Opti-Men Review – Is it Effective?
Opti-Men promises a high-potency dose of 60+ ingredients per serving (3 capsules) via their “Nutrient Optimization System.” This includes one gram of an Amino Men Blend, comprising of amino acids such as L-Arginine, L-Glutamine, and all three BCAAs (L-Valine, L-Isoleucine, and L-Leucine).
Yet with 2,500% of your Vitamin B6 RDA per 3 tablet serving, how do you know if this is a safe dose? Is it even worth considering Optimum Nutrition’s Opti–Men multivitamin?
1) Quick Overview
Opti-Men is a multivitamin dietary supplement created to promote the overall health and wellness of men. According to the manufacturer, this formulation is unique and potent due to the “60+ active ingredients,” including “high potency vitamins and minerals,” and is warranted to improve its users’ health.
The formula consists of an extensive list of ingredients, including several proprietary blends, claimed to work synergistically to improve overall health.
Our research team took a closer look at this product to see if it is a worthy multivitamin. Here’s what our researchers discovered out about this multivitamin supplement.
2) How Did Opti-Men Start?
With over 30 years in the sports nutrition industry, Optimum Nutrition currently produces some of the bestselling sports nutrition supplements in the world. Optimum Nutrition products are designed to improve your health and wellness, strength and recovery, and increase protein intake.
Some of their best-selling dietary supplements include Gold Standard 100% Whey, Essential Amin.O. Energy, Opti-Men, Serious Mass, and Gold Standard 100% Plant.
How to contact Optimum Nutrition company:
- Phone: 1-800-705-5226 (9:00 am – 5:00 pm Central Standard Time, Monday thru Friday)
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: optimumnutrition.com
3) Details on Opti-Men Ingredients and Uses
Opti-Men multivitamin supplement includes the following active ingredients:
- Vitamin K (as Phytonadione) 75 mcg
- Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate) 200 IU
- Riboflavin 75 mg
- Thiamin (as Thiamin Hydrochloride) 75 mg
- Biotin 300 mcg
- Niacin (as Niacinamide) 75 mg
- Folic Acid 600 mcg
- Calcium (as dicalcium phosphate dihydrate) 50 mg
- Pantothenic Acid (as D-Calcium Pantothenate) 75 mg
- Zinc (as Zinc oxide) 15 mg
- Iodine (as Potassium iodide) 150 mcg
- Magnesium (as Magnesium oxide, asperate) 80 mg
- Manganese (as Manganese Sulphate) 2 mg
- Copper (as Copper sulfate) 2 mg
- Molybdenum (as Molybdenum A.A chelate) 80 mcg
- Chromium (as Chromium GTF) 120 mcg
- Alpha Lipoic Acid 25 mg
- Amino Men Blend (L-Arginine, L-Glutamine, L-Valine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Cystine, L-Lysine HCI, L-Threonine) 1 g
- Phyto Men Blend [Green Tea Powder, Hesperidin Complex, Fruit Blend (Grape Extract, Apple Powder, Blueberry Powder, Papaya Powder, Black Currant Powder, Orange Powder)] 100 mg
- Enzyme Blend (Papain, Bromelain, Alpha-Amylase, Lipase) 50 mg
- Viri Men Blend (Saw Palmetto Extract, Damiana Extract, Panax Ginseng Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Powdered Extract, Pumpkin Extract, Raw Oyster Concentrate) 50 mg
Other ingredients include microcrystalline cellulose, stearic acid, croscarmellose sodium, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, silica, magnesium stearate, sunflower oil, and glycerine.
If you prefer a simpler multivitamin for men, give our
Multi For Him Review a read and see if it suits your needs.
4) Does Opti-Men Work?
Opti-Men proposes a wide selection of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and herbal extracts. These substances are used by our bodies to help in critical functions in one way or another.
For instance, B-vitamins (Riboflavin, Thiamin, Vitamin B12, Niacin, Biotin, Folic Acid, and Pantothenic Acid) help improve energy production and regulate our metabolism. Other vitamins like Vitamin D and Vitamin C strengthen our immune system.
Opti-Men’s formula includes Vitamin E as d-alpha-tocopheryl succinate. Vitamin E is essential to the normal functioning of the human body. It plays a central role in your immune system and functions as an antioxidant, neutralizing free radicals that damage cells at the genetic level.
The importance of Vitamin E is also noted through the many clinical studies and researches available. Many experts see Vitamin E supplementation as absolutely necessary, especially as the two Vitamin E forms we are less likely to obtain from diet alone (tocotrienols and mixed tocopherols).
Opti-Men contains 80 mg of Magnesium, one of seven essential macrominerals. These macrominerals are minerals that people need to consume in relatively large amounts – at least 100 milligrams (mg) per day.
