ingredients list, plays an effective role in reducing anxiety and stress in individuals who are going through stressful situations.
In light of the clinical evidence mentioned above, there is a high probability that SeroSyn may hold true to the claims it puts forth regarding mood regulation.
5) SeroSyn: Pros and Cons
Mentioned below is an overview of the advantages and disadvantages of using SeroSyn:
- It supports a positive mood and induces calmness.
- The supplement is vegetarian, gluten-free, and without GMOs
- The ingredients in its composition are all-natural
- Some of its ingredients have been backed by research
- The supplement may be a bit more expensive than other similar products
- The effects can be mild compared to other supplements for mood regulation
- Some ingredients in its composition may cause side effects, like restlessness or sweating
6) SeroSyn Warnings and Precautions
Keep the following precautions in mind before using SeroSyn by Metagenics:
- It is not recommended for individuals under 18 years.
- Do not use if you are using any antidepressants, such as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors or medicines for cold or high blood pressure.
- Consult a doctor before use if you are suffering from any gastrointestinal disorders
- Use caution while operating machinery or driving
- Keep out of children’s reach
7) Where to Buy SeroSyn
The best place to purchase SeroSyn is its company’s official website (Metagenics.com). You can also find it on Amazon.
8) How Much Does SeroSyn Cost?
The price per bottle on the official website has not been revealed and requires a practitioner’s code. On Amazon, the price per bottle is $86.90.
9) Suggested Use
The suggested dose of SeroSyn is one capsule three times per day. The manufacturer suggests using it with meals to enhance the effects and reduce the risk of negative impacts.
10) Our Verdict on SeroSyn
SeroSyn is a vegetarian-friendly dietary product that aims to provide mood-enhancing effects. The ingredients used in this supplement have been well-researched and provide a potent and safe effect. The price seems a bit high for daily use, but the user reviews are positive. Overall, it seems like a good product to use for a long time, provided you can afford it on a long-term basis.
SeroSyn - Frequently Asked Questions
SeroSyn includes the following ingredients: Vitamins B6 and B12, folate, Chinese skullcap, L-5-HTP, Asian ginseng root extract, L-Theanine, capsule (hydroxypropylmethylcellulose), microcrystalline cellulose, silica, and stearic acid.
SeroSyn by Metagenics is a natural blend of vitamins and herbal extracts that act as a mood uplifter by boosting the levels of happy hormones in the brain. According to the manufacturing company, using it daily helps with low mood, depressive thoughts, and anxiety while improving sleep patterns.
Do not use SeroSyn if you are using prescription or over-the-counter medicines for colds, blood pressure, and depression.
The best way to use SeroSyn is by swallowing a whole capsule with a glass of water. The maximum daily dose is three capsules a day with meals.
Unfortunately, Metagenics does not offer a refund policy on any of its products.