Qualia Mind Review – 12 Facts You Need to Know
Qualia Mind is a popular over-the-counter nootropic supplement, especially among smart drug aficionados.
Nootropics, or “smart drugs,” are a class of substances that can boost brain performance. They are sometimes described as cognition enhancers or memory-enhancing substances.
These brain-boosters are designed to support cognitive function, mainly memory, creativity, executive functions, or motivation, in healthy individuals. 
The question is: Does Qualia Mind deserve its popularity? Read our Qualia Mind supplement review to find out.
1) What is Qualia Mind?
Qualia Mind was released by the Neurohacker Collective in April 2016 and has grown rapidly since then.
Qualia Mind is advertised as a “premium nootropic for mental performance.” Its unique formulation consists of active ingredients such as amino acids, vitamins, and herbal extracts, most of which are well known among the biohacking crowd.
While relatively expensive compared to other similar products, Qualia Mind maintains a reputation as an effective and trusted brain supplement.
2) History of Qualia Mind
Qualia Mind is produced by Neurohacker Collective. The company founded in 2015 is currently located in Carlsbad, California.
According to the official Neurohacker Collective website, the company was started with the “mission of creating best-in-class well-being products by employing a unique methodology to research and development based on complex systems science.”
Besides their flagship supplement Qualia Mind, Neurohacker Collective also makes several other popular products, including Qualia Life, Qualia Immune, Qualia Night, Qualia Nootropic Energy, and Qualia Mind Essentials.
How to contact Neurohacker Collective company:
- Address: 5938 Priestly Dr., Suite 200, Carlsbad, CA 92008
- Phone: (855) 281-2328
- Website: https://neurohacker.com
3) Qualia Mind Ingredients
Qualia Mind includes the following active ingredients:
Contains the basics such as vitamin C, B complex, and Vitamin D
Adaptogens are herbs known to help users feel relief from stress and anxiety. Qualia Mind has the popular Rhodiola Rosea, one of the most studied adaptogen in the industry, with evidence showing positive effects on stress management and calmness.
Qualia Mind’s key brain boosters include Bacopa Monnieri, Alpha GPC, and N-Acetyl-L-Thyrosine. These three ingredients are nootropic staples as each is known for their beneficial effects on memory and focus. Bacopa monnieri, in particular, is called a student’s nootropic due to its memory retention benefits.
Other brain health ingredients:
The rest of the ingredients can be classified as brain health or brain function support. Some of the notable ones are Huperzia Serrata, Ginkgo Biloba, and DHA.
Other ingredients include organic rice extract blend, organic rice concentrate, silicon dioxide, and vegetable cellulose.
4) What Does Qualia Mind Do?
Qualia Mind contains several well-known brain-boosting ingredients.
Let’s go over two of the most popular ones in the industry: Acetyl-L-Carnitine and Rhodiola Rosea.
Acetyl-L-Carnitine is a highly bioavailable form of L-Carnitine that specifically improves brain function. Studies suggest that it may benefit people with neurodegenerative diseases. 
Here are some of the nootropic benefits associated with Acetyl-L-Carnitine:
- Improves physical and mental energy – In a clinical study, elderly patients received ALCAR daily. At the end of the study, scientists observed significant boosts to their mental and physical energy levels, as well as better overall cognitive ability; 
- Support cognitive function – In a 2010 study, eight out of 14 participants reversed a diagnosis of dementia and returned to their full cognitive abilities after taking Acetyl-L-Carnitine daily; 
- Improves focus and attention: Acetyl-L-Carnitine improves concentration, both in kids with ADHD and adults who struggle with mental fatigue; 
- Reduces symptoms of Alzheimer’s Disease: inhibits the decline in brain function associated with Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative disorders. 
Rhodiola Rosea is an adaptogen or an herb specifically taken to lower stress levels. It’s also suggested to have antidepressant properties by balancing the neurotransmitters in your brain. 
