Alpha Brain Review – Is it Effective?
Alpha Brain is advertised as one of the most popular nootropics that improve mental clarity, focus level, and specific cognitive functions for peak mental performance. Manufactured by ONNIT, it is said to be a medically proven and clinically studied product for better cognition. It has been widely endorsed by famous celebrities and athletes, such as Joe Rogan. The makers of this supplement claim to have sold a million bottles to date.
This Alpha Brain review aims to explore this highly popular product in detail and analyze if it is really worth all the hype.
1) Alpha Brain at a Glance
Alpha Brain is a dietary supplement created by ONNIT with an aim to support the cognitive health of its users. It works by promoting the production of neurotransmitters and the transmission of alpha waves inside the body. Contrary to most nootropics currently available in the market, it is claimed to have strong evidence supporting its effectiveness.
Available in the form of pills and powder, Alpha Brain has been widely appreciated by celebrities. It is said to help users stay in the zone for longer and helps with the flow state to increase productivity and concentration. The product is free from dairy, gluten, and caffeine and is said to be keto-friendly.
2) The Company Behind Alpha Brain
Alpha Brain is a product of an American company called ONNIT. Founded in 2010 by Aubrey Marcus, it is located in Austin, Texas, and has over 250 employees. On its official website, ONNIT has been described as a lifestyle brand that uses a holistic philosophy called Total Human Optimization to produce products.
Since its founding, ONNIT has become an Inc. 500 company and an industry leader with over 250 products, ranging from apparel and fitness equipment to peak performance supplements and foods.
Some of their most popular supplements include Alpha Brain (the company’s flagship product), Total Gut Health, New Mood, Total Strength + Performance, Active B Complete, Key Minerals, Virutech Antioxidant Support, Stron Bone, Onnit Labs New Mood, and Shroom Tech.
3) Ingredients of Alpha Brain
According to the official website, Alpha Brain includes three types of proprietary blends, each with its own ingredients. Let’s take a look at them below:
ONNIT Flow Blend
This is used to improve alpha-brain production and includes the following:
- L-tyrosine: An amino acid that boosts the production of neurotransmitters and improves the communication between nerve cells
- L-theanine: An amino acid that curbs anxiety
- Oat Straw Extract: A natural herb that improves concentration and attention
- Phosphatidylserine: A phospholipid that increases cognition, particularly before exercise
- Cat’s Claw: A natural chemical that improves cellular integrity
ONNIT Focus Blend
This blend aims to support focus by improving acetylcholine synthesis. It includes
- Alpha-GPC: It supports the functioning of acetylcholine to enhance cognition and support mental performance
- Bacopa Extract: A traditional Ayurvedic herb for improvement in cognition and memory
- Toothed Clubmoss: It prevents the breakdown of acetylcholine to improve focus and cognition
ONNIT Fuel Blend
This blend includes ingredients to improve communication within nerves and maintain a healthy brain environment. It includes:
- L-Leucine: An amino acid that enables the body to repair muscles and synthesize more protein
- Pterostilbene: It possesses antioxidant properties that protect the brain from free radical damage
- Vitamin B6: It helps with brain development and neurotransmitter synthesis
4) Alpha Brain Claims
According to the makers of Alpha Brain, this supplement can get you in the zone on a daily basis and provide the following benefits:
- Maintain a healthy brain by protecting it from age-related damage due to the ONNIT Fuel Blend
- Enhanced focus and ease of completing day-to-day tasks due to ONNIT Focus Blend
- Quicker reaction times, enhanced cognition and recall, and an ability to think better under stress due to ONNIT Flow Blend
To experience the full spectrum of effects, it may take several weeks of consistent use.
5) Potential Alpha Brain Effects
Alpha Brain is generally advertised as a safe product due to its natural, chemical-free composition. However, it is always good to consult a doctor before you begin a new dietary supplement.
In rare cases, a few mild side effects may occur with the use of Alpha Brain, including headaches, nausea, gastrointestinal distress, and insomnia.
6) Alpha Brain Warnings and Precautions
Alpha Brain must not be used if:
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding
- You are planning to conceive in the near future
- The seal of the products you receive is broken
- You are below the age of 18 years
- You suffer from any medical conditions and are taking medication for it
7) Where to Buy Alpha Brain
Alpha Brain is easily available through the company’s official website (onnit.com). Furthermore, you can also find it on Amazon and iHerb.
8) How Much Does Alpha Brain Cost?
The price per bottle for each Alpha Brain Variant, as mentioned on its official website, is as follows:
- One bottle of Alpha Brain Original with 30 capsules is for $34.95
- One pack of Alpha Brain Focus Shot with six servings is for $23.99
- One bottle of Alpha Brain Black Label with 80 capsules is for $124.95
- One pack of Alpha Brain Instant with 30 servings is for $59.95
Further discounts can be availed by ordering in bulk or subscribing to the company’s website.
