Supplement companies are constantly trying to create the ultimate formula that addresses any lifter’s muscle mass needs. One of them is Animal Pak by Universal Nutrition.
With over 50 key ingredients (not counting the vitamins and minerals), Animal Pak is hell bent on being the complete muscle nutrition supplement in the industry.
Is Animal Pak formulated for efficient gains? Will its 50+ ingredient formula work for optimal training? Read our Animal Pak review to find out.
1) Animal Pak at a Glance
- Animal Pak positions itself as an “all-in-one” supplement for serious lifters.
- The 50+ key ingredients are separated into 8 blends: Vitamins & Minerals, amino acids, liver detox, protein, performance, antioxidant, digestive enzymes, and energy & focus.
- The vitamins and minerals found in Animal Pak boast of high doses, with B12 going up to 41667% DV or almost 42 times the recommended serving daily.
- They recommend two-pack serving fo those who compete or train with higher intensity.
2) The Company Behind Animal Pak
Universal Nutrition launched Animal Pak in 1983. Universal Nutrition was founded in 1977, making it one of the oldest supplement companies in the world. They sell gear, greens, weight loss supplements, protein powders, and meal replacements.
Some of their best-seller include:
- Animal Cuts
- Animal Pump
- No-Stim Animal Cuts
- Animal Test
- Animal Whey
- Contact Form: https://www.animalpak.com/contact
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/officialanimalpak
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/animalpak/
3) Animal Pak Ingredients
Animal Pak’s long list of ingredients can be summarized into just 8 blends.
Vitamins & Minerals
This blend has all the vitamins & minerals from A to Zinc to help fill all those nutrient gaps during and after intense exercise. The standout ones are, of course, the B Complexes thanks to their absurdly high doses.
B complexes are water soluble, so you can practically dump as many as you want and you wouldn’t really have any issues woth overdosing.
Amino Acid Complex
Exactly what the title says, this blend consists of every amino acid our muscles need for growth and energy.
Liver Detox Complex
Taking this many ingredients is bound to stress our liver, so Animal Pak thought ahead and gave us a liver support blend on the side.
It’s actually amazing how relatively large their protein blend dosing is considering how it’s part of a 50+ ingredient formula. It even contains actual beef & liver powder.
This blend must be their brain energy blend, with some energy metabolism benefits on the side.
We’re not sure they bothered to add an antioxidant blend given the doses, but it’s better than nothing.
Digestive Enzyme & Absorption Complex
Taking this many ingredients at once might make it tough for our stomachs to metabolize them properly, so a digestive support blend really helps.
Energy & Focus Complex
As the name suggests, this is Animal Pak’s nootropic blend. The standout ingredient is tyrosine, which helps with focus and reduces stress levels.
4) Does Animal Pak Work and it is Safe?
Animal Paks is one of those “too big to fail” type of formulas. The ingredients included were definitely designed to help fast-track muscle energy metabolism and recovery, but we’re not confident that everything works as intended.
After all, you digets all of them at once, and the body doesn’t really discriminate whether an ingredient should be absorbed first or last. This means ingredients meant for muscle recovery might be metabolized first, rendering its purpose less than optimal.
As for safety, it will have to depend on the user. Having too many ingredients in one formula means there are more ways things can go wrong, so it’s better if you sought professional advice before taking Animal Pak.
If you feel sick later and you think Animal Pak is causing it, cease intake and seek immediate help.
5) Animal Pak Health Benefits
- Contains well-researched training ingredients
- Good dosing for most ingredients.
- Ingredients can be good for overall health, not just fitness purposes
- Contains liver and digestion support
6) Animal Pak Product Warnings
- Some allergic reactions may appear in people who are hypersensitive due to it being an “all-but-the-kitchen” sink approach
7) Where to Buy Animal Pak?
Animal Pak can be purchased through their main website and in various online supplement retail shops.
8) Animal Pak Cost
- 30 Packs, 15-30 servings: $33.50
- 30 Packs autoship discount: $30.15
- 44 Packs: $40.95
- 44 Packs autoship discount: $36.85
9) Animal Pak Directions
Take 1 to 2 packs with breakfast or any other meal, with plenty of water. For those who compete or are training with higher intensity, two packs is suggested.
10) Final Thoughts on Animal Pak
All in all, Animal Pak is an “all-but-the-kitchen-sink” approach which contains a multitude of components varying from vitamins and minerals, to amino-acids and digestive enzymes.
The purpose behind its design was to provide body-builders and amateur as well as professional sportsmen an improved nutritional percentage on a daily basis so they can enhance muscular mass, strength, and endurance.
It’s too big to fail, but it’s also prone to having many things go wrong at the same time. If you’re wondering if Animal Pak is safe for you to use, kindly ask your physician to see if your body can take this type of supplement.