In one six-week study on the effectiveness of Rhodiola on symptoms of depression, subjects who took Rhodiola experienced significant emotional stability improvements, overall depression, and insomnia, whereas the placebo group showed no improvements. 
Rhodiola Rosea is also believed to improve certain brain functions.
In a pilot study, students experienced increased motivation to study, improved sleep patterns, and significantly reduced mental fatigue after taking Rhodiola supplements for 20 days. Their exam scores were also 8% higher compared to those in the placebo group. 
Other notable ingredients in Qualia Mind include:
- Vitamin D – Supplementing with Vitamin D may offer some short-term improvements to cognitive function, especially in individuals with Vitamin D deficiency; 
- Alpha GPC – May support energy production while protecting against oxidative stress damage; 
- Ginkgo Biloba – Limited clinical research shows that Ginkgo Biloba helps prevent age-related memory loss and can support BDNF production in younger adults. 
5) Qualia Mind Benefits & Results
Some of the benefits of taking Qualia Mind include:
- Supports long term cognitive function
- Supports focus, attention, and concentration
- Powerful mood support
- Boosts energy
- Promotes mental clarity
- Sparks flow and creativity
6) Potential Side Effects from Qualia Mind Ingredients
The ingredients used in Qualia Mind are natural, widely-used, and they’ve all been tested in clinical trials.
However, some ingredients may still cause mild to moderate adverse effects in some individuals. These are caffeine, Huperzine A, and Ginkgo Biloba.
The formula contains 90mg of caffeine (about the same amount you would get from an espresso). Depending on tolerance, 90mg may be a casual energy boost or too stimulating. Some of these adverse effects may include: 
- Chest pains
- Heart palpitations
- Shortness of breath
- Dry mouth
- High blood pressure
- Inability to sleep
- Allergic skin reactions
- Digestive problems
The dose per ingredient are within the safe/minimal range, so most people should feel safe. If you do feel something’s not right after taking Qualia Mind, cease intake and seek medical help.
7) Qualia Mind Warnings and Precautions
- Ephedrine and other stimulants that speed up the nervous system
- Medications for Alzheimer’s disease
- Drying medications (anticholinergics)
- Medications used for allergies (antihistamines)
- Medications for high blood pressure
- Medications that increase blood flow to the heart
- Anticoagulants and antiplatelet medications
8) Where to Buy Qualia Mind in the United States?
Qualia Mind is available for purchase from a number of online stores such as Amazon, eBay, Walmart, LuckyVitamin, Walgreens, and more.
You can also buy the supplement directly from the official Neurohacker Collective store.
9) Qualia Mind Price
One bottle of Qualia Mind, 35 capsules, costs $35.00. You can also buy it in bottles of 154 capsules each for $139.00.
A “Subscribe and Save” option is also available. Those who sign up for the autoship program will receive an $80 discount on their first order and $20 discounts for each order afterward.
10) Suggested Use
As a dietary supplement, take seven (7) capsules with water in the morning before breakfast. Optimal dosage can vary based on body weight and sensitivity.
11) What Customers Say About Qualia Mind
"This product is great for energy and focus right now. I don't like the slightly fishy smell and taste. It's pricey, but if you want to be productive, it's effective within the hour. I'm not sure about long term aid to the quality of brain health." [Read full review]
"I was skeptical at first and weary of the high price point. After taking Qualia for four days, I feel like I've discovered how wonderful my brain works when I nourish it with proper nutrients. I feel like I've "woken up" while taking this supplement, and I've not loved each day as I do in a while. I highly recommend, and I Hope Neurohacker discovers a way to make this financially within reach for the masses." [Read full review]
"I believe the product has great potential. But the serving size (7 capsules) is too much for me. Being a post-bariatric surgery patient, I should've realized that the amount was too large. Oh well! I'll finish them in smaller doses and then look for something more potent in a single capsule." [Read full review]
12) Final Thoughts on Qualia Mind
As a complete, daily brain supplement, Qualia Mind may be a good choice.
