Stress is among the most prevalent and damaging health conditions in the United States. According to statistics, more than 37 percent of Americans experience ongoing, chronic stress that, in time, may lead to a wide range of unwanted health issues. Fortunately, we now have plenty of modalities to control it before it takes charge of the life. One such solution to a stress-free life is Goodbye Stress by OLLY.
OLLY Goodbye Stress is a natural supplement blended with essential ingredients that help counter the acute effects of mental tension and stress. According to the manufacturer, this fast-working formula works within 30-60 minutes to promote a relaxed state of mind to help fight the acute effects of stress. But how true are these claims, and is the supplement really worth it? Let’s find out in this OLLY Goodbye Stress review below.
1) What is Goodbye Stress?
OLLY Goodbye Stress is an all-natural stress relief supplement based on three core ingredients: GABA, L-Theanine, and lemon balm extract. The product is available in a gummy soothing form, making it highly bioavailable, effective, and easy to use.
OLLY Goodbye Stress is free of synthetic flavors, artificial additives, and preservatives, which is a huge plus, especially for a gummy supplement. It is also easy to use and can be consumed anywhere at any time without requiring any preparations.
2) History of Goodbye Stress
Goodbye Stress is exclusively made by a company called OLLY Nutrition. This natural health supplement company focuses on providing health-conscious consumers with an extensive line of effective, safe, proven, and transparent natural dietary supplements to treat a wide range of health conditions.
Some of OLLY’s most popular supplements include OLLY Sleep, OLLY Goodbye Stress, OLLY Kids Multi + Probiotics, OLLY Kids Immunity, OLLY Women’s Multi, and OLLY Prenatal. As claimed by the company, all of its products possess NSF certification, which indicates that they have been independently tested and certified to meet strict standards for safety, quality, and label claims.
3) What Are Goodbye Stress Ingredients?
OLLY Goodbye Stress contains the following active ingredients:
- GABA 100 mg: The first core ingredient is Gamma-aminobutyric acid (also known as GABA), a neurotransmitter, or chemical messenger, in the brain. GABA blocks specific signals in the central nervous system and slows down brain activity. This provides a calming and protective effect on the brain and body. Therefore, GABA is a common ingredient in many stress-relieving dietary supplements. It can also relieve anxiety, improve sleep, and protect the brain from damage. The brain naturally releases GABA at the end of a day to promote sleepiness and allow a person to rest and supplementing it from an additional source can promote relaxation.
- Lemon Balm extract (aerial parts) 75 mg: The second ingredient in the OLLY Goodbye Stress formula is lemon balm. Scientifically known as Melissa officinalis, lemon balm is an herb belonging to the mint family. It is often used for culinary purposes to make marinated chicken or fish, teas, or flavor-baked jams and foods. Lemon balm is also believed to treat a range of medical disorders affecting the nervous system, digestive tract, and liver. Often said to ease anxiety and stress, lemon balm contains a compound known as rosmarinic acid that may have potent antioxidant and antimicrobial properties.
- L-Theanine 50 mg: The Goodbye Stress formula’s final active ingredient is L-Theanine, a naturally occurring amino acid that works synergistically with GABA to cut down stress and induce relaxation. L-Theanine may affect the levels of certain chemicals in the brain, like dopamine and serotonin, which influence sleep, mood, emotion, and cortisol levels, helping the body deal with stress. Typically, L-Theanine is added to dietary supplements to support better mental focus, improve sleep, reduce stress, increase cognitive performance, promote weight loss, boost the immune system, and reduce blood pressure. While there is some evidence that L-Theanine could benefit people’s mental and physical health, more studies are necessary before doctors can be sure of this compound’s actual effects..
Other inactive ingredients include glucose syrup, beet sugar, water, gelatin, citric acid, natural flavors, color (from sweet potato, radish, apple, tomato, and pepper), pectin (from fruit), vegetable oil, and carnauba wax (to prevent sticking).
4) Does Goodbye Stress Work?
Longstanding stress is extremely dangerous and can easily lead to serious detrimental effects on overall health. Some of the most notable health conditions commonly associated with chronic stress include depression, anxiety disorders, migraines and headaches, pain and aches in the body and joints, irritability, anger, and chronic, ongoing fatigue.  If left unchecked, stress can contribute to a wide range of physical diseases, like diabetes, obesity, metabolic syndrome, gastrointestinal disorders, neurodegenerative diseases, etc. 
