Genius Consciousness Review – Is it Effective?
Nootropics are referred to as brain supplements, designed to boost cognition, improve memory, and give you laser focus.
Like most supplements, nootropics are a dime a dozen, but Genius Consciousness by The Genius Brand piqued our interest when we saw some of the positive reviews on its formula.
Is Genius Consciousness legit? Is the formula effective? Read our Genius Consciousness Review to find out.
1) Genius Consciousness at a Glance
Genius Consciousness is advertised as a doctor-formulated and 3rd party tested extra strength formula that includes Phosphatidylserine, Acetyl L Carnitine HCL, and L-Tyrosine.
On top of the quality ingredients, one of the most unique aspects of Genius Consciousness is its serving size.
Our guesstimate is 9/10 nootropics you see on sale are encapsulated. Genius Consciousness, on the other hand, is taken per SCOOP like your typical pre workouts or protein powders.
This allows Genius Consciousness to not only come out with many potent nootropics, but also have impressive doses for each, more than three times the usual dose we see in encapsulated nootropics.
2) The Company Behind Genius Consciousness
The Genius Brand formally launched in 2006 with a mission to promote activeness and a single-minded pursuit of excellence in everyday life.
Today, The Genius Brand is known for producing a wide range of organic health supplements for weight loss, pre- and post-workout, brain support, beauty, energy, and muscle growth.
Some of their best sellers include:
How to contact The Genius Brand:
- Address: 2204 McFarland 400 Blvd, Alpharetta, GA 30004, USA
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://thegeniusbrand.com/
3) What Are Genius Consciousness Ingredients?
Genius Consciousness is a blend of several quality and potent nootropics. The most potent ones being Acetyl-L-Carnitine, Lion’s Mane, and AlphaSize.
Acetyl-L-Carnitine or ALCAR is the most bioavailable form of L-Carnitine for your brain. Clinical research suggests it may help people with neurodegenerative diseases. 
ALCAR is an amino acid that can pass your blood-brain barrier, giving it access to the mitochondria of your body, as well as to the dense collection of mitochondria in your brain.
Remember the mantra: The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell. If your mitochondria is adequately boosted, it can translate to better brain performance.
Lion’s Mane mushroom extract has potent anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immunostimulant properties based on human and animal studies.
Animal studies show that Lion’s Mane mushroom extract may actually support brain health by stimulating the creation of two important compounds: brain-derived neurotrophic factor and nerve growth factor. 
In 2008, a trial found that Lion’s Mane effectively improved cognitive function in a randomized group of 15 older adults. 
AlphaSize is a branded form of AlphaGPC, one of the most popular premium nootropics on the market. AlphaGPC has been cited to boost acetylcholine production. Acethyl is one of the primary “currencies” used by the brain to perform tasks related to learning and memory. 
Other inactive ingredients include citric acid, organic stevia leaf extract, natural flavors, silica, beetroot extract, and monk fruit extract.
4) Does Genius Consciousness Work?
Genius Consciousness most definitely works as a nootropic largely thanks to its scoop-serving scheme.
Most nootropics come in capsules and while encapsulating supplements have its fair share of benefits, having adequate serving size isn’t one of them.
Enter Genious Consciousness.
Genious Consciousness capitalizes on the one thing the supplement industry has always had, and it’s powdered products. Powdered products lets manufacturers add as much of an ingredient as they want (budget-permitting).
That means the nootropics they included come in much larger servings than their encapsulated counterparts.
5) Genius Consciousness Health Benefits
Based on the formula, taking Genius Consciousness can result in:
- Mental clarity
- Cognitive performance
- Mood support
That is all due to a smart combination of high quality ingredients, potent dosing, and formula synergy.
They recommend taking Genius Consciousness together with Genius Mushrooms and Genius Joy for maximum effect.
6) Genius Consciousness – Is it Safe?
Side effects vary per person, but most supplements today are tested for both potency and safety.
However, because you’re taking something that affects the brain, there is some risk associated with Genius Consciousness.
You may experience mild forms of:
- Loss of appetite
It should be noted Genius Consciousness contains ingredients that stimulate the senses, especially caffeine and AlphaGPC. You have to make sure you’re not taking it a few hours bed time or it may cause sleep disruption.
