Higher Mind is another addition to the constantly growing and evolving nootropic market. This brain-boosting supplement claims to work differently from its competitors and targets several aspects of brain health together, such as neurotransmitters, cell membrane stability, and antioxidant defense. These reported benefits are delivered through a blend of natural ingredients with no added chemicals or artificial ingredients.
But we have heard numerous such claims from many other similar products in the market already. So what makes Higher Mind different and superior to them, if at all? Is it really worth your attention, time, and money? This Higher Mind review will help you decide.
1) What is Higher Mind?
With so many people living busy, high-pressure life, it is common to turn to various forms of supplements in the hope of restoring balance. One such supplement is Higher Mind by Source Naturals. Higher Mind is portrayed as a product that helps the mind and the body function at the highest possible level. It is claimed to be something a person can use to feel calm, reduce stress, and be alert. The supplement also allows users to energize the body and brain while fighting constant fatigue.
The supplement is available in the form of oral capsules that can be conveniently carried and consumed whenever the time is right. With an exclusively natural composition and no chemical additives, using Higher Mind is presumably safe and unlikely to disturb other functions of the body.
2) The Company Behind Higher Mind
Higher Mind is manufactured by Source Naturals, a company created by Ira Goldberg in 1982 with a mission to support people to enjoy optimal health. Back then, the concept of manufacturing nutritional formulations for the maintenance of health and well-being was extremely rare and practically didn’t exist. The company was among the pioneers to use herbal and naturally-extracted blends to improve the overall quality of living.
Today, the supplements manufactured by Source Naturals remain at the leading edge of the current Wellness Revolution. In addition to supplying people with its healthy supplements, the company also runs a Strategy for Wellness program that empowers individuals to take charge of their health instead of relying on external medical authority only. The aim of this campaign is to provide more fulfilled and productive lives.
3) What’s Inside Higher Mind?
Higher Mind has a very long list of ingredients added to the core formula for maximal benefits. Some of these key ingredients have been listed below, along with their potential uses for the brain:
- Taurine: Taurine is a type of amino acid that also works as a neurotransmitter in the brain to improve brain function. It is also known to manage other diseases like epilepsy, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease. It is an amino acid and is known to increase blood flow when taken orally.
- Huperzine A: This plant-based ingredient works by increasing the levels of acetylcholine and boosting mental capabilities in users. Huperzine has also been a subject of interest in treating patients with Alzheimer’s disease.
- Vinpocetine: Vitamin B6 & B12Both vitamin B6 and B12 play a role in the release of serotonin, a chemical that helps regulate social behavior and mood. The vitamins have also been known to help with depression by minimizing the levels of homocysteine in the body.
- DMAE: Experts believe DMAE can positively affect mood, enhance memory, and improve brain function, making it a prevalent ingredient in many brain supplements. It works by increasing acetylcholine production, a neurotransmitter crucial for helping nerve cells send signals and regulating numerous cognitive functions, such as memory and learning.
- Phosphatidylserine: This fatty substance naturally occurs in the body and plays an essential role in maintaining different bodily functions. Phosphatidylserine is also known to prevent age-related mental decline and memory loss. Additionally, studies confirm its role in information and consolidation of short-term memory.
- GABA: Gamma-aminobutyric acid is a natural amino acid that provides a safety net for mental health. It also protects the brain from stress while relieving anxiety levels.
- Vitamin B6 and B12 Both vitamin B6 and B12 play a role in the release of serotonin, a chemical that helps in the regulation of social behavior and mood. The vitamins have also been known to help with depression by minimizing the levels of homocysteine in the body.
4) Is Higher Mind Right for You?
Higher Mind is a combination of vitamins, nutrients, and amino acids that can help restore the mind and body balance. It is stated to help reduce both stress and fatigue that may otherwise cause problems for the body and the brain. According to the product’s official website, this is accomplished by creating healthy cells, balancing the production of chemicals in the brain, and releasing antioxidants to help remove free radicals.
Higher Mind comes with an extensive list of natural ingredients, vitamins, and minerals, most of which have been used repeatedly in various brain supplements. However, there is plenty lacking regarding what they can offer. For example, there haven’t been enough studies on amino acids or herbal ingredients about what types of benefits they can provide for the brain. The website for Higher Mind also doesn’t offer any information about how this combination of ingredients in the amounts they have been used in the product can substantiate the claims being made.
5) Side Effects of Using Higher Mind
Some side effects associated with the use of Higher Mind include nausea, dizziness, and irritability. Some rare serious side effects that may occur with its use include joint pain, swelling, nose or gum bleeds, bruising, and dark urine. Such symptoms should be reported to the doctor for further evaluation as urgently as possible.
6) Higher Mind Warnings and Precautions
- The use of this product isn’t recommended for any person who is pregnant, nursing, or using prescription antidepressants.
- Individuals taking medications to control high blood pressure or diabetes need to consult with their doctor before using Higher Mind.
- Higher Mind formulation contains soy and may not be safe for people allergic to it.
7) Where to Buy Higher Mind
Unfortunately, Higher Mind is very difficult to purchase online. It is unavailable on third-party websites, such as Walmart and Amazon. The official website (sourcenaturals.com) can direct you to the local stores selling the product in the surrounding areas.
8) How Much Does Higher Mind Cost?
Even though you can’t purchase this product from the manufacturer, they do offer some suggested retail prices. That information can assist with deciding where you will purchase the product either locally or online.
- 30 tablets of Higher Mind are available at a price of $24.25
- 60 tablets of Higher Mind are available at a price of $47.50
- 90 tablets of Higher Mind are available at a price of $69.98
- 120 tablets of Higher Mind are available at a price of $92.98
- 30 tablets of Higher Mind are available at a price of $24.25
9) How to Use Higher Mind
The recommended dose for Higher Mind is between one to four capsules per day. It is best to start with one tablet per day and slowly work your way up according to your needs. This approach can also ensure you do not overdose or suffer side effects.
10) Final Thoughts on Higher Mind
Higher Mind is a nootropic supplement with an extensive list of naturally-extracted ingredients to support brain health. With an affordable price and sufficient evidence backing its ingredients’ cognitive abilities, it can be a possibly good addition to your daily life. The only downside of this supplement is its availability, as you may need to search for it locally instead of enjoying the convenience of ordering it online.