Magnesium is one of the most prevalent mineral deficiencies in the United States. This is concerning considering that Magnesium is linked with over 300 different biochemical pathways in our body.
Magnesium has been shown to support bone health, cardiovascular health, anxiety, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), and may help prevent or relieve headaches.
It is also worth mentioning that minerals exist in several forms. Without going into too much detail, standard forms of minerals include oxides, chelates, salts, and pure elements. There are several differences between these forms, but the most significant difference is in the absorption rate.
5) Opti-Men Health Benefits
According to Optimum Nutrition, Opti-Men multivitamins can provide a wide array of benefits when taken as recommended. Some of these benefits include:
- It contains reasonable amounts of Vitamin E and Vitamin C, both of which are good sources of antioxidants and may improve endurance during workouts.
- The formula incorporates four different types of digestive enzymes, which adds the benefit of a sound digestive system and allows the user to see a faster and better absorption of nutrients.
- Opti-Men’s unique blend of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids may improve muscle production, boost energy levels, and help maintain and repair the muscles.
- Opti-Men contains BCAAs, regularly used for muscle growth and quicker recovery. The BCAAs present in the formula for Opti-Men supplement is important for both post-training and working out.
6) Potential Opti-Men Effects
Although Opti-Men supplements are hardly known for adverse effects, some individuals may still experience mild adverse effects, including:
- Gastrointestinal discomfort
- Blurred vision
7) What You Need to Know Before Taking Opti-Men
As with most dietary supplements, there are some things you need to keep in mind before using Opti-Men:
- Do not take Opti-Men if under 18.
- Opti-Men is not intended to replace a healthy and balanced diet.
- Opti-Men supplements should be taken only after disclosing your medical history to a health professional.
- The product may work better when taken alongside a diet with low-saturated fat.
- This dietary supplement is designed to be used by men, therefore it is not recommended to be consumed by women.
- Discontinue if you experience any adverse effects.
- It may contain allergens. Check the ingredients on the label of the product for allergens.
8) Who Sells Opti-Men?
Opti-Men dietary supplement is widely available online. You can purchase it directly from the official Optimum Nutrition website or from various online stores such as Amazon, Walmart, eBay, BodyBuilding, GNC, Swanson, or SameDay Supplements.
9) Opti-Men Price
Opti-Men’s price varies based on the serving size as follows:
- 90 tablets (30 servings) – $19.98
- 150 tablets (50 servings) – $23.99
- 240 tablets (80 servings) – $36.99
The best value for money comes from the bottle of 250 tablets. Each serving was priced at $0.46, compared to $0.48 per serving with the bottle of 150 tablets.
If you’re looking to save money on your monthly supplement order, you may want to consider the Amazon Subscribe & Save program. Subscribe & Save enables you to unlock savings of up to 15% on a wide range of dietary supplements, including Opti-Men.
10) How to Use Opti-Men
The recommended Opti-Men dose is 3 (three) tablets daily, with food. Take one tablet at breakfast, one at lunch, and another one at dinner.
If you prefer to chew your multivitamins like gummies, you might be interested in checking out Vitafusion Multivites.
11) Variations of Opti-Men
Opti-Men is a multivitamin available only in capsule form. There are no flavors available. You can, however, choose from the following serving sizes:
- 90 tablets
- 150 tablets
- 240 tablets
The 240-tablets bottle will, of course, provide the best overall value for money. Still, the smaller bottles give you the chance to try out the supplement for a couple of months before committing to a larger order.
12) What Users Are Saying
"Some bodybuilders take these, but they are suitable for general use. I like how many vitamins and minerals and the high levels in these vitamins." [Read full review]
"I love Opti men. They are a reasonable price, but to stretch them a little further, I usually take 2 daily instead of the recommended 3. I can really tell when I miss a couple of days, I start to drag a little, especially in the mornings." [Read full review]
"I got mine a few weeks now and it's just incredible. I feel endless energy like I can run a marathon. I love it. The tablets are a bit big but besides that, it's easy to swallow with water and the flavor is excellent. " [Read full review]
13) The Bottom Line – “Does it Work?”
Whether you seek a healthier body or a workout buff, Opti-Men may be the right choice. The supplement not only helps reduce body fat but also improves your body’s physical strength and capabilities.
So, is Opti-Men worth considering? We like that Optimum Nutrition has been in business for decades, and most of their products are highly praised by the customers. Opti-Men makes no exception, and it’s one of the best-selling weight loss/performance-enhancing supplements on Amazon.
Although the Opti-Men multivitamin supplement may be a great supplement, keep in mind that it is commonly used as an add-on product, allowing users to enhance their bodies’ capabilities.
