Mind-Max Review – Is it Effective?
Mind-Max is a herbal dietary supplement for memory, clarity, energy, and focus.
The company behind Mind Max is Nature’s Sunshine produces, a well-known American brand specializing in researching, producing, and selling all-natural, herb-based supplements.
According to Nature’s Sunshine, Mind-Max is formulated to improve concentration, attention, focus, and memory, while also supporting a healthy brain, better cognitive function, and blood and oxygen circulation to the brain.
The question is, is Mind-Max’s brain-boosting formula worth trying? Read our Mind-Max review to find out.
1) Mind-Max at a Glance
- Magnesium-based memory formula
- Mild stimulation via Gotu-Kola
- 6 Capsules a day recommended serving
2) The Company Behind Mind-Max
Nature’s Sunshine is a well-known American brand that operates as a multi-level marketer (MLM) of dietary supplements.
Their products include multivitamins, minerals, herbal blends, and several personal care products. The business was founded in 1972 by Gene and Kristine Hughes.
Some of its best-selling supplements include Nutri-Calm, HistaBlock, Chlorophyll Liquid ES, AnxiousLess, Stress-J, and Mind-Max.
How to contact Nature’s Sunshine:
- Website: naturessunshine.com
- Address: 2901 W Blue Grass Blvd., Lehi, UT 84043
- Phone: 1 (800) 223-8225 Monday-Friday: 6:00 AM to 6:30 PM MST
3) Mind-Max Ingredients
Mind-Max includes the following active ingredients:
- Magnesium 70 mg
- Mind-Max Proprietary Blend
[Gotu Kola aerial parts (Centella Asiatica), Magnesium L-Threonate (Magtein), Bacopa Monnieri (leaf) extract, and Ginkgo Biloba (leaf) extract] 1,100 mg
Other inactive ingredients include: water, gelatin, magnesium stearate (vegetable source), and cellulose (plant).
Magnesium is involved in over 600 reactions in your body, including :
- Protein formation
- Energy creation
- Muscle movements
- Gene maintenance
- Nervous system regulation
Even though people can easily get magnesium from many whole foods like seeds, legumes, green leafy vegetables, and nuts, studies suggest that about 50% of people in the United States and Europe get less than the recommended daily amount of magnesium.
Research suggests that low Magnesium levels may be associated with certain conditions, such as heart disease, mood disorders, migraines, and type 2 diabetes .
Ginkgo Biloba health benefits are thought to come from its high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
Furthermore, some evidence suggests that taking Ginkgo Biloba before a stressful or demanding task may reduce stress-related high blood pressure and decrease cortisol levels.
Bacopa Monnieri is promoted as a potential treatment for anxiety, memory disorders, attention, focus, stress, epilepsy, and thyroid conditions.
Bacopa contains bacosides, which may inhibit inflammation in the brain and support brain chemicals’ communication associated with learning, cognition, and memory.
- In a 3-month study, 46 healthy adults received daily doses of 300 mg of Bacopa Monnieri.
At the end of the study, all 46 reported notable improvements in the learning rate, memory, and speed of processing visual information, compared with another group that received a placebo.
- In another clinical study, 60 college students received a similar 300 mg dose of Bacopa Monnieri over six months.
At the end of the study, scientists observed marginal improvements in critical thinking, cognitive function, and information processing.
If you want a more focused, but also cost-effective magnesium threonate formula, give our Magtein review a read.
4) Mind-Max Health Benefits
Mind-Max claimed benefits include:
- Supports proper brain function
- Promotes concentration
- Supports memory
- All-natural formulation
5) Mind-Max Side Effects
Given the ingredients available in Mind-Max, some individuals may experience mild to moderate adverse effects, typically due to their bodies adjusting to the supplement.
- Loss of appetite
- Muscle tension
- High blood pressure
It is also worth noting that Mind-Max contains herbal ingredients (Bacopa Monnieri, Ginkgo Biloba, and Gotu Kola).
Research suggests that herbal extracts are more likely to cause adverse effects and negative interactions with specific prescriptions when continuously taken for more than 30 days.
Therefore, we recommend cycling the supplement regularly, taking one week off every three weeks as a minimum. Longer breaks are advised after repeated cycles.
6) Mind-Max Product Warnings
Pregnant women shouldn’t take Bacopa since there are no studies about safe use in pregnancy.
Mind-Max also contains Ginkgo Biloba extract, which may interact with medication, including:
- Medications that slow blood clotting
- Medications for diabetes
- Medications used to prevent seizures
7) Where to Buy Mind-Max
You can purchase Mind-Max online from the official Nature’s Sunshine store or several online retailers such as eBay, Walmart, and Amazon.
8) How Much Does Mind-Max Cost?
One bottle of Mind-Max (90 capsules) costs:
- $50.00 (regular price)
- $40.00 (premium member)
- $37.50 (subscription)
Ordering directly from Nature’s Sunshine store via their autoship program will make you eligible for free shipping and up to 25% off.
9) How to Take Mind-Max
Mind-Max recommended dose is six capsules daily – three capsules in the morning before breakfast and another three in the evening before bed.
As always, we strongly recommend reading and understanding the label before taking any dietary supplements or medications.
