Good brain health is something we all desire, and scientists have been working on different ways to help us achieve it. From digital whistles and bells on Amazon to puzzles, trivia, and games, there are many means of potentially improving mental health. But as you try these out one by one, never forget to focus on what experts call the pillar of cognitive health, i.e., nutrition.
There is no denying that diet plays an important in regulating brain health; however, supporting cognitive health with food alone can be pretty challenging. The sensible option is to supplement your nutritional intake with natural health products, such as Ortho Mind.
Ortho Mind by Advanced Orthomolecular Research (AOR) is a natural supplement that combines natural ingredients to boost mental health. Let’s look at the product more to understand its ingredients, working, pros and cons, and price.
1) Quick Overview
Ortho Mind is a natural supplement marketed to help enhance cognitive function in adults. The manufacturing company, Advanced Orthomolecular Research, claims that the formula can also help reduce fatigue caused by mental stress while generally supporting cognitive function. The supplement uses a combination of herbal ingredients, amino acids, and other nutrients designed to support and enhance cognitive function and assist with stress.
Manufactured by Advanced Orthomolecular Research, the product is advertised to be free of wheat, gluten, corn, dairy, nuts, soy, eggs, fish, shellfish, or any animal byproduct.
2) The Company Behind Ortho Mind
Ortho Mind is produced by a company called Advanced Orthomolecular Research (AOR), a Canadian company that develops, manufactures, and sells natural dietary supplements and vitamins. The company product portfolio currently comprises more than 500 different products designed to assist with a broad spectrum of health conditions, from asthma and diarrhea to immune system support and brain function enhancers. The company ensures to strictly adhere to the pharmaceutical principle and puts them into practice to formulate high-quality products.
These pharmaceutical principles allow the company to maintain purity, potency, and traceability from plants to products. These rules also give customers a chance to receive safe and effective products. AOR also mentions the continuous implementation of new testing strategies to increase quality control every step of the way.
3) What Are Ortho Mind Ingredients?
Ortho Mind comprises the following ingredients in its composition:
- Citicoline: Citicoline (or CDP-Choline) is naturally synthesized by the body from Choline. Various studies confirm that the ingredient possesses nootropic properties that enhance cognition and support brain function. It is also known as a brain phospholipid booster that enhances the brain’s natural ability to synthesize phospholipids. Phospholipids are essential components of brain cell membranes whose presence ensures normal brain responsiveness to neurotransmitter signals. Additionally, Citicoline has also been shown to play a role in the process of synthesis of key neurotransmitters, including acetylcholine, norepinephrine, dopamine, and serotonin, many of which work to regulate essential brain functions, such as memory, focus, and learning.
- R-Lipoic Acid and Acetyl-L-Carnitine: This ingredient possesses antioxidant properties that protect nerve cells from acquiring damage; together with acetyl-l-carnitine, another ingredient of Ortho Mind, it works to support the functions and working of mitochondria. Mitochondria are essential organelles that play a role in extracting energy from nutrients that cells can use. By supporting these organelles, R-lipoic acid and acetyl-l-carnitine provide adequate mental energy.
- Bacopa Monneiri: Traditional Chinese Medicine has been using this ingredient for centuries as a part of cognitive therapy for anxiety reduction and memory improvement. Modern-day studies also confirm its potential to boost cognitive enhancement while reducing oxidative damage and fighting cognitive disorders.
- L-Pyroglutamic Acid: The most common application of this ingredient involves improvement of the brain function. L-pyroglutamic acid supports the production of neurotransmitters and, in doing so, supports learning and memory. People have also reported it as an effective remedy for anxiety management.
- Panax Ginseng: Panax Ginseng is commonly used today for improving thinking, concentration, memory, and work efficiency, as well as physical stamina and athletic endurance. It is also used to restore deteriorated brain functions in patients with Alzheimer’s while managing the symptoms of depression.
4) Ortho Mind: Pros and Cons
The following lists of pros and cons can help you decide if purchasing Ortho Mind can benefit you.
- Ortho Mind contains no wheat, gluten, corn, dairy, nuts, soy, eggs, fish, shellfish, or any animal byproduct.
- It contains natural ingredients
- Extensive and detailed ingredient information is offered by the manufacturer
- Counterindicated for people who are taking blood thinners, digoxin, antidepressant medications, or medications for cardiovascular diseases or erectile dysfunction
- Not enough consumer reviews
Potentially serious side effects
- Not suitable for pregnant and breastfeeding women
5) Ortho Mind – Is it Safe?
Ortho Mind has been touted as a safe and effective formula because of its natural composition. However, the company warns that some people, such as diarrhea, may experience mild gastrointestinal discomfort after using it. Other side effects, like anxiety, headaches, and insomnia, may also occur. Dry mouth, fatigue, and nausea have also been reported by people using Ortho Mind.
Keep in mind that most of these side effects are mildly severe and tend to go away on their own.
6) Where to Buy Ortho Mind
You can purchase Ortho Mind from Amazon, Walmart, and the company’s official website (Aor.com).
7) How Much Does Ortho Mind Cost?
The price per bottle of Ortho Mind may vary depending on the store you purchase it from. Amazon is currently selling it at a price of $61.99 per bottle, where each bottle contains 90 capsules. The price is generally higher than that of other similar products.
8) How to Take Ortho Mind
Using Ortho Mind is fairly simple and involves a few easy steps. All you need to do is take two capsules of the supplement three times a day on an empty stomach. If you feel like this dose is too high, you may begin with a lower dose and gradually work your way up as your body starts adjusting to the new supplement.
Consider contacting a healthcare professional for more tailored advice.
9) Our Bottom Line
Ortho Mind by Advanced Orthomolecular Research is advertised as a cognitive booster that uses a blend of natural herbs, amino acids, and nutrients to improve brain health. The supplement is generally pricey and has fewer customer reviews, negatively affecting its overall reputation. Moreover, it has also been associated with a few side effects, due to which customers should look for better alternatives to boost their brain health.
I desparately needed something…and found Ortho-Mind. I had a stroke some years ago, lost some memory and have always suffered from chronic PVC’s in my heart beat. Here’s my review after one bottle of 180 caps taken of the Ortho-Mind product from AOR.
Helped short term memory about 50%.
Helped long term memory about 30%.
Helped in focus/attention deficit about 30%.
Iradicated PVC’s….95% for sure.
Improved (50k) bicycle endurance by 100%.
Lowered libido (sex drive) by 50%.
Having said that about libido:
It “enhanced erection hardness” by 70% and longevity by about 30%.
Restored stroke injuries of alertness, ambition and ability to take action on projects to be done:
I would measure those about 50% increase.
Encreased depression: awe…50%…sorry.
Trying to figure out how to counteract the depression issue now. Will let you know.