Its potent formula is capable of quickly increasing mental stamina, heightening focus, and enhancing learning. It will give you laser focus for a good few hours.
We do have to note two downsides to Qualia Mind:
First, the premium price tag. At over $5 per day, once you are on a full-priced subscription, Qualia Mind costs almost four times what an average-priced nootropic would cost.
While we accept the high price-tag if it’s justified by several factors such as ingredients quality, strict manufacturing process, or quality packaging, some buyers will definitely turn to more affordable alternatives.
The other is the directions for use. Incorporating so many ingredients per serving forced Neurohacker Collective to have people take 7 capsules per serving. Some people may not like the idea of taking so many in one sitting.
Qualia Mind - Frequently Asked Questions
The complete list of ingredients in Qualia Mind are:
- Vitamin C (as ascorbic Acid) 100mg
- Thiamine (as Thiamine HCI) 50mg
- Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol) 25mcg ( 1,000 IU)
- Niacin (as Niacinamide) 50mg
- Vitamin B12 (as Methylcobalamin) 1000mcg
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal 5' -Phosphate) 20mg
- Pantothenic Acid (as Calcium Pantothenate) 50mg
- Artichoke Leaf Extract (4% Cynarin and related flavonoids) 500mg
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCI 500mg
- Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract (3% Rosavins and 1% Salidrosides) 300mg
- Bacopa Monnieri Leaf Extract 300mg
- DL-Phenylalanine 300mg
- Uridine-5' -Monophosphate Heptahydrate Sisodium 250mg
- Taurine 200mg
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine 250mg
- Alpha-Glycerylphosphorylcholine (Alpha GPC) 200mg
- L-Theanine 200mg
- Organic Coffeeberry (90mg caffeine) Whole Coffee (Coffea arabica) Fruit Extract 129mg
- Cognizin 150mg
- Theobromine 100mg
- Velvet Bean (Mucuna Pruriens) Seed Extract 100mg
- DHA (as Docosahexaenoic Acid from Algae) 80mg
- Phosphatidylserine (from Sunflower Lecithin) 100mg
- Celastrus paniculatus Seed Extract 60mg
- Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract (24% Glycosides) 50mg
- Coleus Forskohlii Root Extract (20% Forskolin) 20mg
- Pyrroloquinoline Quinone Disodium 10mg
- Huperzia Serrata Leaf Extract (7% Huperzine A) 5mg
Qualia Mind is a nootropic with a 21-ingredient complex designed for memory, focus, mental energy, and concentration.
While advertised as generally safe, the formula contains several ingredients that may cause mild to moderate adverse effects in some users.
Qualia Mind side effects may include hypertension, jitters, chest pains, heart palpitations, confusion, dizziness, shortness of breath, anxiety, and inability to sleep among other possibilities.
Qualia Mind is available for purchase from a number of online stores such as Neurohacker Collective, Amazon, eBay, Walmart, LuckyVitamin, Walgreens, and more.
Qualia Mind is available in two packagings: 154 capsule bottles for $139.00.
You can save money if you opt for a subscription. The first shipment will cost $69.50, then $119.00 thereafter.
Qualia Mind can help users improve cognition, attention, focus, concentration, mood, energy, mental clarity, and creativity.
Qualia Mind's nootropic complex uis capable of increasing mental stamina, heightening focus, and enhancing learning. It will give you laser focus for a few hours.
The formula includes several ingredients with known interactions with specific prescriptions. We recommend consulting a medical professional before taking Qualia Mind.
You can take the nootropic with other dietary supplements or your daily multivitamin.
Do note that due to a large number of ingredients in Qualia Mind, the product may interact with other dietary supplements, causing mild to moderate adverse effects.
Consult a healthcare provider before starting on multiple nutritional supplements.