9) Suggested Use
Depending on the type of variant, there are two ways to consume Alpha Brain:
- Take two capsules of Alpha Brain (original) and Alpha Brain Black Label every day with a light meal
- Mix one pack of Alpha Brain Instant in 8 oz of cold water with a maximum dose of 2 packs a day
- Take one bottle of Alpha Brain Focus Shot orally within 24 hours
10) Variations of Alpha Brain
The following four variants of Alpha Brain are currently available:
- Alpha Brain Instant: A powdered supplement for better cognition and memory
- Alpha Brain Black Label: A premium formula for extreme productivity and laser-sharp focus
- Alpha Brain Focus Shot: A liquid variant to support energy, focus, and mood
11) What Users Are Saying
"This product is amazing. After taking two, my thoughts become clearer, and my actions seem to have more intent. I've noticed this astounding clarity. If you are a cerebral person, this product is for you. As stated in the headline, this helps my ADHD." [Read full review]
"The first dose I took made me a little queasy, and I took it with food as directed. I have been taking it for a couple of weeks now, and I no longer experience the queasiness. I feel like I do have a little more focus when I take Alpha Brain, but I'm not sure if it's as awesome as some users seem to report." [Read full review]
"I could tell the product was working in that my concentration and attention to detail improved, though not dramatically. The con, and it is a big one, is that I developed really bad anxiety attacks a few weeks after starting on this product. After stopping the dosage, they dropped off immediately within thirty-six hours." [Read full review]
12) Our Bottom Line
Alpha Brain is a nootropic supplement for an enhanced mind and brain. It has been extremely popular with its users and highly endorsed by many celebrities. The company manufacturing it is reputable, and it claims to have created this formula through rigorous research and third-party testing. Daily use of this product is expected to provide users with laser-sharp focus, clarity, and cognition.
Overall, the product seems legit and is worth a try, with the only downside of a higher cost.
Frequently Asked Questions about Alpha Brain
The core ingredients of Alpha Brain include three blends i.e. Focus Blend, Fuel Blend, and Flow Blend, each with its own natural cognition-boosting agents.
The best place to buy Alpha Brain is through its company’s official website (onnit.com). Moreover, you can also find it on iHerb and Amazon.
The top advantages of using Alpha Brain include better cognition, enhanced focus and clarity, better reaction times, and a healthier, well-protected brain.
With well-researched and science-backed ingredients, daily use of Alpha Brain is expected to potentially improve your brain health if taken as recommended.
ONNIT Alpha Brain contains ingredients that may interact with certain prescriptions. We recommend consulting a healthcare provider before taking this brain supplement.
You can take Alpha Brain with other dietary supplements or multivitamins. However, we recommend consulting your doctor or pharmacists before mixing multiple nutritional supplements.
Alpha Brain is not intended for children or adolescents under 18.
The formula doesn't contain any banned or toxic ingredients. However, it has several herbal extracts that are not safe for long-term use.
Alpha Brain is designed for people who want an instant, short-term boost in cognitive function (focus, attention, mental clarity, ability to process information).
Pregnant or nursing women should consult a medical doctor before taking Alpha Brain.
You can contact the ONNIT customer service department by phone at 1-855-ONNIT-99 or using the "Contact Us" form available on its official website.
To begin the refund process, follow these three simple steps: 1) Go to onnit.com/refund 2) Fill out and submit the "Onnit Return / Refund Request Form" 3) Wait for a customer service representative to contact you
The internet is filled with many positive reviews from customers who swear by its cognitive effects. Many celebrities, including Joe Rogan, have even endorsed it.
Alpha Brain nootropic supplement is produced by ONNIT.
- Thomas Thorne - Alpha Brain Review of Benefits, Side Effects, and Uses. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Press release content from KISSPR - Onnit Alpha Brain Reviews: Nootropic Supplement How Does It Help For Memory & Focus? Review by HealthyRex. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Nootropics - dictionary.com. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Paola Frati, Chrystalla Kyriakou, Alessandro Del Rio, Enrico Marinelli, Gianluca Montanari Vergallo, Simona Zaami, and Francesco P. Busardò - Smart Drugs and Synthetic Androgens for Cognitive and Physical Enhancement: Revolving Doors of Cosmetic Neurology. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- ONNIT official website. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Vitamin B6 - National Institutes o Health (NIH). Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Vitamin B6 - medlineplus.gov. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Anna-Leila Williams, Anne Cotter, Alyse Sabina, Christine Girard, Jonathan Goodman, and David L. Katz - The role of vitamin B6 as a treatment for depression: a systematic review. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Jan Sheehan - What Are the Benefits of Vitamin B6 to the Brain? Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Christopher D. Gardner, Jennifer C. Hartle, Rachael D. Garrett, Lisa C. Offringa, and Arlin S. Wasserman - Maximizing the intersection of human health and the health of the environment with regard to the amount and type of protein produced and consumed in the United States. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Caroline R. Mahoney, John Castellani, F. Matthew Kramer, Andrew Young, and Harris R. Lieberman - Tyrosine supplementation mitigates working memory decrements during cold exposure. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Jay R. Hoffman, Nicholas A. Ratamess, Adam Gonzalez, Noah A. Beller, Mattan W. Hoffman, Mark Olson, Martin Purpura, and Ralf Jäger - The effects of acute and prolonged CRAM supplementation on reaction time and subjective measures of focus and alertness in healthy college students. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Matthew P. Pase, James Kean, Jerome Sarris, Chris Neale, Andrew B. Scholey, and Con Stough - The Cognitive-Enhancing Effects of Bacopa monnieri: A Systematic Review of Randomized, Controlled Human Clinical Trials. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Navneet Kumar, L. G. Abichandani, Vijay Thawani, K. J. Gharpure, M. U. R. Naidu, and G. Venkat Ramana - Efficacy of Standardized Extract of Bacopa monnieri (Bacognize®) on Cognitive Functions of Medical Students: A Six-Week, Randomized Placebo-Controlled Trial. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Chuenjid Kongkeaw, Piyameth Dilokthornsakul, Phurit Thanarangsarit, Nanteetip Limpeanchob, and C. Norman Scholfield - Meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials on cognitive effects of Bacopa monnieri extract. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Huperzine A - webmd.com. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Cat's Claw - webmd.com. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Huperzine A - AlphaBrain formula. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.
- Cat's claw - drugs.com. Retrieved on February 09, 2021.