Serene is an amino-acid formula designed to increase serotonin levels using high doses of 5-HTP. 5 -HTP is a chemical precursor and metabolic intermediate important to the biosynthesis of serotonin. Several clinical trials have demonstrated its effectiveness in regulating mood and optimizing sleep. Hence, its presence in Serene makes it a potential solution to promote positive feelings and manage sleep-related issues. It is manufactured by a company called NeuroScience and is available as oral pills in plastic bottles on various online platforms.
Does this mood support supplement really do what it claims? Can it be the new and effective solution to getting a good night’s sleep? Find out in this detailed Serene review below.
1) Serene Quick Facts
Serene by NeuroScience is a natural formula comprising amino acids, nutrients, and vitamins to promote a positive mood and healthy sleep. It works by regulating the levels of neurotransmitters i.e. chemicals in the brain that control stress levels, mood, and sleep.
The pills particularly target to improve the levels of serotonin, a neurotransmitter that has been proven to improve mood, promote relaxation, and decrease feelings of anxiety.
Available as pills that are manufactured in GMP and FDA-accredited facilities, Serene is claimed as a safe product to be added to daily life.
Neuroscience is also the company behind Calm PRT.
2) How Did Serene Start?
Serene is manufactured by a company called NeuroScience, working from Saint Croix River Valley near Osceola, Wisconsin. Established in 2000 as a privately-owned professional-grade dietary supplement company, it manufactured and offered several proprietary blends of amino acids to provide precursors for neurotransmitters in the brain. With more than two decades of experience, NeuroScience claims to be among the top brands delivering high-quality products based on botanicals, amino acids, minerals, and vitamins.
The company sources its raw ingredients through careful scientific research and subjects them to rigorous testing for purity, potency, and standardization. It is in close partnerships with selective manufacturers and distributors to keep a check on their high standards. NeuroScience also claims to perform regular audits to maintain the quality of its products.
3) Details on Serene Ingredients and Uses
Each pill of the Serene mood enhancement supplement contains the following ingredients:
- 5-HTP: Extracted from Griffonia simplicifolia seed extract, 5 hydroxy-tryptophan or 5-HTP is a precursor substance required to produce two important hormones: serotonin and melatonin. The former helps induce positive feelings while the latter regulates restful sleep, even in stressful situations
- Folate: Several studies have indicated a connection between folate and depression. Having adequate levels of this ingredient is also required for the synthesis of various neurotransmitters, such as serotonin and norepinephrine
- Calcium: A deficiency of calcium has been associated with symptoms of anxiety, fatigue, and sluggishness. Together with serotonin, calcium also plays a role in regulating mood, especially in females suffering from premenstrual syndrome
- Vitamin B6 and C: Active forms of these two important vitamins are needed to produce serotonin, the happy hormone responsible for regulating mood.
Additional ingredients added to Serene include Vegetable Cellulose, Cellulose, and Magnesium Stearate.
4) Is Serene Right for You?
Serene can be a good solution for you if:
- You find it difficult to sleep every night
- You often develop feelings of anxiety and restlessness
- You are constantly exposed to a stressful environment and need something to calm your nerves
- You need a positive boost in your day-to-day mood
Remember that Serene is not a cure or treatment for any mood disorder or any other psychiatric or non-psychiatric illness. For treatment of a medically-diagnosed illness, consult a healthcare specialist.
5) Serene Health Benefits
According to the manufacturers of Serene, regular use of this supplement can help you provide the following benefits:
- Better sleep due to 5-HTP
- Improvement in mood due to folate, calcium, 5-HTP, and vitamins B and C
- Increased ability to cope with stress due to 5-HTP and folate
- Relaxation of mind and body due to 5-HTP
The benefits of Serene are subject to variation in different users
6) Serene – Is it Safe?
NeuroScience, the company manufacturing Serene emphasizes the high quality and safety profile of all its products. It mentions using FDA-inspected and cGMP compliant manufacturers only to ensure that its supplements are safe and effective. Moreover, the company also orders third-party testing for further verification of the ingredients label and to inspect the products for contamination with microbes and heavy metals. It takes special measures to guarantee that its Quality Management System is intact and delivers products that are not only true to its promise but also safe in the long run.
Hence, Serene is unlikely to cause any major side effects in its users. Expecting minor issues like nausea and vomiting is common and most of them tend to resolve on their own in a few days.
7) Precautions of Serene Use
- Serene is not meant to be taken by individuals below 18 years
- Pregnant and nursing women must seek professional advice before commencing this supplement
- Do not use the supplement if received with a broken seal
- Do not use the supplement if you have been diagnosed with a medical illness and/or are taking any medication
8) Where to Buy Serene
Serene is available for purchase on Amazon and Walmart. You can also visit neuroscienceinc.com, the official website of its manufacturing company, to place an order. However, bear in mind that you will have to register yourself and open an account in order to purchase Serene from the official website.
9) Serene Cost
The cost for Serene may vary from one distributor to another. However, most sellers are offering it at a price of $40 per bottle.
10) Directions For Taking Serene
As mentioned on the official website, the optimal dose for Serene is one to two pills per day. If you are new to this supplement and want to check how your body responds to it, start with one pill per day and monitor the response for a few days. Once your body familiarizes itself with this new addition, increase the dose to two pills per day.
It is best to take Serene with food as it prevents minor side effects like nausea, vomiting, and stomach upset. Do not exceed the recommended dose in any case to avoid side effects. In case of any confusion, contact a healthcare provider.
11) Our Verdict on Serene
Serene is a mood-enhancing supplement designed to induce positive feelings while optimizing sleep. It consists of a handful of ingredients derived naturally and passed through rigorous third-party testing to ensure high quality and efficacy. The price is affordable and allows most customers to keep using it on a long-term basis. The only drawback is a lack of enough testimonials from the customers’ end to prove the claims put forward by Serene.
Overall, Serene can be a good product to experiment with, but an alternative with higher popularity is recommended for better outcomes.