Qualia Mind is not intended for children and adolescents under 18.
Qualia Mind doesn't include any toxic or banned ingredients.
Qualia Mind is designed to improve overall cognitive function and it may be a good option for those looking for a quick boost in attention, focus, clarity, and energy.
Pregnant or nursing mothers should consult a medical professional before taking the supplement.
As a dietary supplement, take seven (7) capsules with water in the morning before breakfast.
We do note that some studies suggests supplements need to be cycled to maintain tolerance. Taking supplements every day nonstop will cause the body to have higher tolerance to ingredients, the same way coffee lovers can down two cups of coffee like it's plain water and still sleep well at night.
Therefore, to maintain the beneficial effects of Qualia Mind, we recommend cycling it. A basic recommendation is to take Qualia Mind for two weeks, then take another supplement with different ingredients for two weeks, and repeat.
You can contact the Neurohacker Collective customer support department by phone at (855) 281-2328 or through the "Contact Us" form available on the official website.
For returns, simply get in touch with the company via phone or email and request a refund.
The 100 Day Money Back Return Policy applies as a full refund within 100 days for all first-time purchasers of an initial order of product, or final order of a subscription. It does not apply to an individual's additional product orders placed after an initial order.
Qualia Mind has received many mixed reviews.
Some customers complained about not noticing any benefits after using the product. Others complained about the supplement being too expensive for what it offers.
Neurohacker Collective Qualia Mind customer reviews and testimonials on Amazon are mixed. This dietary supplement is rated 3.7 out of 5, with 63% of the users rating the product with at least 4 stars.
Qualia Mind is made by the American company Neurohacker Collective.
- Frati P, Kyriakou C, Del Rio A, et al. Smart drugs and synthetic androgens for cognitive and physical enhancement: revolving doors of cosmetic neurology. Curr Neuropharmacol. 2015;13(1):5-11. doi:10.2174/1570159X13666141210221750
- Neurohacker Collective - Creating meaningful upgrades to personal well-being. (2022). Retrieved 15 March 2022, from https://neurohacker.com/
- Traina G. The neurobiology of acetyl-L-carnitine. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2016 Jun 1;21(7):1314-29. doi: 10.2741/4459. PMID: 27100509.
- Malaguarnera M, Gargante MP, Cristaldi E, Colonna V, Messano M, Koverech A, Neri S, Vacante M, Cammalleri L, Motta M. Acetyl L-carnitine (ALC) treatment in elderly patients with fatigue. Arch Gerontol Geriatr. 2008 Mar-Apr;46(2):181-90. doi: 10.1016/j.archger.2007.03.012. Epub 2007 Jul 20. PMID: 17658628.
- Van Oudheusden LJ, Scholte HR. Efficacy of carnitine in the treatment of children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids. 2002 Jul;67(1):33-8. doi: 10.1054/plef.2002.0378. PMID: 12213433.
- Vermeulen RC, Scholte HR. Exploratory open label, randomized study of acetyl- and propionylcarnitine in chronic fatigue syndrome. Psychosom Med. 2004 Mar-Apr;66(2):276-82. doi: 10.1097/01.psy.0000116249.60477.e9. PMID: 15039515.
- Sano M, Bell K, Cote L, Dooneief G, Lawton A, Legler L, Marder K, Naini A, Stern Y, Mayeux R. Double-blind parallel design pilot study of acetyl levocarnitine in patients with Alzheimer's disease. Arch Neurol. 1992 Nov;49(11):1137-41. doi: 10.1001/archneur.1992.00530350051019. PMID: 1444880.
- Rai G, Wright G, Scott L, Beston B, Rest J, Exton-Smith AN. Double-blind, placebo controlled study of acetyl-l-carnitine in patients with Alzheimer's dementia. Curr Med Res Opin. 1990;11(10):638-47. doi: 10.1185/03007999009112690. PMID: 2178869.
