Carlson Health Cod Liver Oil Review – Is it Effective?
As the modern world continues to bring the latest advancements and conveniences to our lives, it is also exposing the human body to a variety of ailments and issues. Due to factors like increased toxin exposure, rising pollution levels, and unhealthy lifestyles, an increasing number of people are falling sick on a daily basis due to poor organ health. To ward off these increased health risks, we need something that can benefit multiple organ systems at the same time to benefit overall health. Cod Liver Oil is one such product to try.
Manufactured by Carlson Laboratories, this Norwegian cod liver oil formula features a blend of potent omega-3 fatty acids that claim to benefit the heart, brain, eyes, and immunity. But is this supplement actually true to its claims? Let’s find out in this review.
1) Cod Liver Oil Quick Facts
Omega-3 fatty acids have been known for their potential health benefits for a long time. They strengthen the heart, boost nervous function, and protect the body from foreign invaders to keep it healthy and optimally functioning.
The Norwegian Cod Liver Oil by Carlson Laboratories claims to offer all these benefits within a single capsule. Meant to be used on a daily basis, this oral product is convenient to add to daily life, even for people who do not have time to take care of their health through a healthy diet and exercise.
The product features three essential Omega-3 fatty acids ALA, EPA, and DHA, as well as three important vitamins, particularly Vitamin A, Vitamin E, and Vitamin D for extended benefits. Carlson Norwegian Cod Liver Oil is claimed to be periodically tested for purity, freshness, and potency by an independent, FDA-registered laboratory. The manufacturer however fails to specify further details about the laboratory.
2) The Company Behind Cod Liver Oil
Carlson Laboratories were established many decades ago with an aim to produce high-quality minerals, vitamins, and other nutritional products.
The company initially began from a small apartment in Chicago by launching a single vitamin E product. Later on, it quickly grew to provide an award-winning line of all-natural supplements across the world. During the early 1980s, the company helped introduce the omega-3 market in North America by importing high-quality fish oils from Norway which still continues to benefit people by the name of Carlson Labs Norwegian Cod Oil.
Following this, the company released a new type of marine oil which it sourced from Calamari. Today, the next generation has taken over the company but has ensured that the innovation it has been providing the world with continues. Now, it offers more than 200 supplements designed to cater to the unique nutritional needs of the entire family.
3) What’s Inside Cod Liver Oil?
Norwegian Cod Liver Oil contains the following ingredients:
- Cod Liver Oil: This ingredient has multiple evidence-backed benefits, such as lowered inflammation, improved bone density, and strengthened immune system. It also acts as an immune booster that manages anxiety and depression.
- EPA: This omega-3 fatty acid benefits the heart by balancing cholesterol levels and protecting it from heart attacks and inflammation.
- DHA: It promotes functional development of the brain in young ones and maintains neural functions in older adults.
- Vitamin A: This vitamin is popular for boosting eye health and maintaining good vision
- Vitamin D: It supports bone health, fights infections, and reduces inflammation in different parts of the body
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a versatile ingredient needed for reproduction, vision, and the health of the skin, blood, and brain.
4) Does Cod Liver Oil Work?
Carlson Cod Liver Oil is rich in three essential Omega-3 fatty acids: EPA, DHA, and ALA along with Vitamin D and Vitamin A.
The FDA and other major medical and research institutions encourage the use of Omega-3 fatty acids by underlining their importance for overall health, as well as their support of essential body functions and systems. Some of their most critical medicinal applications supported by factual evidence include the heart, brain, joints and bones, eyes, and skin health. The formula has also been investigated as a potential treatment and preventive solution for ailments, such as Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, depression, anxiety, migraine headaches, heart failure, rheumatoid arthritis, etc.
Recent investigations on mood and behavioral conditions have brought omega-3s into the spotlight. Scientists have found that Omega-3 may help with postpartum depression and different personality disorders, such as borderline personality disorder. Additionally, Cod liver oil is an excellent source of Vitamin A and contains it in a necessary daily dosage. Vitamin A itself is a powerful antioxidant and can be helpful in fighting brain issues caused by oxidative stress, such as cognitive disorders or stroke. It is also essential to eyesight, immune system health, and immunity.
5) Cod Liver Oil Health Benefits
The evidence-based research supports the claims put forward by Cod Liver Oil.
Additionally, the customer reviews related to this product are also suggestive of its potential benefits. these reviews have described this supplement as having the following benefits:
- Very pleasant taste
- No fishy aftertaste
- Long-term benefits
6) Cod Liver Oil Warnings and Precautions
Keep the following precautions in mind before including Cod Liver Oil in your daily diet:
- Using a product based on cod liver oil, such as this one, may lead to heartburn, belching, or bad breath.
- People using blood thinners or anticoagulant medications must be cautious about adding Cod Liver Oil into their daily life as omega-3s have blood thinning properties and may interact with these medications
- Pregnant and breastfeeding ladies must contact a doctor to confirm the safety of adding this supplement to their daily routine.
7) Where to Buy Cod Liver Oil
Carlson Health Norwegian Cod Liver Oil is available to purchase on different platforms such as:
- The company’s official website (carlsonlabs.com)
8) Cod Liver Oil Price
Norwegian Cod Liver Oil is available in two different packings with the following prices:
- One bottle containing 100 soft capsules is priced at $15.90
- One bottle containing 250 soft capsules is priced at $32.50
9) How to Use Cod Liver Oil
Take one soft gel capsule of Norwegian Cod Liver Oil every day for maximal benefits. There is no set time for consumption, and users can take it whenever they deem it feasible. Swallow the capsule whole with a glass of water and use the supplement regularly for faster results.
10) Our Bottom Line
Norwegian Cod Liver Oil by Carlson Labs is a nutritional health supplement that uses omega-3 fatty acids to deliver benefits to the heart, brain, eyes, and immune system. The product has been in the supplement market for decades and has mostly received positive reviews from customers. Moreover, it is nominally priced, which makes it an excellent option to try for a boost in everyday health.
Things Customers Want to Know about Cod Liver Oil
Norwegian Cod Liver Oil by Carlson Labs is a nutritional supplement that contains omega-3s and cod oil to boost cardiovascular health, improve brain function, and strengthen the immune system.
It may not be safe to combine Norwegian Cod Liver Oil with blood thinners as both may interact with each other to produce harmful effects.
Take one soft gel capsule of Norwegian Cod Liver Oil daily with a glass of water.
Most customers using this supplement call it effective and capable of delivering long-term health benefits with minimal side effects.