Mind Lab Pro Review – Is it Effective?
The term “Nootropic” was introduced by Dr. Corneliu E. Giurgea, a Romanian chemist. The “Noo” comes from the Greek word for ‘mind,’ and “trope” is French for ‘change.’
Generally, nootropic proponents believe these OTC supplements can help them become more thoughtful and focused on tasks. But nootropics may offer other benefits, too.
Mind Lab Pro is advertised as “the best natural nootropic on the market” for executive function support, improved cognitive function, heightened motivation, memory, creativity, and better retention.
1) What is Mind Lab Pro?
Opti-Nutra, the company that makes Mind Lab Pro, claims their unique formula is designed for those looking to improve attention, enhance memory, and support cognitive function, while also shielding the brain from damage and stress caused by various toxins (like pollution) and aging.
Essentially, Mind Lab Pro is designed as the ideal brain supplement that covers every ground.
On top of this, Opti-Nutra also states that, unlike common prescription nootropics, Mind Lab Pro has no known adverse effects, and it’s all-natural.
2) The Company Behind Mind Lab Pro
Opti-Nutra is a dietary supplements manufacturer located in the U.K.
The company is better known for its Performance Labs product line. 
They have a variety of products designed for vision, gut health, plant-based and low-carb diets, omega-3, energy, sleep, and of course, the brain.
One other thing Opti-Nutra is known for is formulating only with premium ingredients, as evidenced in Mind Lab Pro, but also across their entire product range.
Furthermore, this company relies on cutting-edge production technologies in their FDA and cGMP-approved facilities in the U.K. and the U.S.A.
Opti-Nutra contact information:
- Website: optinutra.com
- Address: 7 Claredon Place, Royal Leamington Spa, CV 32 5QL, United Kingdom
- Email: email@example.com
3) What Are Mind Lab Pro Ingredients?
Mind Lab Pro includes the following active ingredients:
- Vitamin B9 100mcg
- Vitamin B6 2.5mg
- Citicoline (as Cognizin) 250mg
- L-Theanine (as Suntheanine) 100mg
- Vitamin B12 7.5mcg
- Organic Lion’s Mane mushroom (fruit) 500mg
- Bacopa Monnieri (aerial parts) 150mg
- Maritime Pine Bark extract 75mg
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine 175mg
- Phosphatidylserine 100mg
- Rhodiola Rosea root extract 50mg
Other inactive ingredients include NutriCaps® Pullulan Capsule, NuFlow® Rice Concentrate.
They also say their product is suitable for vegans and contains no:
- Tree Nuts
- Other Allergens
- Artificial Colors
4) Does Mind Lab Pro Work?
Mind Lab Pro’s one of the best in the business when it comes to nootropics. The formula exclusively uses premium ingredients or ingredients standardized for its respective active compounds.
Let’s look at three of the key ingredients: L-Theanine, Lion’s Mane, and Citicoline.
L-Theanine is an amino acid that helps ease anxiety, stress, and reduce insomnia. It also is one of the amino acids that can cross the brain-blood barrier, and research indicates  that it is safe to use.
Scientists believe  L-Theanine’s beneficial effects on stress and anxiety are because of how it increases serotonin, dopamine, and GABA levels in the brain.
Lion’s Mane is a type of medicinal mushroom that might boost cognitive function, but the existing research is mainly on animals.
Other researchers have concluded that the mushrooms may have the potential to prevent or treat conditions that cause a decline in cognitive health, such as Alzheimer’s disease and Parkinson’s disease .
Citicoline is a naturally occurring compound found in every cell of the body, but it’s essential for the brain. It’s also one of the most sought-after nootropics in the industry.
Choline boosts acetylcholine and other neurotransmitters that keep the nervous system running smoothly. It’s also known to boost brain energy, memory, focus, and overall cognition.
Furthermore, the body converts Citicoline into many other beneficial compounds.
5) Mind Lab Pro Health Benefits
Mind Lab Pro benefits include:
- Supports short-term and long-term brain health
- Protects brain cells from premature aging
- It improves concentration, focus, and memory
- Promotes relaxation and reduces stress
- Alleviates fatigue and brain fog
- Improves verbal fluidity, creativity, and communication.
6) Mind Lab Pro Side Effects
While the manufacturer claims that Mind Lab Pro is 100% safe with no reported side effects, some individuals may experience some adverse effects, including:
- Stomach cramps
- Increased bowel movements
- Dry mouth
- Low blood pressure
- Blurred vision
- Chest pains
Therefore, we recommend cycling the supplement regularly, taking one week off every three weeks as a minimum. Longer breaks are advised after repeated cycles.
7) Mind Lab Pro Product Warnings
Some prescriptions that may interact with Mind Lab Pro include:
- Medications that are changed by the liver
- Medications used for diabetes
- Medications for high blood pressure
- Medications that weakens the immune system
8) Where to Buy Mind Lab Pro
Despite being a popular nootropic, Mind Lab Pro can only be purchased from several online stores. The company sells mainly through its official store and Amazon.
You may also find the supplement on sale on several other retailers (like eBay or Walmart), but resellers generally own those listings.
