Usanimals Review – 11 Facts to Consider
Nutrition is a necessity for life, especially during childhood when the body is undergoing incredible amounts of development and growth. It is without a doubt that children require more nutrients than adults to support their growing bodies, strengthen bones, and supercharge the brain. Usanimals by USANA has been designed to target the nutritional needs of a growing body.
Available in the form of chewable pills, Usanimals is a child-friendly nutritional supplement manufactured to cater to the health and development of children. These pills contain a broad range of minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants required to enhance energy levels, make the immune system healthier and support optimal growth. The supplement can be easily used by children between 2 to 12 years of age and doesn’t contain any animal derivatives or GMOs to suit the dietary requirements of vegans and vegetarians.
Keep reading this Usanimals review to know more about this supplement in detail and decide if it’s worth giving to your child.
1) What is Usanimals?
Research has shown that a great majority of children do not get adequate nutrition from diet. Fewer than 25% of the children eat according to the recommended guidelines, missing out on critical nutrients and minerals like zinc, calcium, vitamin B6 and magnesium. Such conditions warrant using a natural supplement to fulfill these needs and prevent any delays in growth and development.
Usanimals is a dietary supplement designed to help children reach their recommended daily intake of the most important vitamins and minerals. Available as easy-to-consume chewable tablets stamped with fun animal shapes, these attractive pills can be taken by children from 2 to 12 years of age.
USANA, the manufacturing company of Usanimals, claims it to be a well-balanced multivitamin supplement supporting children’s healthy development and growth. The formula contains a wide range of antioxidants, essential vitamins, and minerals needed for bone support, healthy immune function, growth, development, and energy levels. The supplement is free from artificial sweeteners and flavors, GMOs, sugar, and animal-based products; hence, it can be safely included in the diet without any side effects
2) The Company Behind Usanimals
Usanimals is a product of USANA, a company operating from Utah that exclusively deals in manufacturing products of different categories, such as skin care, nutrition, and food and energy. Despite being a multi-level marketing (MLM) company, it has been successful at making its mark and extending its products in more than twenty countries through an extensive network of wholesalers. USANA was listed in the “200 Best small companies” by Forbes in 2007. In 2015 the company was listed as the 24th largest multi-level company globally regarding its total revenue.
The company operates on the rule that feeding the cells what the body needs can directly benefit health. Using this concept, it continues to produce different supplements based on innovation and advanced scientific information to help people live a healthy life. The founders of USANA share a holistic view of wellness for a stronger mind and body. They also rely on solid scientific research to bring innovative solutions to people who need them and strive to improve their products with every passing day.
3) Details on Usanimals Ingredients and Uses
The ingredients list of Usanimals is extensive and covers almost all critical nutrients and vitamins needed by a growing body. Some of the most important ingredients among them are listed below.
- Vitamin D: It is critical for maintaining optimal bone health. It also strengthens the teeth and muscles
- Selenium: It supports metabolism, energy, immunity, and muscle health.
- Vitamin B1: It plays an important role in regulating the health of the heart, nerves, and muscles. It also optimizes food-to-energy conversion to energize the body
- Vitamin B2: It plays a role in food metabolism to provide the body with enough stamina and energy to cope with daily activities
- Beta Carotene: It helps in the maintenance of good eye health
- Zinc: Interestingly, zinc helps children develop senses of smell and taste in addition to boosting immunity.
- Calcium: Calcium is one of the most important ingredients needed by children in the growing phase to strengthen their bones and teeth
- Vitamin E: It is associated with the prevention of several childhood diseases, such as fat malabsorption, growth retardation, and retinopathy of prematurity
For the complete list of ingredients added to Usaminals along with their doses per serving, checking the ingredients label is recommended.
While Usanimals does cover a lot of your child’s nutritional needs, it doesn’t have Omega 3. If you want a multivitamin for kids that contains Omega 3, check our SmartyPants Gummy Vitamins Review.
4) Usanimals: Pros and Cons
The following benefits are attributed to the daily use of Usanimals in children:
- Enhanced immune health due to vitamins C and D, zinc, and selenium
- Improved energy production leading to active lifestyles due to the B vitamin complex
- Stronger muscles, teeth, joints, and bones due to calcium, vitamin D, and magnesium
- Better growth and overall development due to zinc and iodine
5) Side Effects of Using Usanimals
Usanimals contain a variety of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. While these ingredients are likely safe when taken as recommended, using too much of these vitamins and minerals may cause some adverse effects such as diarrhea, nausea, fatigue, or stomach upset. However, as per the manufacturing company, these side effects are rare to occur as long as you stick to the official dosage guidelines.
6) Usanimals Warnings and Precautions
- If your child has been diagnosed with a medical illness or is currently on medication, consult with a doctor before giving them Usanimals
- The supplement is not suitable for use by children below 2 years
- Keep away from the reach of children to prevent the risk of accidentally overdosing
7) Who Sells Usanimals?
USANA Usanimals can be purchased directly from the manufacturer through its official website (Usana.com). You may also order it from Amazon or Walmart.
8) Usanimals Price
The price for Usanimals may vary depending on the platform you purchase it from. In general, the price range per bottle ranges from $18.5 to $22 which seems to fall within an affordable range.
