Supplements are often considered exclusively for adults.
However, times are changing and even children need a little boost whether for immunity, their favorite sport, or to have a better learning experience. Among these supplements is Focus Factor for Kids by Factor Nutrition Labs.
Focus Factor for Kids is advertised as a healthy brain function support for children. The formula is composed of vitamins and various nutrients, which includes Vitamin C,D,E, and B 12, Phosphatidylcholine, Inositol, Coenzyme Q10, etc.
The supplement claims to improve a child’s learning capacity, but is Focus Factor for Kids effective as a children’s nootropic? Read on to find out.
1) Focus Factor for Kids Quick Facts
- Focus Factor for Kids is a combination of vitamins and nutrients which supports healthy brain function.
- Phosphatidylcholine is a major component of biological membranes and can be easily obtained from a variety of readily available sources such as egg yolk or soy beans.
- Phosphatidylcholine is used to slow down aging-related processes and improve brain function and memory capacity.
2) The Company Behind Focus Factor for Kids
Focus Factor has been in business for over 20, launched by parent company Synergy CHC Corp. They’re a nootropic company that banks on the idea that our brain needs a boost whether we’re 5 or 50.
As the name implies, Focus Factor sells supplements that boost brain function and energy. Their products are available in capsules, chewables, gummies, and energy drinks.
3) Details on Focus Factor for Kids Ingredients and Uses
Focus Factor for Kids includes the following ingredients:
- Vitamin C & D: Vitamins known to enhance immunity, but also help with brain energy.
- Vitamin E: An antioxidant that protects the brain from oxidative stress, a primary contributor of neurodegeneration.
- Vitamin B12: This B vitamin is mostly used a metabolism enhancer that also helps with maintainining energy levels
- Phosphatidylcholine: A raw material used to form membranes for brain cells.
- Phosphatidylserine: One of the best nootropics for memory.
- N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine: Used for sharp focus, relaxation, and better attention.
- Inositol: A mood enhancer.
- Bilberry: An eye supplement, which helps with visual health.
- Coenzyme Q 10: A powerful, brain-cell defending antioxidant.
Other inactive ingredients: Natural Sweeteners (fructose, sucrose), Cellulose, Natural Flavors, Organic Cane Sugar, Magnesium Stearate and Silica.
4) Does Focus Factor for Kids Work?
We do think it works, but it varies per kid. There are barely studies about nootropics and their effects on kids, so whether it works or not will have to be observed by the parent or the child.
As for safety, the doses appear to be watered down compared to the adult versions, but perhaps this is a good thing. After all, you are asking kids to take supplements that affect their brain, so it’s better to only give them brain boosts in small amounts.
Focus Factor for Kids primarily targets children, so the formula doesn’t have any stimulants or any other artificial ingredients. Because it’s aimed at kids, Focus Factor for Kids also doesn’t have preservatives and artificial colorings.
5) Focus Factor for Kids Health Benefits
- Some of the herbal ingredients are known for their positive brain and nervous system properties
- The formula includes essential vitamins for the proper functioning of the human body.
6) What You Need to Know Before Taking Focus Factor for Kids
- Scarcity of information offered by the manufacturer
- Lack of research to prove the product is effective
- There are barely any studies that uses nootropics on kids
7) Where to Buy Focus Factor for Kids
You can buy Focus Factor for Kids on their website, Amazon, or any supplement retailer.
8) How Much Does Focus Factor for Kids Cost?
- Single bottle: $19.99
- 3 Pack: $58.50
- 6 Pack: $113.99
- Single bottle: $24.99
- 3 Pack: $73.50
- 6 Pack: $143.99
9) How to Take Focus Factor for Kids
As a dietary supplement for children 4 and over, chew 2 tablets per day with food.
10) Our Verdict on Focus Factor for Kids
Focus Factor for Kids is a dietary supplement for children over 4 years old designed to support essential brain functions (memory, focus, learning abilities, etc).
The ingredients in the formula are definitely quality nootropics, but since the consumers are kids, we’re not sure if the small doses given would be enough to actually have a positive effect. For this portion, it’s up to the parent to decide if Focus Factor for Kids works or not.
Finally, we recommend consulting with your pediatrician before giving your kid any supplements.