Focus XT Review – 10 Things You Should Consider
Nootropics are known for their benefits to focus, mental clarity, attention, and memory. This is why they’re mostly marketed towards college students, 9-5 workers, and business leaders and strategists.
However, many athletes are now taking nootropics on top of their pre workouts and fat burners because nootropics can help fight some of the stress associated with intense workouts. Focus XT seems to be one brand of nootropic catered towards lifters.
What is Focus XT? Does it work? Read on to find out.
1) Focus XT Quick Facts
- The Focus XT formula is developed and marketed under the brand SNS (Serious Nutrition Solutions).
- This is a powdered nootropic and comes in three flavors: Blue Raspberry, Pink Lemonade, and Rocket Pop.
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine is a naturally occurring substance in the human body with important antioxidant benefits.
- Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) is metabolized and converted into Choline, the brain’s primary currency for every brain process.
- The total caffeine per serving is 161mg according to the label
2) The Company Behind Focus XT
Serious Nutrition Solutions, LLC launched in 2005 in Danville, VA, United States. Their goal is to deliver high quality products at cost-effective prices.
They sell nootropics, testosterone boosters, energy boosters, fat burners, pre workouts, adaptogens, and wellness supplements. Their customers include fitness enthusiasts, men who want to feel younger, and those who want a supplement for long-term health and wellness.
3) Details on Focus XT Ingredients and Uses
Focus XT contains the following ingredients:
- Focus XT Tyrosine Complex (Tyrosine, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine)
- Focus XT Choline Complex (Choline bitartrate, Alpha GPC)
- Huperzine A
- DiCaffeine Malate
Other inactive ingredients include: Citric Acid, Silicon Dioxide, Maltodextrin, Natural & Artificial Flavors, Sucralose, FD&C Blue #1
The Tyrosine Complex improves focus and mood, the Choline Complex serves to help with general brain processes especially cognition, Acetyl-L-Carnitine improves brain energy, and Theanine helps keep you relaxed under tension.
Caffeine provide’s a spike in energy while DiCaffeine malate sustains it with its slow-release effect. Theacrine works like caffeine, but also has a slow-release effect, which reduces risks of caffeine-related symptoms such as jitters, nausea, and the crash.
4) Is Focus XT Right for You?
Since this is a powdered nootropic, the doses are definitely higher than average. Because of the dose, it’s tough to say Focus XT won’t work. If anything, it should provide focus, mental energy, and better attention, especially when we consider the synergy between these high quality ingredients.
5) Focus XT Benefits & Results
Taking Focus XT can help with:
- Mental Clarity
- Sustained Energy
- Memory retention
6) Focus XT Side Effects
It should be noted that you’ll get 161mg caffeine per serving. This is roughly equivalent to 1.5 cups of freshly brewed coffee.
Depending on your tolerance, 1.5 cups coffee may be your nomal serving size or too much in one sitting. If it’s too much, you may experience jitters, nausea, anxiety, and palpitations.
7) Where to Buy Focus XT?
Focus XT is available on their online store, Amazon, and other supplement retail stores.
8) Focus XT Price
One bottle (30 servings): $29.99
9) Directions For Taking Focus XT
As a dietary supplement, mix one scoop in 12 ounces of water. Shake or stir well before using. Amount of liquid may be adjusted based on individual taste preferences. Do not exceed 3 servings in 24 hours.
10) Final Thoughts on Focus XT
Focus XT is a promoted as a multi-benefit mental energy boosting formula. There is clearly synergy between ingredients and it seems their researchers did their homework for the most part.
The doses per ingredient and complex are generous, especially their Choline and Tyrosine complexes, but that is to be expected from a powdered nootropic.
We don’t have much of a nitpick aside from the generic ingredients used in the formula. While we prefer branded names, it’s understandable that SNS wants to keep their products high quality, but also affordable, in line with their company goals.
Frequently Asked Questions about Focus XT
Focus XT is a flavored powdered formula advertised as a mental performance and energy enhancing supplement. The manufacturer of the formula is SNS (Serious Nutrition Solutions).
The formula is recommended to adults who are interested in achieving optimal mental performance levels to fulfill their daily activities. Pregnant and nursing women are not advised to use this formula.
The formula contains 161mg caffeine per serving, which is around 1.5 cups of freshly brewed coffee. If not well tolerated, consumption can lead to jitters, nausea, palpitations, anxiety, and crashing.
You can Focus XT on their online store, Amazon, and other supplement retail stores.
The formula seems to rely heavily on brain energy stimulation. This is evident with their use of DMAE, their Choline complex, and a good dose of Acetyl-L-Carnitine, all of which support brain energy metabolism.
You can expect to feel alert, focused, and committed to the work in front of you whether it's an overdue report or a tough day inside the gym.
What Focus XT promises is it will improve mental performance, but as for long-term brain health, it depends on how long you'll use it.
Some of the ingredients in the formula such as Acetyl-L-Carnitine have been cited to help with aged brain function, Theanine can help with stress, and Alpha GPC can improve general memory retention.
The danger is in the dose. One serving size has 161mg caffeine, and so they warn against taking more than three servings in a 24-hour period. We recommend sticking to 1 serving per 8 hours.
Serious Nutritions Solutions
- Kobayashi S, Iwamoto M, Kon K, Waki H, Ando S, Tanaka Y. Acetyl-L-carnitine improves aged brain function. Geriatr Gerontol Int. 2010 Jul;10 Suppl 1:S99-106. doi: 10.1111/j.1447-0594.2010.00595.x. PMID: 20590847.
- Hidese S, Ogawa S, Ota M, et al. Effects of L-Theanine Administration on Stress-Related Symptoms and Cognitive Functions in Healthy Adults: A Randomized Controlled Trial. Nutrients. 2019;11(10):2362. Published 2019 Oct 3. doi:10.3390/nu11102362
- Parker AG, Byars A, Purpura M, Jäger R. The effects of alpha-glycerylphosphorylcholine, caffeine or placebo on markers of mood, cognitive function, power, speed, and agility. J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2015;12(Suppl 1):P41. Published 2015 Sep 21. doi:10.1186/1550-2783-12-S1-P41