When stressed, most people tend to favor pharmaceutical solutions. Some of the most common prescriptions used to treat stress are antidepressants called SSRIs (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors). These prescriptions are typically associated with a wide range of side effects, such as diarrhea, dizziness, insomnia, nausea, and sexual disorders. 
OLLY Goodbye Stress is advertised as an all-natural, safe, and effective formula that contains just three ingredients. Nevertheless, all of them have been proven in multiple scientific investigations and clinical trials to deliver effective and immediate relief from stress and stress symptoms.
5) Potential Side Effects from Goodbye Stress Ingredients
Goodbye Stress by OLLY has been advertised as a safe formula with only three key ingredients sourced naturally. Moreover, all components have been clearly listed on the label, and no information has been kept from customers to ensure full transparency. The formula is natural and less likely to cause any side effects.
In some users, one of its ingredients, called lemon balm, may lead to a few mild side effects, such as:
- Skin rashes
- Heart palpitations
- Gastrointestinal discomfort
However, remember that not everyone who uses Goodbye Stress will likely experience the side effects mentioned above. Moreover, most of them are self-limiting and will go away on their own in a few days.
6) Goodbye Stress Product Warnings
Lemon balm may cause sedation, especially if combined with over-the-counter sleep aids, alcohol, or prescription sedatives like Ativan (Lorazepam), Klonopin (Clonazepam), Ambien (Zolpidem), and Donnatol (Phenobarbital). Avoid using the supplement with other prescription medicines, including:
- Blood thinners like Plavix (Clopidogrel) or Coumadin (Warfarin);
- Thyroid medications like Synthroid (Levothyroxine);
- Chemotherapy drugs like Camptosar (Irinotecan) and Tamoxifen;
- Glaucoma medications like Travatan (Travoprost).
7) Where to Purchase Goodbye Stress Online
Goodbye Stress is widely available online and offline through local stores and supermarkets. The best place to purchase it online is through its manufacturing company’s official website (olly.com). Alternatively, try ordering from third-party retailers like Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Target, Walgreens, or GNC.
8) Goodbye Stress Price
The price for OLLY Goodbye Stress varies depending on the size of the supplement you wish to purchase. A breakdown of its most recent prices has been given below:
- A pack of Goodbye Stress supplement with 21 servings costs $13.99
- A pack of Goodbye Stress supplement with 30 servings costs $17.99
- A pack of Goodbye Stress supplement with 60 servings costs $34.99
On its own, Goodbye Stress seems like an extremely affordable supplement. The company further offers a 15% discount upon subscribing to its monthly auto-shipping feature, reducing the per-pack cost.
9) Suggested Use
As a dietary supplement, there are no hard and fast rules regarding the consumption of Goodbye Stress. The manufacturing company recommends taking two gummies daily as needed. No food or water is necessary as gummies are easy to chew and swallow on their own. It is better not to exceed the daily limit of two gummies to avoid any unwanted side effects.
10) What Users Are Saying
"This product really took my stress and anxiety away! I have terrible anxiety, and I really did not want to go to the doctor to get a prescription to help it, but this product will do just fine! I'm so glad that I found this product!" [Read full review]
"I got these for my 14-year-old daughter that suffers from severe anxiety. Her doctor put her on Zoloft, she had the worst experience ever, so I researched natural gummies for her. I found these, so I bought them along with the night time gummies, and she has been taking two a day for three days now, and my daughter has been her old self again, she hated going out anywhere, and she went out all weekend, she said she feels great, and no more bad thoughts, or panic attacks so far." [Read full review]
"It works for some but not all. I've taken GABA supplements for a while (recently started with this brand) and find that they make me sleepy but relaxed. I will usually take 2 (as recommended) in the evening or an hour before bed. Sometimes the next morning, I wake up groggy but otherwise, I feel calm, less short-tempered, and overall "okay" throughout the day instead of worrying." [Read full review]
11) Our Bottom Line
When the body is stressed, brain waves fall out of balance and disrupt the brain’s neurochemical balance leading to poor health. The Goodbye Stress formula from OLLY Nutrition is advertised as one of the most potent and effective natural stress relief formulas that can help alleviate these circumstances and restore good health.
Instead of relying on potentially dangerous lab-made ingredients to deal with stress, the supplement uses all-natural ingredients that work in harmony with the body to promote the release of calming hormones and increase neurotransmitter levels that relax and soothe the body and mind. Price-wise, it seems like a good option as the product is quite cheap and available at additional discounts.
Overall, Goodbye Stress can be a good, affordable, and safe addition to the daily routine for stress management.