Many of us experience stress and anxiety from time to time. Described as a feeling of unease, worry, or fear, this stress is usually multifactorial and may be due to financial worries, personal issues, or academic problems. Regardless of the cause, stress can significantly increase the demand placed on your physical body or brain, leading to health deterioration in the long run. For such people, it is imperative to do something about it before the high-stress levels start decreasing their quality of life.
One way to control the negative effects of stress on the body and brain is by using a supplement like Stress-J. The Stress-J review below will analyze the most critical elements of this natural stress relief supplement, starting with the manufacturer and finishing with the claimed benefits, cost per serving, potential side effects, and more.
1) What is Stress-J?
Stress-J is a natural stress relief formula claimed to work against high-stress levels by promoting feelings of calm and relaxation.
The herbal formula consists of a proprietary blend featuring Passionflower, Chamomile, and other herbal extracts that are traditionally used to fight occasional stress and facilitate the nervous system’s proper function.
The supplement is available in the form of oral pills enclosed in good-quality plastic bottles. The manufacturing company has made the supplement widely available through online stores to make it readily available for everyone.
2) The Company Behind Stress-J
Stress-J is a product of Nature’s Sunshine, a supplement company established in 1972. It claims to be the very first company to encapsulate herbs nearly four decades ago. Now, Nature’s Sunshine is represented by nearly 600.000 distributors and can be found in 30 countries.
The company firmly believes that quality begins at the source; hence, it pays special attention to securing the finest natural materials and herbs from all parts of the world. It also conducts frequent on-site vendor inspections to guarantee that only the purest and cleanest materials are added to its products.
Using 40 years of experience, the company integrates these high-quality ingredients into unique, highly-effective products that claim to work even when everything else fails.
According to the company’s official website, it also invests millions of dollars every year to ensure quality assurance. It relies on state-of-the-art equipment, highly-qualified personnel, and evidence-backed testing methods to develop, test, and store its products.
Currently, Nature’s Sunshine has multiple products under categories like detox, weight management, immunity, and beauty.
3) Stress-J Ingredients
The following are the core ingredients included in the formulation of Stress-J pills:
- Passionflower- Passionflower is a widespread ingredient in traditional medicine. According to alternative medicine, that extracts from this plant may help with drug withdrawal symptoms, anxiety, neuralgia, insomnia, and epilepsy. Moreover, preliminary studies indicate that Passionflower may show promise in treating health concerns like sleep disorders and mild anxiety.
- Feverfew- Feverfew is a flowering plant belonging to the Asteraceae family. Its name originates from the Latin word “febrifugia,” which means “fever reducer.” The plant contains a substance called parthenolide, and it has been used for centuries to treat fevers, ease muscle spasms, reduce inflammation, and prevent blood vessel constriction in the brain. Feverfew has been traditionally used to treat migraines and stop the synthesis of inflammatory markers. Feverfew is also used to improve mood by reducing the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Chamomile- Chamomile is an herb that comes from the daisy-like flowers of the Asteraceae plant family. It has been used for centuries as a natural remedy for a number of health conditions. Chamomile has some unique properties that may benefit the quality of your sleep. It contains apigenin, an antioxidant that binds to specific receptors in your brain that may promote sleepiness, reduce insomnia or chronic inability to sleep.
4) Stress-J Health Benefits
Following are the key reasons why you may consider purchasing Stress-J:
- Provides key nutrients to help support occasional stress
- Made in Nature’s Sunshine own USA facility under guidelines and conditions that meet the most stringent global regulations
- A potent formula that supports the nervous system
- Made by a reputable American brand
- 100% natural ingredients
5) Stress-J Side Effects
The company manufacturing Stress-J claims it to be a natural formula that is typically free of side effects. However, because of certain herbal ingredients in its composition, some users may develop side effects such as stomach upset, sleep disturbances, mental dullness, headaches, vomiting, diarrhea, and nausea.
Nevertheless, these side effects are more likely to occur in people using specific prescription drugs or in those who have been using the supplement for a long time. To avoid the side effects, cycling the pills regularly by consuming them for three weeks, followed by a one-week gap, is recommended.
6) Stress-J Warnings and Precautions
Despite being a natural supplement, there are a few precautions to keep in mind while using Stress-J. These include the following:
- Stress-J contains Marshmallow root extract, which may slow blood clotting. Do not use it if you are on blood thinners
- Stress-J is not regulated by the FDA; hence, it may lead to negative effects and interactions
- Do not use the supplement if you are allergic to any of its ingredients
7) Where to Buy Stress-J
You can purchase Stress-J from the official Nature’s Sunshine store or various online retailers such as Amazon, Walmart, or eBay.
8) How Much Does Stress-J Cost?
One bottle of Stress-J (100 capsules / 33 servings) costs $22.80.
A “Subscribe and Save” auto-ship program is available on Nature’s Sunshine’s official website. The program offers automatic deliveries (every 30, 60, 90, or 180 days), free shipping, and a 25% discount.
9) How to Take Stress-J
The official company recommends taking a pill of Stress-J up to three times a day.
Combining it with meals is recommended as it not only improves the efficacy of the supplement but also reduces the risk of side effects. Reading and understanding the label is strongly recommended before taking any dietary supplements or medications.
10) What Users Are Saying
"Within a week of taking 2 tablets 3 times a day, I can say that I felt considerably better. The symptoms that improved were my nerves felt calmer, my hands didn't tremble so much, and I felt a calm I have not felt in a long time.
" [Read full review]
"I have used this product in the past, and it does help with stress. I recommend it to anyone who wants help with stress without pharmaceuticals." [Read full review]
"I have used this product for about 17 years. Not every day, but whenever something stresses me. It started when my mother was sick. One or two tablets calms me, like air leaving a balloon very slowly. Wake up in the middle of the night, can't get back to sleep, two tablets and ten slow deep breaths, good sleep, and no drowsiness in the morning." [Read full review]
---Mary Lynn Nordstrom
11) The Bottom Line – “Does it Work?”
Stress-J is a popular herbal supplement made by a well-known brand. It generally has positive reviews and is available at an affordable price – although you can probably find more affordable alternatives.
Overall, Stress-J may be a good option for people looking for a natural supplement for occasional anxiousness, stress, tension, and anxiety relief.