Common Opti-Men Questions and Answers
Opti-Men multivitamin supplement contains the following active ingredients: Amino Men Blend (L-Arginine, L-Glutamine, L-Valine, L-Leucine, L-Isoleucine, L-Cystine, L-Lysine HCI, L-Threonine), Phyto Men Blend [Green Tea Powder, Hesperidin Complex Fruit Blend (Grape Extract, Apple Powder, Blueberry Powder, Papaya Powder, Black Currant Powder, Orange Powder)], Enzyme Blend (Papain, Bromelain, Alpha-Amylase, Lipase), Viri Men Blend (Saw Palmetto Extract, Damiana Extract, Panax Ginseng Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Powdered Extract, Pumpkin Extract, Raw Oyster Concentrate), Vitamin K (as Phytonadione), Vitamin E (as D-Alpha Tocopheryl Succinate), Riboflavin, Thiamin (as Thiamin Hydrochloride), Biotin, Niacin (as Niacinamide), Folic Acid, Calcium (as dicalcium phosphate dihydrate), Pantothenic Acid (as D-Calcium Pantothenate), Zinc (as Zinc oxide), Iodine (as Potassium iodide), Magnesium (as Magnesium oxide, asperate), Manganese (as Manganese Sulphate), Copper (as Copper sulfate), Molybdenum (as Molybdenum A.A chelate), Chromium (as Chromium GTF), and Alpha Lipoic Acid 25.
Opti-Men is a multivitamin dietary supplement created to promote the overall health and wellness of men.
Opti-Men's adverse effects may include dizziness, insomnia, gastrointestinal discomfort, nausea, constipation, headaches, and blurred vision.
You can purchase it directly from the official Optimum Nutrition website or from various online stores such as Amazon, Walmart, eBay, BodyBuilding, GNC, Swanson, or SameDay Supplements.
Opti-Men's price varies based on the serving size: a 90 tablets bottle costs $19.98, a 150 tablets bottle costs $23.99, and a 240 tablets bottle costs $36.99.
Opti-Men is a dietary supplement designed to promote weight management and enhance physical performance before and after workouts. It's not intended to be a cognitive support product.
While the formula contains various minerals, vitamins, and amino acids, it is unlikely that Opti-Men will provide any meaningful benefits as a brain supplement.
As with all dietary supplements, consult with a medical doctor if under treatment with prescription medication or have a known medical condition.
You can take Opti-Men alongside other dietary supplements. However, we recommend consulting with a medical doctor first since the formula contains 75+ different ingredients, including a wide range of vitamins. Taking vitamins above the maximum recommended daily amount could lead to potentially dangerous adverse effects.
Opti-Men is not intended for children or teenagers under 18.
Opti-Men doesn't contain any potentially dangerous ingredients.
Opti-Men may a good choice for those looking to reduce body fat and improve their bodies' physical strength and capabilities.
Opti-Men is a dietary supplement for men, and it's not recommended for women.
As a dietary supplement for men, take three (3) tablets daily with food.
Optimum Nutrition customer service department can be contacted by visiting their website and emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1-800-705-5226.
You can return any unused product within 30 days of your purchase. For returns, contact Optimum Nutrition customer support department.
The most common complaints concerning Opti-Men are the adverse side effects and the fact that, recently, many customers received damaged products.
Opti-Men's reviews are generally positive. On Amazon, for instance, out of the 8,600 customer reviews, Opti-Men averages a 4.6 rating, with 90% of the users rating the product with 4 stars or higher.
Opti-Men is made by Optimum Nutrition.
- Optimum Nutrition official website. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- Jillian Kubala - B-Complex Vitamins: Benefits, Side Effects, and Dosage. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- Health Benefits of B Complex - webmd.com. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- Alan Carter - Benefits and uses of B-complex vitamins. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- B Vitamins - Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- Anitra C. Carr and Silvia Maggini - Vitamin C and Immune Function. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- Vitamin E - National Institute of Health. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- Chandan K. Sen, Savita Khanna, and Sashwati Roy - Tocotrienols: Vitamin E Beyond Tocopherols. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- Maria Laura Colombo - An Update on Vitamin E, Tocopherol, and Tocotrienol-Perspectives. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- Sara Karlovitch - Study: Half of All Americans are Magnesium Deficient. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- James J. DiNicolantonio, James H. O'Keefe, and William Wilson - Subclinical magnesium deficiency: a principal driver of cardiovascular disease and a public health crisis. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- Franziska Spritzler - 10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Magnesium. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- Gerry K. Schwalfenberg and Stephen J. Genuis - The Importance of Magnesium in Clinical Healthcare. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- Jesse P.Goff - Invited review: Mineral absorption mechanisms, mineral interactions that affect the acid-base and antioxidant status, and diet considerations to improve mineral status. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- Oxide Minerals - sciencedirect.com. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- Vitamin C and E supplements may hamper endurance training, study suggests - sciencedaily.com. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.
- Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) - webmd.com. Retrieved on November 30, 2020.