If you experience side effects that may be causing more than a slight discomfort, we recommend stopping intake and seeking professional help.
7) Precautions of Genius Consciousness Use
Genius Consciousness contains ingredients that may interact with other dietary supplements or certain prescriptions.
This nootropic also contains Huperzine A, which may interact with certain medications, including beta-blockers, cholinesterase inhibitors, and anti-convulsive agents. 
Given these safety concerns, it’s essential to consult your healthcare provider if you want to start using potent nootropics like Genius Conscioussness.
8) Where to Purchase Genius Consciousness Online
You can buy Genius Consciousness directly from the manufacturer’s official website and other online stores like Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Walgreens, or eVitamins.
9) How Much Does Genius Consciousness Cost?
One bottle of Genius Consciousness (2.79 oz / 15 servings) costs $37.99. A 30-day supply would cost $75.98.
10) Suggested Use
Assess your individual tolerance by mixing 1/2 scoop into 6-10 ounces of water (vary the amount of water by taste preference). Do not take within 6 hours of bed.
As always, we strongly recommend reading and understanding the label before taking any dietary supplements or medications.
11) What Users Are Saying
"Brainhacking at its finest. This is the real deal! I just wish it came in a 30 day supply of full servings. If you only take half servings once a day, it will last you 30 days, but if you take half a serving in the morning and another half in the afternoon, it will only last you 15 days." [Read full review]
"I was interested in this primarily for the short & long-term memory benefits since I'm notoriously forgetful and "spacey." I've been using this for a few weeks, and it definitely seems to have helped me with sharpness and focus. I'm able to really get "locked-in" to work while taking this. For the first time, I can remember I recall past events better than my wife." [Read full review]
"Taking this product does seem to stimulate my mental functioning. I have a prescription for my ADD, and I find this to supplement the enhanced focus and function provided by the drug. HOWEVER, the taste is truly awful. Even very diluted, I can barely get this down. " [Read full review]
12) Bottom Line – Does It Really Work?
Genius Consciousness is one of the better, high quality nootropics available, and it’s thanks to how they did the work by including potent ingredients paired with respectable doses.
The combination of Tyrosine (500mg), AlphaSize (600mg), and Caffeine (100mg) can work wonders for keeping you focused, retain more information, and in the zone for hours on end.
The only nitpick we have is the price for a 15-day supply, but we understand high quality supplements aren’t cheap. If you can spare the cash, Genius Consciousness is worth every dollar.
Frequently Asked Questions about Genius Consciousness
Genius Consciousness contains the following active ingredients:
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCI 1g
- Lion's Mane (Hericium erinaceus) (fruit body) powder 1g
- AlphaSize (as 50% Alpha-GPC) 600mg
- L-Tyrosine 500mg
- Methyliberine (as Dynamine) 125mg
- Caffeine (from Coffea arabica) 100mg
- SerinAid (as 50% Phosphatidylserine) 100mg
- NeuroFactor (Coffea arabica fruit extract) 100mg
- AstraGin (Astragalus membranaceus root extract and Panax notoginseng root extract) 50mg
- Huperzia serrata whole plant (Standardized to 1% Huperzine-A) 10mg
Genius Consciousness is a nootropic supplement for concentration, attention, focus, and memory.
Genius Consciousness adverse effects may include nausea, sweating, loss of appetite, restlessness, sleep disturbance or insomnia, and heartburn.
You can buy Genius Consciousness directly from the manufacturer's official website and other online stores like Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Walgreens, or eVitamins.
One bottle of Genius Consciousness (2.79 oz / 15 servings) costs $37.99.
Genius Consciousness contains potent ingredients that may support memory, attention, focus, mental clarity, and concentration.
Genius Consciousness is one of the better formulas on the market. It contains several science-backed brain-boosting ingredients with respectable doses.
This supplement has also garnered an impressive number of positive reviews and testimonials available online.
As with all dietary supplements, we suggest consulting a medical doctor before taking the product if you have any pre-existing medical conditions or are taking any prescription medications.
You can take Genius Consciousness with other dietary supplements or multivitamins. The manufacturer recommends taking this supplement with other "Genius" products for better results.