9) Mind Lab Pro Price
Because of the premium ingredients used, Mind Lab Pro is one of the more expensive nootropic supplements available:
- 1 x 60 capsules bottle: $69.00
- 2 x 60 capsule bottles: $138.00
- 3 x 60 capsule bottles + one bottle free: $207.00
10) How to Take Mind Lab Pro
The recommended dose of Mind Lab Pro is two (2) capsules in the morning or early afternoon. Do not take more than four (4) capsules in 24 hours unless otherwise directed by a healthcare provider.
As always, we strongly recommend reading and understanding the label before taking any dietary supplements or medications.
Mind Lab Pro is definitely one of the best nootropics in the market, but if you prefer to take high quality nootropics in scoops, read our Genius Consciousness Review.
11) What Users Are Saying
"So I'm currently in the middle of a challenging language course and decided to try this out to help me stay focused. Before taking it, I was averaging memorizing about 30 words a day. After forking over 80 bucks, I didn't see any real jump in productivity beyond maybe a little energy." [Read full review]
"I take a stimulant ADD medication daily. I take this about 6 hours after that, and It helps prevent the "brain fog" crash that happens when it wears off, without keeping me up at night. I didn't notice the whole "mind boosting" effect during everyday activities." [Read full review]
"My husband likes this product. He feels the difference when he stops taking. Unfortunately, it is an expensive product and puts a hole in our budget when we want to refill it." [Read full review]
12) Our Verdict on Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro contains a blend of 11-brain boosting ingredients specifically selected for their nootropic benefits.
These 11 ingredients are premium and can work in synergy to create a comprehensive, universal smart drug that aspires to improve every aspect of cognition and brain health.
Havin a high quality, premium formula isn’t cheap, though.
Mind Lab Pro is one of the more expensive products we’ve ever reviewed. For 20-30 servings, depending on how you dose things, you’re looking at about $65.00 + shipping per bottle.
If money isn’t an issue or if you’re looking for something that wont’ disappoint, Mind Lab Pro is perhaps the best supplement for someone new to the world of nootropics and smart drugs.
Customers Questions and Answers with Mind Lab Pro
Mind Lab Pro includes these active ingredients:
- Vitamin B9
- Vitamin B6
- Citicoline (as Cognizin)
- L-Theanine (as Suntheanine)
- Vitamin B12
- Organic Lion's Mane mushroom (fruit)
- Bacopa Monnieri (aerial parts)
- Maritime Pine Bark extract
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine
- Rhodiola Rosea root extract
Mind Lab Pro is advertised as an all-natural nootropic supplement for executive function support, improved cognitive function, heightened motivation, memory, creativity, and better retention.
Mind Lab Pro side effects may include stomach cramps, increased bowel movements, dry mouth, nausea, constipation, drowsiness, dizziness, low blood pressure, headaches, blurred vision, and chest pains.
Mind Lab Pro can only be purchased from several online stores. The company sells mainly through its official store and Amazon.
Mind Lab Pro is not exactly cheap.
- One 60 capsules bottle costs $69.00
- Two 60 capsule bottles (120 capsules in total) cost $138.00
- Three 60 capsule bottles + one bottle free (240 capsules in total) cost $207.00.
Mind Lab Pro is designed to enhance memory, attention span, and cognitive functions while also protecting the brain from stress and damage caused by aging and toxins.
Mind Lab Pro contains ingredients that may interact or alter the way specific prescriptions work. We strongly recommend consulting a medical professional before taking the nootropic if you are under treatment or have known medical conditions.
You can take Mind Lab Pro with other dietary supplements or daily multivitamins.
Mind Lab Pro is not intended for children or teenagers under 18.
This formula doesn't contain any banned, toxic, or potentially dangerous ingredients.
Pregnant or nursing mothers should consult a physician before using this or any dietary supplement.
Take 1 capsule in the morning or early afternoon on an empty stomach. For best results use daily and consistently. For advanced usage guidelines visit www.performancelab.com/Advanced
A majority of consumers were happy with Mind Lab Pro. Still, some users complained about experiencing adverse effects after taking it. Others felt the product didn't help with focus and concentration.
Mind Lab Pro is made by Opti-Nutra.
- Opti Nutra's official website. Retrieved on July 14, 2021.
- Nobre AC, Rao A, Owen GN. L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2008;17 Suppl 1:167-8. PMID: 18296328.
- What You Need to Know About L-theanine. (2022). Retrieved 18 March 2022, from https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/sleep-newzzz/201708/what-you-need-know-about-l-theanine
- Sabaratnam V, Kah-Hui W, Naidu M, Rosie David P. Neuronal health - can culinary and medicinal mushrooms help?. J Tradit Complement Med. 2013;3(1):62-68. doi:10.4103/2225-4110.106549
- Jiang S, Wang Y, Zhang X. Comparative studies on extracts from Hericium erinaceus by different polarity reagents to gain higher antioxidant activities. Exp Ther Med. 2016;12(1):513-517. doi:10.3892/etm.2016.3279
- Lai PL, Naidu M, Sabaratnam V, Wong KH, David RP, Kuppusamy UR, Abdullah N, Malek SN. Neurotrophic properties of the Lion's mane medicinal mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Higher Basidiomycetes) from Malaysia. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2013;15(6):539-54. doi: 10.1615/intjmedmushr.v15.i6.30. PMID: 24266378.