9) How to Use Usanimals
Usanimals is available as delicious chewable tablets that can be easily consumed whenever and wherever you wish. The daily dose for this supplement varies depending on the age of the user. One tablet per day is recommended for 2–4-year-old children whereas two tablets can be taken by children belonging to older age groups. It is preferred to take the tablet with meals. A fun idea to consume Usanimals is by crushing the product and adding it to yogurt or a cereal bowl for the child to eat.
10) What Users Are Saying
"My 3-year-old daughter loves the taste of these and has never complained. She actually reminds me every morning to give them to her!" [Read full review]
"These are the BEST vitamins on the market right now. I began giving these to my now three and a half-year-old when he was about two years old because a cousin of mine uses all of USANA's products, and she recommended these when I mentioned my son had bad seasonal allergies. I thought she was crazy because I saw no correlation between the two, but I decided to give it a shot anyway." [Read full review]
"I'm so surprised to hear the reviews about kids not liking these. My girls love them and make sure to remind me every day to give them their vitamins. We've been really pleased with this product and many of the other USANA products. I love having something natural to give my kids that gives them an extra boost of nutrition." [Read full review]
11) Final Thoughts on Usanimals
The importance of adequate nutrition in children cannot be denied, and according to USANA, their nutritional supplement called Usanimals can be a potential solution to meet these daily requirements. The formula is extensive and is likely to meet the goals and the price is affordable enough to bear in the long run.
All in all, Usanimals can be a good product to include in your child’s routine for optimal growth and development.
Usanimals - Frequently Asked Questions
Usanimals is a dietary supplement including a wide array of nutrients, minerals, and vitamins to help fulfil the daily nutritional requirements of children at a growing age.
Usanimals adverse effects are rare and mild. These side effects may include diarrhea, nausea, constipation, gas, bloating, fatigue, headaches, dry mouth, irritability, itching, overactivity, flushing, skin rashes, discoloration of urine, and lack of energy, or loss of appetite.
The antioxidants, essential vitamins, and minerals included in this formula claim to work for bone support, healthy immune function, growth, development, and energy levels.
It is not safe to give your child this supplement if they are already taking medication for an underlying medical illness. For the best advice, seek help from a medical professional.
Your child can take Usanimals alongside other daily multivitamins. However, we recommend consulting a pediatrician before starting this product if your child is already taking a multivitamin supplement.
According to USANA, Usanimals multivitamin supplement is ideal for children 2-12 years old.
Usanimals don't contain any potentially dangerous or banned ingredients.
Usanimals multivitamin supplement is intended for children who do not get the recommended daily dose of vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients from diet alone.
Usanimals multivitamin is designed as a supplement for children. However, the product can also be used by pregnant or nursing women. Still, we recommend consulting a medical doctor before taking Usanimals.
For children under four years, one chewable tablet per day is recommended whereas older ones can take two per day with meals. The pills can be chewed on or crushed and added to cereals and yogurts for easy usage.
You can contact USANA's customer service by phone at 1-888-950-9595, fax at 1-800-289-8081, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
USANA offers a 30-day hassle-free money-back offer that can be initiated by contacting the Associate from whom you purchased the product.
Most buyers are happy with this multivitamin. However, some customers complained about their children refusing to take the supplement due to an unpleasant taste.
Usanimals reviews and testimonials on Amazon are overwhelmingly favorable. The multivitamin is rated 4.5 out of 5 (129 ratings), with 90% of the users rating the product with at least 4 stars.
Usanimals multivitamin supplement for children is produced by USANA, a multi-level company (MLM) founded in 1992.
- The Importance of Child Nutrition - mana.md. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Childhood Nutrition - healthychildren.org. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Childhood Nutrition Facts - cdc.gov. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- USANA Health Sciences, Inc. - reuters.com. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- USANA Health Sciences History - ZIPPIA. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- USANA official website. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- L. Cooke - The importance of exposure for healthy eating in childhood: a review. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Dr. Leann Birch, Jennifer S. Savage, and Alison Ventura - Influences on the Development of Children's Eating Behaviours: From Infancy to Adolescence. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Facts & Statistics - hhs.gov. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans - health.gov. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Guangwen Tang - Bioconversion of dietary provitamin A carotenoids to vitamin A in humans. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- A. Sommer, J. Katz, and I. Tarwotjo - Increased risk of respiratory disease and diarrhea in children with preexisting mild vitamin A deficiency. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Jennifer Berry - Benefits and uses of B-complex vitamins. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Lauren M. Young, Andrew Pipingas, David J. White, Sarah Gauci, and Andrew Scholey - A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of B Vitamin Supplementation on Depressive Symptoms, Anxiety, and Stress: Effects on Healthy and 'At-Risk' Individuals. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- David O. Kennedy, Rachel Veasey, Anthony Watson, Fiona Dodd, Emma Jones, Silvia Maggini, and Crystal F. Haskell - Effects of high-dose B vitamin complex with vitamin C and minerals on subjective mood and performance in healthy males. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Kathleen M. Zelman - The Benefits of Vitamin C. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Vitamin C - National Institutes of Health (NIH). Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Vitamin C - mayoclinic.org. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Megan Ware - What are the health benefits of vitamin D? Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Vitamin E - Harvard School of Public Health. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Alina Bradford - Vitamin E: Sources, Benefits & Risks. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- James J. DiNicolantonio, Jaikrit Bhutani, and James H. O'Keefe - The health benefits of vitamin K. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Cari Nierenberg - Getting Too Much of Vitamins And Minerals. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Multivitamins - drugs.com. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.
- Multivitamins - rxlixt.com. Retrieved on January 21, 2021.