Genius Consciousness is not intended for children or teenagers under 18.
This nootropic doesn't include any potentially dangerous, toxic, or banned ingredients.
Genius Consciousness is intended for individuals looking for a natural brain supplement for attention, focus, energy, memory, and mental clarity. This can be college students, the typical 9-5 worker, or a business leader who needs a little cognitive boost.
Pregnant or nursing women should not use this supplement. The formula contains ingredients (such as Huperzine A and Caffeine) that may not be safe during pregnancy.
As a dietary supplement, start with 1/2 scoop into 6-10 ounces of water (vary the amount of water by taste preference). Do not take within 6 hours of bed. If well tolerated, continue taking one (1) scoop in 6-10 ounces of water when needed.
You can contact The Genius Brand customer support service by email at email@example.com or through the "Contact Us" form available on the company's official website.
If purchased from a retailer, the customer must return the item purchased to the store where purchased under the retailers' return policies.
The Genius Brand will accept returns of merchandise purchased directly from Genius (online or phone). To be considered for reimbursement, you may return any item purchased from The Genius Brand for any reason within ninety (90) days of purchase.
Most buyers are happy with the Genius Consciousness brain supplement.
However, some users complained about experiencing side effects after taking the supplement (vomiting, nausea, headaches).
Other consumers complained about the bad taste, even after dissolving the powder in juice instead of water.
The Genius Brand Genius Consciousness reviews and testimonials on Amazon are very positive.
The supplement is rated 4.2 out of 5 (15,811 ratings), with 79% of the users rating the product with at least 4 stars.
Genius Consciousness is made by The Genius Brand.
- Traina G. The neurobiology of acetyl-L-carnitine. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2016 Jun 1;21(7):1314-29. doi: 10.2741/4459. PMID: 27100509.
- Lai PL, Naidu M, Sabaratnam V, Wong KH, David RP, Kuppusamy UR, Abdullah N, Malek SN. Neurotrophic properties of the Lion's mane medicinal mushroom, Hericium erinaceus (Higher Basidiomycetes) from Malaysia. Int J Med Mushrooms. 2013;15(6):539-54. doi: 10.1615/intjmedmushr.v15.i6.30. PMID: 24266378.
- Chiu CH, Chyau CC, Chen CC, Lee LY, Chen WP, Liu JL, Lin WH, Mong MC. Erinacine A-Enriched Hericium erinaceus Mycelium Produces Antidepressant-Like Effects through Modulating BDNF/PI3K/Akt/GSK-3β Signaling in Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2018 Jan 24;19(2):341. doi: 10.3390/ijms19020341. PMID: 29364170; PMCID: PMC5855563.
- Mori K, Inatomi S, Ouchi K, Azumi Y, Tuchida T. Improving effects of the mushroom Yamabushitake (Hericium erinaceus) on mild cognitive impairment: a double-blind placebo-controlled clinical trial. Phytother Res. 2009 Mar;23(3):367-72. doi: 10.1002/ptr.2634. PMID: 18844328.
- Vauzour D. Dietary polyphenols as modulators of brain functions: biological actions and molecular mechanisms underpinning their beneficial effects. Oxid Med Cell Longev. 2012;2012:914273. doi:10.1155/2012/914273
- Stangl D, Thuret S. Impact of diet on adult hippocampal neurogenesis. Genes Nutr. 2009 Dec;4(4):271-82. doi: 10.1007/s12263-009-0134-5. Epub 2009 Aug 15. PMID: 19685256; PMCID: PMC2775886.
- Bellar D, LeBlanc NR, Campbell B. The effect of 6 days of alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine on isometric strength. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015;12:42. Published 2015 Nov 17. doi:10.1186/s12970-015-0103-x
- Caffeine Interactions Checker (2022). Retrieved 15 March 2022, from https://www.drugs.com/drug-interactions/caffeine.html
- CAFFEINE: Overview, Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Interactions, Dosing and Reviews. (2022). Retrieved 15 March 2022, from https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-979/caffeine
- Zhang HY. New insights into huperzine A for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2012 Sep;33(9):1170-5. doi: 10.1038/aps.2012.128. Epub 2012 Sep 3. PMID: 22941287; PMCID: PMC4003111.