Prost-X is a dietary supplement to support the healthy functioning of the prostate gland. The company behind the product is Standard Process, which was founded in 1929 by Dr. Royal Lee. It’s also the same company behind Neurotrophin PMG.
Designed to cater to the issues of aging men, this product has been on the market for over two decades and claims to improve the male reproductive health in addition to supporting the health of muscles, nerves, and skeletal systems. It is available as oral pills enclosing potent herbal ingredients like Cytosol extract, calcium, and Tillandsia usneoides for efficient results in a short span of time.
Continue reading to know more about Prost-X, what it includes, and if it is a good supplement to use for optimal prostate health.
1) What is Prost-X?
Prost-X is a nutritional supplement manufactured to help men regulate their prostate gland functions. According to the label on its bottle, the supplement also seems to support the health of muscles, bones, and nerves. The supplement was first introduced in 1995, and as per the company, it has been helping thousands of men in achieving optimal health ever since.
What makes Prost-X different from other similar supplements in the market is its ingredients list. Unlike the conventional prostate ingredients used by most products, Prost-X utilizes a very unusual combination of three key ingredients to get the job done. It is important to remember that these ingredients share both animal and plant origins; hence, the product may not be suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
Prost-X claims to utilize glandular therapy and works on balancing hormones and controlling inflammation to improve the working of the prostate gland. As claimed by the company, the product works best for people with irritated and inflamed prostate.
2) The Company Behind Prost-X
Prost-X is manufactured by Standard Process, a company dedicated to manufacturing nutrient-dense, high-quality solutions for people belonging to different walks of life. Based in Palmyra, Wisconsin, it is a family-run business operational since 1929. The company takes pride in providing health care professionals from all over the world with top-of-the-line nutritional supplements based on whole foods.
With an experience of over 80 years in the supplements market, it currently offers more than 300 items belonging to one of the following three product lines:
- Standard Process Veterinary Formulas
- Standard Process Whole Food supplements
- MediHerb Herbal Supplements
Standard Process claims to be closely involved in all steps of production of each of its supplements. It also owns organically-certified farmlands which it uses to grow crops and utilize for creating organic formulas. Moreover, the company also ensures the highest quality of control standards and adheres to the good manufacturing practice requirements issued by the Food and Drug Administration. Through these restrictions and rules, Standard Process makes sure that the quality and potency of its products are well-maintained.
3) Ingredients of Prost-X
The Prost-X supplement contains a proprietary blend featuring the following three ingredients:
- Tillandsia usneoides: Commonly known as Spanish moss, this ingredient has not been studied in detail regarding its effects on the human body. Clinical trials involving it do not seem to indicate its potential to improve prostate health in any way. However, some studies have shown its potential to improve blood sugar and prevent cellular breakdown
- Calcium glycerophosphate: This ingredient supports various cellular processes, strengthens bones, and has been demonstrated to aid capillary formation, thus allowing important nutrients to reach more cells and tissues. They also provide a healthy environment in which the cells divide and in which the immune system can respond to treatment a lot faster
- Bovine prostate Cytosol extract: This ingredient helps augment the structure and functioning of the prostate gland. Moreover, it also ensures that a suitable and healthy environment is maintained for the prostate gland to work and perform its duties.
Additionally, it also includes gelatin, honey, water, colors, and calcium stearate.
4) Is Prost-X Right for You?
According to Standard Process, the company manufacturing Prost-X, this product can work well for men with an irritated and inflamed prostate, chronic prostatitis, and benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH). In simpler words, if you are an adult male with the following symptoms, Prost-X might be a good solution for you:
- Increased urinary frequency
- A need to rush to the loo every time you need to urinate
- Burning pain during urination
- Painful ejaculation
- Blood in urine
- Pain in the lower abdomen or lower back
- Inability to completely empty bladder after urination
For more tailored advice, it is best to consult a suitable healthcare provider.
5) Prost-X Health Benefits
As mentioned on the official website, the use of Prost-X can provide the following benefits to its users:
- Better prostate health due to Cytosol extract, calcium, and Tillandsia usneoides
- Stronger bone, nerves, and tissues health due to Calcium
The benefits of Prost-X may vary from one user to another.
6) Side Effects of Using Prost-X
Standard Process, the company manufacturing Prost-X ensures to adhere to the GMP standards during ingredient selection and production of its products. It has been in business for more than 80 years and takes pride in manufacturing safe and effective products for customers. Keeping this in mind, Prost-X is unlikely to cause any side effects.
However, it must be noted that there are inadequate customer reviews to support these claims.
7) Prost-X Product Warnings
- Prost X is not safe for lactating and pregnant women
- Do not consume if you are under 18 or suffering from a medical problem
- The supplement contains animal-derived ingredients making it unsuitable for vegetarians and vegans.
8) Where to Buy Prost-X
Prost-X can be directly purchased from the manufacturer by visiting standardprocess.com. Unfortunately, it is not currently available on Amazon or Walmart.
9) Prost-X Price
The price for Prost-X varies depending on where you purchase it from. In general, users can purchase one bottle of this supplement containing 90 capsules in a price range of $26 to $30.
10) Suggested Use
As per the company guidelines, users are required to take one pill of Prost-X per meal. This totals to three capsules a day, one with breakfast, lunch, and dinner each. The pills must be swallowed whole with a glass of water.
If you are new to Prost-X, it’s better to start with one pill per day and work your way up. This allows your body to adjust to the new supplement without causing any unnecessary side effects.
It is always suggested to contact a doctor before using Prost-X to determine a safe dose according to your body.
11) The Bottom Line – “Does it Work?”
Prost-X is a dietary supplement designed exclusively for men with prostate-related issues. With a proprietary blend of three ingredients, it claims to improve men’s health while boosting the health of nerves, tissues, and bones. Despite being a product of a well-known company with 80 years of experience, there are not enough customer reviews to back these claims. The ingredients list is also suspicious and may not be effective enough to deliver the promised benefits. The fact that Prost-X is not available on famous platforms like Amazon and Walmart also adds to its negative rating.
Overall, Prost-X is not recommended for daily use, and investing in an alternative with better customer rating and popularity is suggested.