- van Diermen D, Marston A, Bravo J, Reist M, Carrupt PA, Hostettmann K. Monoamine oxidase inhibition by Rhodiola rosea L. roots. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009 Mar 18;122(2):397-401. doi: 10.1016/j.jep.2009.01.007. Epub 2009 Jan 9. PMID: 19168123.
- Darbinyan V, Aslanyan G, Amroyan E, Gabrielyan E, Malmström C, Panossian A. Clinical trial of Rhodiola rosea L. extract SHR-5 in the treatment of mild to moderate depression. Nord J Psychiatry. 2007;61(5):343-8. doi: 10.1080/08039480701643290. Erratum in: Nord J Psychiatry. 2007;61(6):503. PMID: 17990195.
- Spasov AA, Wikman GK, Mandrikov VB, Mironova IA, Neumoin VV. A double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study of the stimulating and adaptogenic effect of Rhodiola rosea SHR-5 extract on the fatigue of students caused by stress during an examination period with a repeated low-dose regimen. Phytomedicine. 2000 Apr;7(2):85-9. doi: 10.1016/S0944-7113(00)80078-1. PMID: 10839209.
- Pettersen JA. Does high dose vitamin D supplementation enhance cognition?: A randomized trial in healthy adults. Exp Gerontol. 2017 Apr;90:90-97. doi: 10.1016/j.exger.2017.01.019. Epub 2017 Feb 4. PMID: 28167237.
- Strifler G, Tuboly E, Görbe A, Boros M, Pécz D, Hartmann P. Targeting Mitochondrial Dysfunction with L-Alpha Glycerylphosphorylcholine. PLoS One. 2016 Nov 18;11(11):e0166682. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0166682. PMID: 27861548; PMCID: PMC5115775.
- Sadowska-Krępa E, Kłapcińska B, Pokora I, Domaszewski P, Kempa K, Podgórski T. Effects of Six-Week Ginkgo biloba Supplementation on Aerobic Performance, Blood Pro/Antioxidant Balance, and Serum Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor in Physically Active Men. Nutrients. 2017 Jul 26;9(8):803. doi: 10.3390/nu9080803. PMID: 28933745; PMCID: PMC5579597.
- Topics, H. (2022). Caffeine: MedlinePlus. Retrieved 15 March 2022, from https://medlineplus.gov/caffeine.html
- HUPERZINE A: Overview, Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Interactions, Dosing and Reviews. (2022). Retrieved 15 March 2022, from https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-764/huperzine-a
- Qualia Mind Review (2022). Retrieved 15 March 2022, from https://www.dhmreviews.com/qualia-mind-review/
- Roland PD, Nergård CS. Ginkgo biloba--effekt, bivirkninger og interaksjoner [Ginkgo biloba--effect, adverse events and drug interaction]. Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2012 Apr 30;132(8):956-9. Norwegian. doi: 10.4045/tidsskr.11.0780. Erratum in: Tidsskr Nor Laegeforen. 2012 Jun 12;132(11):1319. PMID: 22562327.
- Ginkgo Biloba. (2022). Retrieved 15 March 2022, from https://www.webmd.com/vitamins-and-supplements/supplement-guide-ginkgo-biloba#1
- CAFFEINE: Overview, Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Interactions, Dosing and Reviews. (2022). Retrieved 15 March 2022, from https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-979/caffeine
- Carrillo JA, Benitez J. Clinically significant pharmacokinetic interactions between dietary caffeine and medications. Clin Pharmacokinet. 2000 Aug;39(2):127-53. doi: 10.2165/00003088-200039020-00004. PMID: 10976659.
- Huperzine A (2022). Retrieved 15 March 2022, from https://www.drugs.com/npc/huperzine-a.html
- COLEUS: Overview, Uses, Side Effects, Precautions, Interactions, Dosing and Reviews. (2022). Retrieved 15 March 2022, from https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ingredientmono-1044/coleus