Looking for something to give your mood a boost? There are many supplements that promise to deliver these effects; however, it can be a hassle to choose any one of them. One of these supplements is Lumiday, a mood enhancement formula designed to improve mood and reduce anxiety or stress generated by everyday activities. As a dedicated de-stressor, Lumiday is intended to be a quick and effective stress relief alternative when life’s pressures become too much for comfort.
Let’s look at this product in detail and analyze its ingredients, benefits, and price.
1) Lumiday Quick Facts
A person’s mood can change throughout the day. Many people believe that is just something they are just forced to live with. However, Lumiday is looking to change this concept for people of all ages. Made without any dangerous ingredients, this mood enhancement supplement has seen a lot of popularity with stay-at-home moms or those who experience frequent stress or anxiety from everyday social situations.
Lumiday’s natural formula consists of six B vitamins, three herbal extracts, L-Theanine, Vitamin D3, and 5-HTP. Together, these core ingredients are claimed to help balance serotonin levels, promote a positive mood, control appetite, and potentially reduce stress and anxiety.
2) The Company Behind Lumiday
Lumiday is produced by Adaptive Health LLC, a fast-paced and expanding company with offices in Charlotte (North Carolina), Bethesda (Maryland), and Boston (Massachusetts).
Adaptive Health is known for its extensive portfolio of elite brands, including Instaflex, Nugenix, Peptiva, Trilane, Dr. Whitaker, Dr. Williams, Dr. Sinatra, Sleep Answer, and Lumiday.
3) Ingredients of Lumiday
Lumiday includes the following ingredients:
- L-Theanine: This amino acid is most commonly found in tea leaves and Bay Bolete mushrooms. L-Theanine can easily cross the brain-blood barrier to promote feelings of relaxation without causing drowsiness.
- St. John’s Wort: The extracts from this plant are regularly used in dietary supplements and natural remedies. St. John’s Wort is most commonly used for depression and symptoms that sometimes go along with moods, such as poor appetite, nervousness, trouble sleeping, and tiredness. Scientific evidence suggests that St. John’s Wort may also be effective for mild to moderate depression.
- 5-HTTP: 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) is an amino acid that your body naturally produces and uses to create serotonin, a chemical messenger that sends signals between your nerve cells. Low serotonin levels are associated with sleep disorders, depression, anxiety, weight gain, and other health problems. While the exact cause of depression is mostly unknown, some researchers consider that a serotonin imbalance may affect your mood in a way that leads to depression.
Other ingredients include:
- Vitamin B6 16 mg
- Vitamin B1 50 mg
- Niacin B3 10 mg
- Vitamin D3 1200 IU
- Vitamin B12 96 mcg
- Vitamin B5 10 mg
- Folate B9 800 mcg
- Ashwagandha Root Extract 50 mg
- Rhodiola Rosea Extract 100 mg
Other minor ingredients include rice flour, gelatin, dicalcium phosphate, maltodextrin, silica, and magnesium stearate.
4) Does Lumiday Work?
According to the manufacturer, Lumiday is a synergistic blend of vitamins, herbal extracts, and other beneficial nutrients that work together to increase resistance to stress and its symptoms. 5-HTP supplements, like Lumiday, are thought to manage depression by boosting serotonin levels. In fact, several small studies have found that 5-HTP lessened symptoms of depression. However, not all studies used placebos for comparison, restricting the validity of their findings.
5) Lumiday Claims
Some Lumiday claimed benefits include:
- Improves mood without the use of synthetic or harmful ingredients
- The low dosage of ingredients reduces the likelihood of adverse effects
- Provides consistent results over time
- Supports emotional well-being and helps users feel calm and relaxed
- Helps reduce stress and fatigue
6) Potential Lumiday Effects
Lumiday is advertised as a safe supplement when taken as recommended. The formula doesn’t contain any potentially dangerous or banned ingredients. However, some ingredients may still be associated with mild to moderate adverse effects in some users.
St. John’s Wort is a good example of such ingredients. While it is generally considered safe when used orally, St. John’s Wort may cause adverse effects in some users, such as:
- Dry mouth
- Vivid dreams
- Stomach discomfort
- Burning or prickling sensation
- Increased sensitivity to sunlight (photosensitivity)
- Low blood sugar levels (hypoglycemia)
7) Lumiday Product Warnings
Do not use Lumiday if you are under treatment with antidepressants. Dietary supplements like Lumiday that contain serotonin or alter serotonin metabolism – such as St John’s Wort, SAMe, or 5HTP (a serotonin precursor), can cause the potentially life-threatening serotonin syndrome when taken with antidepressant medications.
8) Where to Buy Lumiday
Lumiday is widely available online. You can purchase it on the manufacturer’s website or from various online stores such as Amazon, Walmart, GNC, or eBay.
9) Lumiday Price
One bottle of Lumiday natural mood enhancement supplement (60 capsules / 30 servings) costs $64.99 on the official GNC website.
10) How to Use Lumiday
For the best benefits, take one capsule twice daily with food – once in the morning and once in the evening. According to the manufacturer, Lumiday works better when taken regularly. Taking it sporadically will only hinder your results.
11) What Users Are Saying
"I actually bought this for my 26-year-old daughter, who suffers from a bi-polar disorder. When she could not afford the medication she was prescribed, we were forced to find a solution. " [Read full review]
"I suffer from moodiness, low energy, and just a general feeling of fatigue. I started taking Lumiday because my boss wanted to try it, so he got me a bottle to try too. I'm not going to lie... the product works!" [Read full review]
"I got a bottle of Lumiday on a free trial. I originally was under the impression that it was supposed to be a mood enhancer. Indeed for the first two days, I felt much better, calmer, and more focused. Not sure if it was a mixed effect of working out and alcohol. However, after two days, the effect of Lumiday came down to mere drowsiness." [Read full review]
12) Final Thoughts on Lumiday
In the end, Lumiday may be a good option for individuals experiencing sleep problems or mild stress & anxiety. However, it should be remembered that Lumiday isn’t a strict hormone supplement, nor is it intended to saturate your brain with so many hormones that you become dependent on the mood or the supplement itself. Instead, Lumiday heightens your natural good mood rather than making them up by itself.
As a result, this supplement will not work to treat clinical depression or severe anxiety, which often require much stronger medications and a doctor’s advice. As a mood booster, Lumiday can help your day-to-day experience be more enjoyable and give you the emotional strength to tackle life’s challenges without making your brain dependent on high amounts of hormones or synthetic ingredients.