10) What Users Are Saying
"I'm a mom of three, work full time in a mentally taxing career, and I am in my last year as a Ph.D. student. Before taking Mind-Max, I had an issue with recall people, places, etc. I thought I was going through early Alzheimer's. It's been over a month, and I can tell the difference. It wasn't an immediate switch; however, I, as well as my classmates, have begun to notice the difference." [Read full review]
"This supplement did work for me; mostly since it has Bacopa leaf extract in it, it gave me a brain boost while I was taking it." [Read full review]
"I began taking the prescribed dose on the bottle, and after 3 or 4 days, I experienced a "clearness" in my memory. It also helped in my remembering words in my daily speech that had eluded me." [Read full review]
11) Final Thoughts on Mind-Max
Mind-Max is a pretty good supplement for focus, attention, memory, and overall cognitive function available.
While the price is indeed far on the premium side, the formula offers a good amount of each of the four critical ingredients per serving, which is more we can say about most cheaper alternatives out there.
Still, because it contains herbal extracts, we recommend cycling the supplement regularly, taking one week off every three weeks as a minimum.
Mind-Max Questions & Answers
Mind-Max includes the following active ingredients:
Mind-Max Proprietary Blend [Gotu Kola aerial parts (Centella Asiatica), Magnesium L-Threonate (Magtein), Bacopa Monnieri (leaf) extract, and Ginkgo Biloba (leaf) extract] and magnesium.
Mind-Max is advertised as an herbal dietary supplement for memory, clarity, energy, and focus.
Mind-Max side effects may include loss of appetite, dizziness, high blood pressure, nausea, dry mouth, bloating, headaches, sweating, irritability, weakness, fatigue, drowsiness, muscle tension, and stomach cramps.
Mind-Max can be purchased from the official Nature's Sunshine store or various online retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, or eBay.
One bottle of Nature's Sunshine Mind-Max (90 capsules) costs $50.00 (regular price), $40.00 (premium member), $37.50 (subscription).
Mind-Max is designed to improve concentration, attention, focus, memory, while also supporting a healthy brain, better cognitive function, and blood and oxygen circulation to the brain.
We advise consulting a healthcare provider before taking any dietary supplements if you have a known medical condition or are under treatment with prescription medication.
Nature's Sunshine Mind-Max is not intended for children or teenagers under 18.
Nature's Sunshine's formula is all-natural, and it doesn't contain any potentially dangerous, toxic, or banned ingredients.
Mind-Max brain supplement is intended for people seeking a natural supplement for mood, focus, stress, attention, and memory.
Mind-Max recommended dose is six capsules daily - three capsules in the morning before breakfast and another three in the evening before bed.
You can contact Nature's Sunshine's customer support department by phone at 1 (800) 223-8225 or using the contact form on the company's website.
If you are not completely satisfied, you may return the unused portion of a product for a full refund. Call Nature's Sunshine's customer support to set up your return shipment to return such or any damaged products.
Most buyers are happy with the Mind-Max brain supplement. Still, some users complained about the supplement being too expensive for what it offers.
Mind-Max is made by Nature's Sunshine.
- Nature's Sunshine's official website. Retrieved on July 8, 2021.
- Gerry K. Schwalfenberg and Stephen J. Genuis - The Importance of Magnesium in Clinical Healthcare. Retrieved on July 8, 2021.
- Uwe Gröber, Joachim Schmidt, and Klaus Kisters - Magnesium in Prevention and Therapy. Retrieved on July 8, 2021.
- Lei Guo, Zhen Ren, Nan Mei, Daisuke Kobayashi, Xiaoqing Guo, and Keiji Wada - Review of Ginkgo biloba-induced toxicity, from experimental studies to human case reports. Retrieved on July 8, 2021.
- W. D. Crews Jr. and J. A. Mix - An examination of the efficacy of Ginkgo biloba extract EGb761 on the neuropsychologic functioning of cognitively intact older adults. Retrieved on July 8, 2021.
- R. Kaschel - Specific memory effects of Ginkgo biloba extract EGb 761 in healthy middle-aged volunteers. Retrieved on July 8, 2021.
- R. Duncko, D. Jezova, M. Lassanova, F. Moncek, and M. Kriska - Reduction of rise in blood pressure and cortisol release during stress by Ginkgo biloba extract (EGb 761) in healthy volunteers. Retrieved on July 8, 2021.
- A. Russo and F. Borrelli - Bacopa monniera, a reputed nootropic plant: an overview. Retrieved on July 8, 2021.
- Tamara Simpson, Matthew Pase, and Con Stough - Bacopa monnieri as an Antioxidant Therapy to Reduce Oxidative Stress in the Aging Brain. Retrieved on July 8, 2021.
- J. Lloyd, C. Stough, J. Clarke, P. J. Nathan, L. A. Downey, T. Rodgers, and C. W. Hutchison - The chronic effects of an extract of Bacopa monniera (Brahmi) on cognitive function in healthy human subjects. Retrieved on July 8, 2021.
- L. G. Abichandani, G. Venkat Ramana, Navneet Kumar, K. J. Gharpure, Vijay Thawani, and M. U. R. Naidu - Efficacy of Standardized Extract of Bacopa monnieri (Bacognize®) on Cognitive Functions of Medical Students: A Six-Week, Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial. Retrieved on July 8, 2021.
- Bacopa - webmd.com. Retrieved on July 8, 2021.
- Ginkgo Biloba - rxlist.com. Retrieved on July 8, 2021.
- Gotu Kola - rxlist.com. Retrieved on July 8, 2021.
- Magnesium - National Institutes of Health (NIH). Retrieved on July 8, 2021.
- Ginkgo Biloba - webmd.com. Retrieved on July 8, 2021.