GalantaMind Starter is a reduced dose version of the GalantaMind supplement line. Both are created by Nevada company Life Enhancement, founded in 1985. They were one of the first companies to start researching galantamine and using it in supplements, and galantamine is the main draw of GalantaMind. It’s used to improve memory and fend off Alzheimer’s disease in older adults. Some prescription medicines even use it because of its effectiveness. Galantamine can be created in a lab or extracted from flowers. Life Enhancement uses the version from galanthus nivalis, the common snowdrop flower.
1) GalantaMind Starter at a Glance
Capsules have 50 mg vitamin B5, 100 mg choline, and 4 mg galantamine. Directions state to take one a day with breakfast for a week. If you don’t experience side effects, the next week you can move up to two capsules a day with food. If everything goes well, take an additional capsule every week until you have a dose of 16 mg a day. This is the common dose where people tend to see benefits, although some may need more. Galantamine can do a lot of work for you, and it’s best in older adults who are aged 50 or more.
2) What Are GalantaMind Starter Ingredients?
GalantaMind Starter contains the following ingredients: Pantothenic acid (Vitamin B5 as calcium pantothenate), Choline (as choline dihydrogen citrate), Galantamine hydrobromide (extracted from Galanthus nivalis), gelatin capsule, rice flour, magnesium stearate
3) Does GalantaMind Starter Work?
GalantaMind is a dietary supplement which can be an alternative to prescription medicine. The starter edition gives you a half dose of the same exact formula. Each capsule contains vitamin B5, choline, and galantamine. Some people don’t tolerate the full dose well, and in all cases people need to work up to 16 mg a day. A few even see benefits from 24 mg a day. But overall, 16 mg daily is considered most effective, and people start out with 8 mg a day. With GalantaMind Starter, you begin with 4 mg a day for the first week, then add another capsule every week until you’re taking the full 16 mg. If you experience side effects you’ll have to decrease the dose without eliminating GalantaMind from your diet.
Galantamine has proven benefits in boosting memory and fighting off Alzheimer’s disease. Some people do experience side effects like headache, nausea, and general gastrointestinal distress. Taking capsules with meals can reduce your risk, although risk tends to be low overall. Fewer than 10% of people tend to experience side effects, but those effects tend to be uncomfortable enough for those people to want to stop taking galantamine supplements. Galantamine is generally a safe and well tolerated way to stabilize or improve cognitive function in adults over the age of 50, but it doesn’t work evenly for everyone, like most supplements.
4) GalantaMind Starter Benefits & Results
- It’s difficult for some people to build their tolerance for galantamine. Most doses have 8 mg, and people take 2 to 3 doses a day to get galantamine’s benefits. For those who can’t quite seem to handle these amounts, GalantaMind Starter uses doses of 4 mg, so you can build a tolerance more gradually. This can heavily reduce the chance of side effects for some people.
5) What You Need to Know Before Taking GalantaMind Starter
- Less expensive than regular GalantaMind, but you have to take more of it. The lessened amounts of galantamine are also generally ineffective. The most common effective dose is considered 16 mg (8 mg taken twice a day with meals), with some people using 24 mg daily. 4 to 8 mg won’t do anything most of the time. You can actually run out of GalantaMind Starter by the time you can feel its benefits. In that case, your best option is to buy 1 bottle GalantaMind Starter and 1 bottle GalantaMind.
6) How Much Does GalantaMind Starter Cost?
GM Starter is less expensive than regular GalantaMind, but because you need to take more capsules, it often isn’t a better deal. A bottle of the regular version lasts about 7 weeks if you’re aiming to take 16 mg galantamine a day. With GalantaMind Starter, you’ll run out in the middle of your fifth week. Depending on what you can buy each bottle for, and how much galantamine you need, it’s possible that GM Starter is a good deal. But most people won’t be happy with having to swallow 4 or more capsules every day for one supplement.
7) Suggested Use
There are enough studies on galantamine and choline to show how they can help your brain’s health. Both are sometimes used for people with Alzheimer’s disease, although galantamine is considered more effective. One study on it found that “For each year of treatment with galantamine, the risk of ending up in a nursing home was reduced by 31%.”
8) Our Verdict on GalantaMind Starter
Reviews and testimonials for GalantaMind, plus the supporting body of scientific evidence, combine to form a solid recommendation for GalantaMind. Galantamine is a valuable ingredient. GalantaMind Starter, however, isn’t considered as good as regular GalantaMind. But it may be necessary. The lower dose and lower price give people an introduction to galantamine, to see how it effects them. Anyone who doesn’t experience side effects will want to graduate to full GalantaMind for maximum benefits.